Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 28, 2020 at 4:07 AM Post #26,026 of 62,422
Hello all, i have finally decided to jump on the TWS ship, and i am looking for recommandations. Here's my criteria :

Mandatory :
- Should be available on Amazon Europe (i have a 25€ voucher haha)
- Less than 100€
- AptX and/or LDAC
- Neutral or Warm sound
- Easy volume and/or skip track control
- USB-C charging
- No AirPods-like TWS (i prefer a fully closed TWS, like the AirPods Pro or the Galaxy Buds)

Optional :
- ANC
- Wireless Charging

Thank you in advance :)

Sep 28, 2020 at 5:03 AM Post #26,027 of 62,422
Hello all, i have finally decided to jump on the TWS ship, and i am looking for recommandations. Here's my criteria :

Mandatory :
- Less than 100€
- AptX and/or LDAC
- Neutral or Warm sound
- USB-C charging
- No AirPods-like TWS (i prefer a fully closed TWS, like the AirPods Pro or the Galaxy Buds)

Optional :
- ANC
- Wireless Charging

Lypertek Tevi

Sep 28, 2020 at 5:36 AM Post #26,028 of 62,422

Mandatory :
- Less than 100€
- AptX and/or LDAC
- Neutral or Warm sound
- USB-C charging

Optional :
- ANC
- Wireless Charging

Tronsmart Apollo Bold

Sep 28, 2020 at 5:48 AM Post #26,029 of 62,422
Lypertek Tevi

I like them, i just fear that the case might be too big, thanks !

Tronsmart Apollo Bold

This was my first choice (i can get them for around 55€ with an Amazon France discount + my voucher) but based on the reviews i read they are too bassy, can you confirm ?

Another TWS i had in mind are the 1More Colorbuds and the Soundpeats Truengine 3SE, what do you all think about these one ?

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #26,030 of 62,422
I like them, i just fear that the case might be too big, thanks !

This was my first choice (i can get them for around 55€ with an Amazon France discount + my voucher) but based on the reviews i read they are too bassy, can you confirm ?

Another TWS i had in mind are the 1More Colorbuds and the Soundpeats Truengine 3SE, what do you all think about these one ?

as of right now, the Apollo is very bassy, but you can use it with EQ app like the Wavelet to cut down the bass. bassy as it does, the mids and trebles and overall driver capabilities are actually quite good.

if you're not in a hurry, you can wait for the apollo app to come out (which should be in days) and see if the users here like it.

other option for balanced sound that i can recommend is the Onyx Free.

Sep 28, 2020 at 7:12 AM Post #26,031 of 62,422
Sep 28, 2020 at 7:34 AM Post #26,032 of 62,422
My Apollo's are really starting to shine. If you're in a very noisy place, the boosted bass really enhances the sound quality (external noise tends to Rob you of bass imo). However I think the Tevi's (and the Mavin Air-X) are an excellent alternative and so sound more accurate than the Apollo's in my opinion.

Sep 28, 2020 at 8:49 AM Post #26,033 of 62,422
Don't look too bad for budget ANC and sounds like they are improving the sound some from earlier models.

...and latest comparing the 3SE and H1

As far as the H1 having more bass, I am not so sure the amount and quality won't improve with some hours on the dynamic and the difference in SQ between the two will increase some more.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #26,034 of 62,422
Does anyone else with the BT20S Pro get a really high pitched squeal in the background? I know I've heard of the earlier versions having a loud hissing noise but this is just a quiet EEEEEEEEEE. It's quiet enough I can only hear it between songs or if the song gets quiet, but it's annoying. I thought it was my new KZ ZAX at first, but they don't do it when wired to my PC or old Galaxy S6, or BT through my Fiio BTR20. My KZ ZSN have the same background squeal as well when used with the BT20S Pros as well. I thought maybe it was just the BT connection from my S20U but they do it over BT from my S6 as well. There's not much to adjust on these so I'm wondering if I didn't just get a dud...

Sep 28, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #26,035 of 62,422
Amazing, isn’t it? I really love my 75t, and when I read that I‘m getting a free ANC upgrade I was totally stunned. Really looking forward trying ANC combined with well sealing InAirs - should be an interesting concept.

The fact that the Jabra 75s are not true mono mode (left cannot be used singularly without right) is so disappointing to me. I would have seriously considered them with the ANC upgrade if it weren't for that.

Sep 28, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #26,036 of 62,422
https://www.xbykygo.com/eu/xellence
Skjermbilde 2020-09-28 195527.jpg1601315883403.png
1601315767107.png1601315789734.png

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #26,037 of 62,422
I received a pair of Jabra 75T Actives a few days back and have been really impressed. I bought these then found the 85Ts are out soon which is a slight disappointment.. Arguably however, I prefer the sound of my much loved Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro's but there is hardly anything in it and they both sound fantastic. The fit of the 75Ts is amazing though, and this makes them the winner for when I am out and about. They are to receive a ANC firmware update soon which will be interesting.

Whilst much the same as any other bluetooth earphone I have ever tried, I just wish I could crank the volume just a bit higher. That bit of headroom would make all the difference.

Sep 28, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #26,038 of 62,422
Finally had some time to test Haylou T16's outdoor (wind noise blocking) mode while cycling and it works amazing. Even with strong crosswinds and speeds up to 50km/h I didn't hear any wind noises. Since it's focusing for wind noise you can still hear the ongoing traffic. Amazing!

Sep 28, 2020 at 7:30 PM Post #26,039 of 62,422
I received a pair of Jabra 75T Actives a few days back and have been really impressed. I bought these then found the 85Ts are out soon which is a slight disappointment.. Arguably however, I prefer the sound of my much loved Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro's but there is hardly anything in it and they both sound fantastic. The fit of the 75Ts is amazing though, and this makes them the winner for when I am out and about. They are to receive a ANC firmware update soon which will be interesting.

Whilst much the same as any other bluetooth earphone I have ever tried, I just wish I could crank the volume just a bit higher. That bit of headroom would make all the difference.
You don't think the 75ts are loud? Just for shi!s and giggles I turned my 75t up all the way and could only handle it for a second or two. My ears still hurt a bit from that even. I'm a 47 year old man with fairly good hearing still.
To each their own, but that was really loud.

Sep 28, 2020 at 10:26 PM Post #26,040 of 62,422
Just an opinion on TWS in general, but has it ever occurred to anyone that TWS are mobile phone accessories, and a modern version of the Nokia earpiece during the 3310 era?

With the phone manufacturers coming up with their TWS products with proprietary system integrated features with their phones and tablets, it seems like in the end, TWS will just be separated to 3 types of players:

1. Phone manufacturers or tech giants (Apple, Samsung Sony, etc.)
2. Cheap Chinese brands (xiaomi, Sabbat, etc.)
3. Established sports earphone manufacturers (Jabra)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back