Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 24, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #25,981 of 62,439
Hopefully this "change prompt language" thing works for the T1XS... which I just ordered because of this.

I've been curious about the "Fiil sound" for a while now. Being able to get it at a relatively good price (around USD 40 with cashbacks and coupons etc) plus news that the prompt language can now be changed, I... well... caved 🤣

It'll be fun to see how it measures up to my meager stable of TWS Buds (the L2P and the Outlier Air).

Next thing to save up for? Either the N10s or the BT20 Pros (for my TRN V90s).

Now I'm wondering if I can hack a wireless charging coil into the T1XS charging case somehow.

Language change works on Fiil T1 XS

Sep 24, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #25,982 of 62,439
Ok guys what's the current best of the best in true wireless IEMs? I'm looking to get something for work use to run off a Lenovo P70 workstation laptop. This laptop only has a BT4.2 radio...so I can pickup an external BT transmitter as well if BT4.2 won't cut it for whatever reason. I'll be streaming Tidal Hifi from this laptop. I am a big Sony fan and the XM3 has been tempting for sure. What's the current TOTL, money no object true wireless system? (Note: I cannot bring Jabra products into my work as we do business with Jabra. So no Jabra!)

Sep 24, 2020 at 7:16 PM Post #25,983 of 62,439
Appreciate it, thanks! And yeah, the XB90ex are super bass heavy with very sparkly treble haha. I'd buy another pair except they're like 3x-4x in price now :/

Sounds like the Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro's would be comparable sound wise... unfortunately also out of your price range.

I haven't kept up with the cheaper TWS, hopefully someone else has some experience to share.

Ok guys what's the current best of the best in true wireless IEMs? I'm looking to get something for work use to run off a Lenovo P70 workstation laptop. This laptop only has a BT4.2 radio...so I can pickup an external BT transmitter as well if BT4.2 won't cut it for whatever reason. I'll be streaming Tidal Hifi from this laptop. I am a big Sony fan and the XM3 has been tempting for sure. What's the current TOTL, money no object true wireless system? (Note: I cannot bring Jabra products into my work as we do business with Jabra. So no Jabra!)

Got any sound signature preference? Any features you must have (ie: ANC/ambient/etc)?

Sennheiser MTW
AKG n400
Nuarl n10p (maybe?)
M&D mw07+

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #25,985 of 62,439
Haven’t been on in a while. @Tronsmart Official, where’s this app for the Apollo Bold? I’ve been checking several times each week on the iOS App Store in the app still only supports this spunky beats. I love the AB’s But the touch sensors only work half the time and they are SLOW changing modes. They desperately need some customizable controls and an EQ to balance them out.

Sep 24, 2020 at 8:53 PM Post #25,986 of 62,439
Anyone else find this little hidden gem in iOS14? It’s very deep within settings>accessibility>AirPods> Headphone accommodations> Transparency mode. As if the transparency mode on the AirPods Pro wasn’t good enough, now you can boost them to a superhuman level, make them brighter or darker and pan L or R.

Attachments

• D1C98E64-4250-4A21-BA10-CBAC21708E43.jpeg
    D1C98E64-4250-4A21-BA10-CBAC21708E43.jpeg
    771.6 KB · Views: 0
  • ACBA838C-1B83-4E43-AFE3-DC86FE5F6D4A.jpeg
    ACBA838C-1B83-4E43-AFE3-DC86FE5F6D4A.jpeg
    840.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 61FBA248-D1CE-43C6-AF52-8DB5823615A9.jpeg
    61FBA248-D1CE-43C6-AF52-8DB5823615A9.jpeg
    207.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 24, 2020 at 9:41 PM Post #25,987 of 62,439
So it seems that the Nuarl N10 Pro don't have an actual equalizer. So sad. Pretty much all I was looking forward to...
I've been told that the N6P are brighter than the Tevi (as bright as I can take) and it seems the N10P are even brighter... Sad

I guess it's the N400 for me now.

Sep 24, 2020 at 10:55 PM Post #25,989 of 62,439
Sounds like the Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro's would be comparable sound wise... unfortunately also out of your price range.

I haven't kept up with the cheaper TWS, hopefully someone else has some experience to share.

Got any sound signature preference? Any features you must have (ie: ANC/ambient/etc)?

Sennheiser MTW
AKG n400
Nuarl n10p (maybe?)
M&D mw07+
Fun and V shaped. Or balanced with good bass. ANC would be most useful, as I work in an environment where I need to talk to people often. One thing that sucks about my current handmedown Jlab Air TW IEMs is that I can’t control Tidal with the controls on the IEM. So it would be MOST useful to have a TW IEM that could control the laptop, at least play/pause.

