Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 30, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #26,086 of 62,422
My question is if there are any TWS earbuds that has the shape of something like the WF-1000XM3 where there is a large base/body outside of the ear as well as have aptx-LL so it's actually capable of gaming. The only thing putting me off TWS IEMS/earbuds is the lack of aptx LL. Sony's would be perfect if there was because I was planning on getting them with a modmic wireless attached to the bigger body/base.

I use the Sonys to game all the time. There might be lag but I find it virtually unnoticeable.

Interestingly enough after getting the Sonys (and the right tips for them...) I stopped looking for other earphones and earbuds and almost never visit here anymore. I think they are my end game.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2020 at 8:52 PM Post #26,087 of 62,422
The best earbuds I have found for call quality are the Edifier TWS NB2. They are really in a league of their own - you have to make a trade off (form factor is definitely designed with calls in mind) and they only support SBC (although they have played around with the bitpool settings so it is ultra low latency) but they are my go-to for wfh.

The Tronsmart Apollo Bold are different. They eliminate background noise indoors well, but a little too well as you can sound a little muffled yourself at times. This is to be honest to be expected since your mouth is further from the microphone than stem-based earbuds, but it's fine indoors as long as you take this into consideration.

Outdoors it does block out some background noise but the muffling becomes exacerbated, not to the point of the cheapy mpow etc but still, it's there, and it's again to be expected.

The Tranya T10 are great for calls if you are on a budget. I got rid of mine because the plastic on the top rubbed the cartilage and made them uncomfortable but it was undeniable they had a quality about them.

Finally, if you find yourself seduced by the 'AI mic' on the the Taotronics SoundLiberty 79.....don't be. Yes it is very good handling calls, but everything else on it is shocking!

I have been trying out the new Tranya M10 since I received it 2 days ago and have been very impressed to say the least. They have somehow figured out how to make non stem buds with good call quality and with 4 mics in the latest version, the call quality is close to flawless. If I have to nitpick, the only negative thing I've noticed is people's loud voices in the background/ tv can be heard somewhat by the other party on the line. Even then it's really suppressed so isn't an issue at all and I believe this is the case for all other TWS earphones if I'm not mistaken. I work on the phones all day and my Jabber VOIP calls have never sounded this good both ways easily beating out the Airpods pro and the Jabra 75T. They lasted well over 9 hours and were still going before they went back in the charger earlier today.

I know this is subjective but I have found they fit my ears to a T due to their design and I'm getting excellent passive noise cancellation because of this. Sound quality wise in the bass boost mode- the mids and highs are much clearer and well tamed compared to the previous T10 and reminiscent of the original B530. Bass is punchy and well defined. Normal mode is closer to neutral overall and sounds great with some of my jazz tracks and audiobooks. Switching between the two is instant and I like the fact that they have physical buttons located on the top so they're very easy to get to without pushing the buds in.

I will be taking them out for a run this weekend but this is where I've always had issues with Tranya's IP ratings in the past. I'm one of those poor souls who sweats furiously and those sweats for some reason run straight down my ears like a faucet pouring on them. My previous T10 with a higher IP rating didn't survive past the 8 month mark but to be honest that's not been the only set that I've lost because of sweat damage (is this issue just me?)....so we'll see. Even with this possibility I feel like they're an absolute steal for $60 when I first ordered them 2 weeks ago on Tranya's website.

Edit: I have an extra one time use only coupon that expires after tomorrow if anyone wants to try them out. Use SPINZVKVOYIO for 40% off to bring them down to the above price. YMMV.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #26,088 of 62,422
Kinera Seeks Your Advice

Kinera has always been lauded for their iems designs and implementation of the hand painter process in their high-end/mid-range products.They are in the development process of their latest TWS, which will also be hand-painted. Aesthetics aside, they are asking for your advice on what features could be added to this TWS. Better battery life, multi drivers, noise cancellation; it can be anything. Drop your comments below to let them know what features do you expect in a TWS. Also, they're giving away 2 pairs of the hand painted TWS. Head over to Kinera's official website to Participate.

