Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 25, 2020 at 12:45 AM Post #25,996 of 62,439
Ah dammit. I’ll look into these Levantree devices. I want as good of a fully wireless solution as possible. A high quality transmitter feeding high quality true wireless IEMs
I am using Levantree DG60 V.1 that outputs 24 bit / 48 kHz AptXHD from PC, which BTR5 receives. The latter is super light, clips to my shirt and with IEM cable also tucked in for me it is (almost) as portable and comfortable as a TWS, with the advantage you can use your favorite wired IEM and stream at 24 bit. PM me if you want more info since you are correct, strictly speaking this isn't a TWS solution and thus is off-topic.

Sep 25, 2020 at 1:17 AM Post #25,997 of 62,439
Does anyone know if the n400 supports aptX?

I think I will wait to see what the impressions are for the n10 pro and definitely pick between the two... probably

or maybe the Klipsh T5 II...

arrrggghhh... too many choices..l

I don’t think the n400 supports aptx. Sbc & aac only.

Sep 25, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #25,999 of 62,439
I pre-ordered the new Cleer Goal in black...
1601042736076.png

Saw the original price of $129 was dropped so they were $99.99 @B&H. Got enough sealed in-ear stuff and no worries about ambient footfall noise etc. In addition to the lower price they added some battery to the original spec. 6 hours still but now three full charges for 18 more in the case with 5 minute for 1 hour quick charge. They have aptX, IPX5 now up from IPX4 at CES announcement. Auto pause resume on both sides, 4 silicone skins S,M,L wings and no wing. Customizable touch controls and EQ etc. with use of the app. 13.4mm drivers. USB C but not wireless charging which is the only thing I feel is missing for a situational awareness sports bud. At the lower price I was okay with no wireless charging so it obviously didn't deter me from ordering. :)

Sep 25, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #26,001 of 62,439
Hi,
Apollo Bold APP will release next week! In the end of this month! We are testing now.
Great News, I'd like to mention a couple of things.

1. If it doesn't have Customizable EQ, a Firmware update tool and Button Customization, DON'T RELEASE IT UNTIL IT DOES. Presets, suck! For me the only mode I can currently use for audio is OFF.

2. It takes 3-4 seconds to cycle between modes, when you are around people and need to switch modes, it's MUCH quicker to take them out, then to have to wait for the voice prompt and the device to switch. There needs to be an option to turn off the voice prompts and speed up the Cycle, like on the Sony XM3's.

3. Something needs to be done about the touch sensors, maybe I have a bad pair, but I have to tap at the bottom half of the earbud to get it to recognize and unless they are deliberate, like almost forceful taps the don't always register.

Sep 25, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #26,002 of 62,439
I pre-ordered the new Cleer Goal in black...
1601042736076.png
Saw the original price of $129 was dropped so they were $99.99 @B&H. Got enough sealed in-ear stuff and no worries about ambient footfall noise etc. In addition to the lower price they added some battery to the original spec. 6 hours still but now three full charges for 18 more in the case with 5 minute for 1 hour quick charge. They have aptX, IPX5 now up from IPX4 at CES announcement. Auto pause resume on both sides, 4 silicone skins S,M,L wings and no wing. Customizable touch controls and EQ etc. with use of the app. 13.4mm drivers. USB C but not wireless charging which is the only thing I feel is missing for a situational awareness sports bud. At the lower price I was okay with no wireless charging so it obviously didn't deter me from ordering. :)

I can't seem to find any info about these, I see them at B&H, but there's no photo, info etc. Could you provide a link?

Sep 25, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #26,003 of 62,439
Sep 25, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #26,004 of 62,439
Sep 25, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #26,005 of 62,439
Yeah, missing support document / video on HOW TO GET THEM!

I have them coming in 3-5 business days. I contacted them via the online chat and asked for them and they are sending them out to me. It was a long slow conversation, but it went well. I've always kind of had issues with consistent fit, and maybe this will fix that. Or it could possibly make them seal better and bloat the bass even more. We'll see soon I guess.

Sep 26, 2020 at 2:06 AM Post #26,007 of 62,439
Great News, I'd like to mention a couple of things.

1. If it doesn't have Customizable EQ, a Firmware update tool and Button Customization, DON'T RELEASE IT UNTIL IT DOES. Presets, suck! For me the only mode I can currently use for audio is OFF.

2. It takes 3-4 seconds to cycle between modes, when you are around people and need to switch modes, it's MUCH quicker to take them out, then to have to wait for the voice prompt and the device to switch. There needs to be an option to turn off the voice prompts and speed up the Cycle, like on the Sony XM3's.

3. Something needs to be done about the touch sensors, maybe I have a bad pair, but I have to tap at the bottom half of the earbud to get it to recognize and unless they are deliberate, like almost forceful taps the don't always register.
It would be good if one could also 1) choose the default anc mode when you take it out of the case 2) disable one of the three cases so that you can cycle between two of your choice.

Sep 26, 2020 at 2:54 AM Post #26,008 of 62,439
Anyone else find this little hidden gem in iOS14? It’s very deep within settings>accessibility>AirPods> Headphone accommodations> Transparency mode. As if the transparency mode on the AirPods Pro wasn’t good enough, now you can boost them to a superhuman level, make them brighter or darker and pan L or R.
Thanks, nice find.
It didn't just help with transparency mode, but with the sound quality as well.
Try the "Custom Audio Setup". When getting to the Music section I use Version 2 in Comparison 1 and Version 1 for Comparison 2 and 3.
You get a little brighter sound with higher amount of details, clarity and definately a little more open/airy sound as well. (edit: You can get it even brighter with setting Version 2 on the other Comparisons too, but I found that to be too much)

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #26,009 of 62,439
Thanks, nice find.
It didn't just help with transparency mode, but with the sound quality as well.
Try the "Custom Audio Setup". When getting to the Music section I use Version 2 in Comparison 1 and Version 1 for Comparison 2 and 3.
You get a little brighter sound with higher amount of details, clarity and definitely a little more open/airy sound as well. (edit: You can get it even brighter with setting Version 2 on the other Comparisons too, but I found that to be too much)
I actually just set mine manually in the headphone audio. The custom audio setup is just a wizard that helps you determine which of the 3 settings and their volume levels you prefer, it's not a custom eq per say. You can adjust it in the Tune Audio For: section. I use the brightness setting on slight (normal volume). It's much better for me, but the dumb air pods still don't have any bass. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sep 26, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #26,010 of 62,439
I actually just set mine manually in the headphone audio. The custom audio setup is just a wizard that helps you determine which of the 3 settings and their volume levels you prefer, it's not a custom eq per say. You can adjust it in the Tune Audio For: section. I use the brightness setting on slight (normal volume). It's much better for me, but the dumb air pods still don't have any bass. :stuck_out_tongue:
I hear noticable difference by using the setting I described.
The Brightness setting is too bright for me.
Bass? I think they have plenty bass :thinking: (I use the large Comply tips)
Is the fit test green?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back