Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 30, 2020 at 8:07 AM Post #26,071 of 62,389
Sep 30, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #26,072 of 62,389
It does store the eq on the buds, hopefully they add some useful eq options, currently they are all muffling.

I've been the foil to that glowing review above, being also an early tester, I've been advocating for different presets for more than a month and offering interface and language advice that has been ignored as they said other testers liked the increased bass presets.

Tap once and hold actually means tap + long tap for example. Below are my suggestions for tronsmart with a few alternative UI elements for the button setting interface that clarifies the interactions, the suggestion is really mostly to fix the language and add dots and long ovals like morse code for visual reification, not to overhaul the ui. The UI of the touch button settings is actually quite ok. Again, these are just UI mockups by me, not them. This was my suggestion for straightforward EQ settings rather than 90s boombox presets with unknown effects.

Other suggestions were:
Allow disabling Ambient for quicker switching between ANC/non anc
Allow disabling spoken audio prompts and replacing them with shorter tones
Setting parameters for ANC

Attachments

• Screen_Shot_2020-09-20_at_1.38.33_AM.png
    Screen_Shot_2020-09-20_at_1.38.33_AM.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screen_Shot_2020-09-20_at_1.41.53_AM.png
    Screen_Shot_2020-09-20_at_1.41.53_AM.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 30, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #26,073 of 62,389
@Tronsmart Official is the android app for the apollo not available yet? the one on the playstore seems still only for the spunky beats

Sep 30, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #26,074 of 62,389
Does the new firmware fix the "bass booming" when ANC is turned on ? That was really THE problem of the Apollos.

Sep 30, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #26,076 of 62,389
Does the new firmware fix the "bass booming" when ANC is turned on ? That was really THE problem of the Apollos.
No, see my post above, it only allows you to increase the bass. I don't know what new default the above reviewer is talking about since the default is the default as it was before, including the bass boost on the ANC.

Sep 30, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #26,077 of 62,389
My question wasn't related to the EQ settings but rather to the bug whereby bass becomes intolerably loud/boomy when ANC (and Ambient to a lesser degree) is turned on. It's odd they haven't tried to fix that problem...but then Tronsmart never replied to my repeated specific questions so maybe they can't hear it and therefore won't fix it !

Sep 30, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #26,078 of 62,389

thanks! as a matter of fact i already installed it from link on the tronsmart questionnaire thread :grin::thumbsup:

My question wasn't related to the EQ settings but rather to the bug whereby bass becomes intolerably loud/boomy when ANC (and Ambient to a lesser degree) is turned on. It's odd they haven't tried to fix that problem...but then Tronsmart never replied to my repeated specific questions so maybe they can't hear it and therefore won't fix it !

for my ears, the default EQ is about the same with this firmware compared to before the update. almost no change at all for my ears

the problem of bass jump on the ANC and ambient mode compared to off mode also still there.

for now the only improvement for me is the ability to customize buttons and availability of the preset EQ, which for myself only the Jazz (and maybe the classical) can work for me in ANC/ambient mode on. the other preset are still just too much on the bass for my taste.

also anyone hear a weird freq peak on the default preset? it's very apparent to me each time i switch from the other preset

Sep 30, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #26,079 of 62,389
So, what's my best option currently for a wireless IEM with ANC good enough for in-plane usage that's available now via Amazon Prime?

I notice the T1XS is available for $60, but judging from reports I'm not sure the noise cancelling does too well. The new Bose won't be out in time (trip is next week). Suggestions for good flying buds?

Maybe the Edifier NB2? Even though it's $100 on Amazon vs $80 on AliE.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #26,080 of 62,389
If you're in the US (or the UK) I would recommend the Amazon Echo Buds, very decent SQ and best in class overall isolation thanks to the stellar passive isolation and "Bose ANR". Actually they isolate just as well as my QC25 cans. Earbuds like the Apple Airpods Pro have more impressive ANC but that's because they don't isolate passively very much at all and overall they can't compete. The Echo Buds are a well kept secret, due to limited distribution but also it seems because people hate the "old school" microUSB plug, something I have a bit of a hard to understand TBH...sure USB C is more convenient but it's really not the end of the world to have a microUSB cable handy !

Sep 30, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #26,081 of 62,389
If you're in the US (or the UK) I would recommend the Amazon Echo Buds, very decent SQ and best in class overall isolation thanks to the stellar passive isolation and "Bose ANR". Actually they isolate just as well as my QC25 cans. Earbuds like the Apple Airpods Pro have more impressive ANC but that's because they don't isolate passively very much at all and overall they can't compete. The Echo Buds are a well kept secret, due to limited distribution but also it seems because people hate the "old school" microUSB plug, something I have a bit of a hard to understand TBH...sure USB C is more convenient but it's really not the end of the world to have a microUSB cable handy !

Begone you peasant! Don't you dare speak of some illiterates things like micro usb! :deadhorse:

:ksc75smile::ksc75smile:
:wink:

Sep 30, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #26,082 of 62,389
So, what's my best option currently for a wireless IEM with ANC good enough for in-plane usage that's available now via Amazon Prime?

I notice the T1XS is available for $60,
Oh man, thank you for the heads up. Somehow these haven’t been showing up for me and I’ve been searching regularly and only gotten results for the third party seller that has them for $90 and not shipping for weeks.

Just ordered them in white, super excited!

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #26,083 of 62,389
Oh man, thank you for the heads up. Somehow these haven’t been showing up for me and I’ve been searching regularly and only gotten results for the third party seller that has them for $90 and not shipping for weeks.

Just ordered them in white, super excited!

The NB2 that you were asking about a couple days ago is also available on Amazon, but at $99.99 which is $20 more than ordering them from China. Prime shipping though.

Sep 30, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #26,084 of 62,389
Last edited:
Sep 30, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #26,085 of 62,389
My question is if there are any TWS earbuds that has the shape of something like the WF-1000XM3 where there is a large base/body outside of the ear as well as have aptx-LL so it's actually capable of gaming. The only thing putting me off TWS IEMS/earbuds is the lack of aptx LL. Sony's would be perfect if there was because I was planning on getting them with a modmic wireless attached to the bigger body/base.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back