Sep 30, 2020 at 9:03 PM Post #26,089 of 62,422
I have been trying out the new Tranya M10 since I received it 2 days ago and have been very impressed to say the least. They have somehow figured out how to make non stem buds with good call quality and with 4 mics in the latest version, the call quality is close to flawless. If I have to nitpick, the only negative thing I've noticed is people's loud voices in the background/ tv can be heard somewhat by the other party on the line. Even then it's really suppressed so isn't an issue at all and I believe this is the case for all other TWS earphones if I'm not mistaken. I work on the phones all day and my Jabber VOIP calls have never sounded this good both ways easily beating out the Airpods pro and the Jabra 75T. They lasted well over 9 hours and were still going before they went back in the charger earlier today.

I know this is subjective but I have found they fit my ears to a T due to their design and I'm getting excellent passive noise cancellation because of this. Sound quality wise in the bass boost mode- the mids and highs are much clearer and well tamed compared to the previous T10 and reminiscent of the original B530. Bass is punchy and well defined. Normal mode is closer to neutral overall and sounds great with some of my jazz tracks and audiobooks. Switching between the two is instant and I like the fact that they have physical buttons located on the top so they're very easy to get to without pushing the buds in.

I will be taking them out for a run this weekend but this is where I've always had issues with Tranya's IP ratings in the past. I'm one of those poor souls who sweats furiously and those sweats for some reason run straight down my ears like a faucet pouring on them. My previous T10 with a higher IP rating didn't survive past the 8 month mark but to be honest that's not been the only set that I've lost because of sweat damage (is this issue just me?)....so we'll see. Even with this possibility I feel like they're an absolute steal for $60.

Nice impressions! Nice early bird price. They were like $89 and a 30% off code. Also had a fee of $3 so they were $71. I didn't checkout but $59.99 when they show up on Amazon. Guess they weren't buying them at the original Tranya website price so they lowered it.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2020 at 9:06 PM Post #26,090 of 62,422
I use the Sonys to game all the time. There might be lag but I find it virtually unnoticeable.

Interestingly enough after getting the Sonys (and the right tips for them...) I stopped looking for other earphones and earbuds and almost never visit here anymore. I think they are my end game.
Ooh, thats interesting. Do you use it on Sony's LDAC bluetooth codec format? What about movies? Any issues with lip syncing in those? I just find it weird why Sony wouldn't add those codecs because it means much more compatibility with other devices. Also, how's the grip on those (like any movement from running/moving) because the modmic wireless is about 30g and I'm wondering how well it would hold up on it.

Sep 30, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #26,091 of 62,422
Nice impressions! Nice early bird price. They were $90 with the code. Also had a fee of $3 so they were $71. I didn't checkout but $59.99 when they show up on Amazon. Guess they weren't buying them at the original Tranya website price so they lowered it.

Funny but I ended up getting that discount from Tranya's website where they have a submit your e-mail and spin to win roulette game on their home page. I've always been a sucker for those games and I'm SHOCKED I didn't win the 100% OFF :wink:

Sep 30, 2020 at 9:22 PM Post #26,092 of 62,422
Speaking of the NB2. Just saw these that look amazingly similar :)... https://www.myearfun.com/headphones/earfun-air-pro-anc-true-wireless-earbuds-black
Only $64.00 with the code.

Two more weeks till they drop though.
Inb4 Gamesky says "These have a dah-namic sound and control everything but the volume"... Pass

The touch controls don't even mention next and previous track, hmm

With low-budget touch sensors, I agree triple and quadruple taps can lead to responsiveness issues (*coughcough Aufo M1 Taotronics 94* but I'd rather have a complete set of features done well.

Sep 30, 2020 at 9:23 PM Post #26,093 of 62,422

I will be taking them out for a run this weekend but this is where I've always had issues with Tranya's IP ratings in the past. I'm one of those poor souls who sweats furiously and those sweats for some reason run straight down my ears like a faucet pouring on them. My previous T10 with a higher IP rating didn't survive past the 8 month mark but to be honest that's not been the only set that I've lost because of sweat damage (is this issue just me?)....so we'll see. Even with this possibility I feel like they're an absolute steal for $60.

