Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 29, 2020 at 12:18 AM Post #26,041 of 62,439
I'm in the market for a new pair of TW IEM. I've used the Jabra 65T in the past and loved the seal and the way it sounded. I've also used the Powerbeats Pro and Airpods primarily for phone calls because I found the mic to be really good. I was about to pull the trigger on the Jabra Elite Active 75T got intrigued by the Tronsmart Apollo Bold. The battery life and price point looks great. Any input on the mic quality? I see it has 6 mics to help with noise canceling but don't know how that translates to phone calls. I am on the phone a good portion of the day so mic quality is high on my priority list.

Sep 29, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #26,042 of 62,439
These don't look too bad, but they remind me of that Indiegogo scam "Song X" by Aria. They stoop as far as adding fake comments like "I received the wrong colour and you forgot the ring protector", but it seems no real backer has received the product yet.

Sorry if this is a repost, but I’m really excited. I use my 75t’s everyday for work and I love them. So excited to get a free ANC upgrade. https://www.theverge.com/platform/a...rbuds-announced-active-noise-cancellation-75t
I just hope they don't raise the price up after...

Sep 29, 2020 at 12:30 AM Post #26,043 of 62,439
I'm in the market for a new pair of TW IEM. I've used the Jabra 65T in the past and loved the seal and the way it sounded. I've also used the Powerbeats Pro and Airpods primarily for phone calls because I found the mic to be really good. I was about to pull the trigger on the Jabra Elite Active 75T got intrigued by the Tronsmart Apollo Bold. The battery life and price point looks great. Any input on the mic quality? I see it has 6 mics to help with noise canceling but don't know how that translates to phone calls. I am on the phone a good portion of the day so mic quality is high on my priority list.
It's pretty alright, gets a little overwhelmed by wind and sound like you are in a tunnel driving with your windows open. I think it's partly that it picks up a lot more of the lower end where other earphone just high pass filter most of the bottom end. Part of the reason you like the two you mentioned are that they have elongated cases that can direct the mic pickup cone better towards your mouth and out of the amplifying dish that is your ear.

Sep 29, 2020 at 12:49 AM Post #26,044 of 62,439
Andddd my T1XS direct from China has landed on my shores. In 4 days from ordering. That was really quick TBH.

Should probably be in my hands by this weekend as I work kinda far from where the buds will be shipped to (about 150km far 🤣).

Can't wait to try 'em out at this point (especially to see if Gaming Mode is any better than the L2P on Apt-X for... uh... "light" gaming).

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2020 at 6:17 AM Post #26,047 of 62,439
The AKG N400 sound remarkably good. I wasn't a huge fan in the beginning due to fit issues, the included tips were just too small to properly seal my ear canal, so even noise cancelling was essentially useless. I ordered the TWS specific tips from Comply in large size and they made a massive difference. Now with proper sealing, NC and a minor bass boost via equalizer (personal preference) they've become my commute companions. The only annoying thing is the weird pair/unpair procedure that makes me waste quite some time every time I go from dap to smartphone. The usability of the app is also not great, and I wish controls were a bit more customizable, bur for sound quality they exceeded my expectations.

Sep 29, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #26,049 of 62,439
Creative Outlier Air 2...
1601380615561.png

5.6mm Graphene, aptX, "electrostatic" touch controls, improved mics/call quality, antenna upgrade, X-Fi ready. IPX5 and 12 hour/34 total battery life.

and Aviot TE-BD21J
1601418049028.png

1601380888313.png

1601418010879.png

Reworking of the older F model triple hybrid. BT5.2, aptX Adaptive, says more responsive Titanium dynamic and matched BA drivers and smaller housing. Qualcomm true wireless mirroring, Improved mic and ambient function. High performance touch sensors for the controls. USB C, IPX4 and 9 hours battery time. Comes with a leash which I like so you can hang them around your neck and even leave the case home. Release price in Yen converts to $140.
https://www.translatetheweb.com/?from=&to=en&ref=TVert_ct&dl=en&rr=HE&a=https://aviot.jp/

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #26,050 of 62,439
It's pretty alright, gets a little overwhelmed by wind and sound like you are in a tunnel driving with your windows open. I think it's partly that it picks up a lot more of the lower end where other earphone just high pass filter most of the bottom end. Part of the reason you like the two you mentioned are that they have elongated cases that can direct the mic pickup cone better towards your mouth and out of the amplifying dish that is your ear.

Got it. Thanks for the response. I suppose I'll purchase the 75T and Tronsmart and put them both through their paces.

Sep 29, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #26,051 of 62,439
The AKG N400 sound remarkably good. I wasn't a huge fan in the beginning due to fit issues, the included tips were just too small to properly seal my ear canal, so even noise cancelling was essentially useless. I ordered the TWS specific tips from Comply in large size and they made a massive difference. Now with proper sealing, NC and a minor bass boost via equalizer (personal preference) they've become my commute companions. The only annoying thing is the weird pair/unpair procedure that makes me waste quite some time every time I go from dap to smartphone. The usability of the app is also not great, and I wish controls were a bit more customizable, bur for sound quality they exceeded my expectations.
I love mine for the sound as well. Regard fit, I am using spin fits and they work well. The rest of the package is pretty meh but they do more right than wrong and overall sq is superb. Changing topics, I was perusing Best Buy's website last night waiting for my Bose to ship and noticed a dozen or more reviews on them. I preordered pretty quickly. Anyone know how/how there are reviews already? Has anyone received them yet? Bose was supposed to ship tomorrow and BB is showing 10/8. Are these like freebees? If so, where do I sign up?

Sep 29, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #26,052 of 62,439
Got it. Thanks for the response. I suppose I'll purchase the 75T and Tronsmart and put them both through their paces.
Jabra is a headset company, they probably have been around the longest among bluetooth earpiece makes so its hard to match their capacity for microphone design. So if you are looking for multipoint or if mic quality is paramount, I'd be surprised to see a better option. Airpod Pros are probably up there, again, Apple pouring research to optimize call quality as they are meant to go with a phone.

Sep 29, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #26,053 of 62,439
Jabra is a headset company, they probably have been around the longest among bluetooth earpiece makes so its hard to match their capacity for microphone design. So if you are looking for multipoint or if mic quality is paramount, I'd be surprised to see a better option. Airpod Pros are probably up there, again, Apple pouring research to optimize call quality as they are meant to go with a phone.
Sadly there really is no close second to the APP in call quality. The jabra 75t is probably it. I'm eager to hear your eval of the tronsmart apollo bold.

Sep 29, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #26,054 of 62,439
Sadly there really is no close second to the APP in call quality. The jabra 75t is probably it. I'm eager to hear your eval of the tronsmart apollo bold.
It's a shame (but also a testament to good engineering) that no TWS is even close to the APP in mic quality. I talk to co-workers who use it and they sound like they are right in my ear!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back