Sep 24, 2020 at 11:18 PM Post #25,990 of 62,439
Fun and V shaped. Or balanced with good bass. ANC would be most useful, as I work in an environment where I need to talk to people often. One thing that sucks about my current handmedown Jlab Air TW IEMs is that I can’t control Tidal with the controls on the IEM. So it would be MOST useful to have a TW IEM that could control the laptop, at least play/pause.

MW07+ would be the fun v-shaped.
MTW2 is more balanced but seems to be missing some pinna gain.
N400 is very close to harman tuned.

All 3 have ANC, strength varies.

Did you perhaps mean ambient would be good for talking? Or did you mean you don't have to talk often,

All will be on SBC if your workstation uses windows, unless you get a dongle that supports AAC or APT-X. The BT5.0 should also give you a stronger connection.

Crinacle has graphs of all of them here:
https://crinacle.com/graphs/iems/graphtool/

Attachments

• graph (5).png
    graph (5).png
    305.6 KB · Views: 0
  • graph (6).png
    graph (6).png
    296.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 24, 2020 at 11:31 PM Post #25,991 of 62,439
Haven’t been on in a while. @Tronsmart Official, where’s this app for the Apollo Bold? I’ve been checking several times each week on the iOS App Store in the app still only supports this spunky beats. I love the AB’s But the touch sensors only work half the time and they are SLOW changing modes. They desperately need some customizable controls and an EQ to balance them out.
Hi,
Apollo Bold APP will release next week! In the end of this month! We are testing now.

Sep 24, 2020 at 11:47 PM Post #25,992 of 62,439
MW07+ would be the fun v-shaped.
MTW2 is more balanced but seems to be missing some pinna gain.
N400 is very close to harman tuned.

All 3 have ANC, strength varies.

Did you perhaps mean ambient would be good for talking? Or did you mean you don't have to talk often,

All will be on SBC if your workstation uses windows, unless you get a dongle that supports AAC or APT-X. The BT5.0 should also give you a stronger connection.

Crinacle has graphs of all of them here:
https://crinacle.com/graphs/iems/graphtool/
Yes I think ambient mode is what I need. That the mode that allows speaking voices to come through? Like selective noise cancelling?

Ive been researching the Fiio BTR5 tonight. It looks like the device I need. I can plug it into my laptop via USBC and it will act as a DAC and transmit a BT signal, right? I know you can also use it as a BT receiver, but that’s not the use I need from it. Will using the Fiio interfere with the IEMs ability to control Tidal with its function buttons?

Sep 25, 2020 at 12:05 AM Post #25,993 of 62,439
Yes I think ambient mode is what I need. That the mode that allows speaking voices to come through? Like selective noise cancelling?

Ive been researching the Fiio BTR5 tonight. It looks like the device I need. I can plug it into my laptop via USBC and it will act as a DAC and transmit a BT signal, right? I know you can also use it as a BT receiver, but that’s not the use I need from it. Will using the Fiio interfere with the IEMs ability to control Tidal with its function buttons?
The BTR5 is an excellent device, I enjoy mine greatly. However I don't think it transmits, rather it is a BT receiver you can plug your wired IEM's into it and use them with the BTR5's dac / amp. from a BT source (phone, PC etc...) This allow you to be at a distance from your phone or PC and of course works even when the BTR5 is not plugged in to either.

To transmit BT either your source's built in or USP dongle transmitters by Levantree, others may solve fulfill your use case.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2020 at 12:20 AM Post #25,994 of 62,439
The BTR5 is an excellent device, I enjoy mine greatly. However I don't think it transmits, rather it is a BT receiver you can plug your wired IEM's into it and use them with the BTR5's dac / amp. from a BT source (phone, PC etc...) This allow you to be at a distance from your phone or PC and of course works even when the BTR5 is not plugged in to either.

To transmit BT either your source's built in or USP dongle transmitters by Levantree, others may solve fulfill your use case.
Ah dammit. I’ll look into these Levantree devices. I want as good of a fully wireless solution as possible. A high quality transmitter feeding high quality true wireless IEMs

Sep 25, 2020 at 12:43 AM Post #25,995 of 62,439
Does anyone know if the n400 supports aptX?

I think I will wait to see what the impressions are for the n10 pro and definitely pick between the two... probably

or maybe the Klipsh T5 II...

arrrggghhh... too many choices..l

Users who are viewing this thread

Back