Edit: I have an extra one time use only coupon that expires after tomorrow if anyone wants to try them out. Use SPINZVKVOYIO for 40% off to bring them down to the above price. YMMV.
Sounds like a 1 time account for paid shil

Sep 30, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #26,094 of 62,422
Sounds like a 1 time account for paid shil

Long time lurker and just joined the forum. I used a few disposable e-mails to try to win that 100% OFF as mentioned in the previous post on Tranya's site but was unsuccessful. Hence the reason I shared that extra coupon. For you I'll try to balance my posts with reviews of my other sets which I love as much with all their pros and cons (Spoiler: Nothing revelatory other than what's been said ad nauseum so far :rolling_eyes:)

Sep 30, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #26,095 of 62,422
Inb4 Gamesky says "These have a dah-namic sound and control everything but the volume"... Pass

The touch controls don't even mention next and previous track, hmm

With low-budget touch sensors, I agree triple and quadruple taps can lead to responsiveness issues (*coughcough Aufo M1 Taotronics 94* but I'd rather have a complete set of features done well.

Yeah but for those who do want them better to pay $64 than $100 or $80 with slow Ali shipping.

Sep 30, 2020 at 10:03 PM Post #26,096 of 62,422
Yeah but for those who do want them better to pay $64 than $100 or $80 with slow Ali shipping.
Just got my orders from Ali and it took 12 days instead of 1+ month like before. I am actually quite surprise. I am in California, USA btw.

Sep 30, 2020 at 10:54 PM Post #26,097 of 62,422
Kinera Seeks Your Advice

Kinera has always been lauded for their iems designs and implementation of the hand painter process in their high-end/mid-range products.They are in the development process of their latest TWS, which will also be hand-painted. Aesthetics aside, they are asking for your advice on what features could be added to this TWS. Better battery life, multi drivers, noise cancellation; it can be anything. Drop your comments below to let them know what features do you expect in a TWS. Also, they're giving away 2 pairs of the hand painted TWS. Head over to Kinera's official website to Participate.
Ambiant mode
6+ hours on IEM + 10-20hr from case
Top audiophile sound, coming from whatever means they want. Multi driver? If it can help them get a clean, spacious, detailed sound, sure!
If there was 1 TWS with high end audio like custom iem AND ambiant mode, I'd jump on it.

Sep 30, 2020 at 10:56 PM Post #26,098 of 62,422
Just got my orders from Ali and it took 12 days instead of 1+ month like before. I am actually quite surprise. I am in California, USA btw.
Still waiting on my TWSNB2 from ali. They haven't registered in custom yet. It has been 22 days already.

Sep 30, 2020 at 11:03 PM Post #26,099 of 62,422
Long time lurker and just joined the forum. I used a few disposable e-mails to try to win that 100% OFF as mentioned in the previous post on Tranya's site but was unsuccessful. Hence the reason I shared that extra coupon. For you I'll try to balance my posts with reviews of my other sets which I love as much with all their pros and cons (Spoiler: Nothing revelatory other than what's been said ad nauseum so far :rolling_eyes:)
Meant no offense, it was simply suspicious for someone (who wrote like someone who have knowledge about IEM as either a regular poster or long time lurker) to join simply to write about 1 very specific TWS, giving a discount code for it and not even saying where they are coming from.
Saw shills in altcoin so many time, I'd call my reaction a side effect from previous experiences :wink:

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2020 at 11:29 PM Post #26,100 of 62,422
In Canada I find ePacket and UBI take about 10 days but it seems ePacket is less frequently used nowadays. UBI is sometimes listed separately but it could also be under "Standard Shipping". For me the biggest waste of time is the order processing and dispatching. Some dispatch it within 1-2 days but others slack until the last few hours of the 5-day window. Last year I purchased something around this Chinese holiday period and they were still active in getting it shipped, whereas in Canada nothing's shipped on weekends or holidays (except during December they do weekends). It might just be the headquarters of Geekbuying, but I found it odd my Tronsmart package had an address in Ontario even though my tracking number implied a direct flight to Vancouver - took 3 weeks total.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back