Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 23, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #25,954 of 62,596
I'm going to get one, but it just really sucks the CAD to USD ex. Rate sucks. Gotta pay $2600-$2700 because of it. That's really dipping into my IEM budget.
Yeah, at least for me, after trade in and the Samsung 50% buyback guaranty, it only ends up costing me like $650 for 20 months of use. Not sure whether Canada got those deals.

Sep 23, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #25,955 of 62,596
"The Elite 75t and Elite Active 75t will also have ANC, thanks to a free over-the-air (OTA) update in October. This is made possible by Jabra's engineering on Qualcomm's chipset, which allows ANC to be enabled on existing true wireless earbuds."

Wow, that's a nice gesture and a first ! Besides the 75t are "closed" not "semi-open" like the new 85t so that should make for better overall isolation.
hmm, I felt like the 65t was "semi-open" for my ears due to the poor seal!

Makes you wonder how many TWS out there are capable of ANC and/or ambient sound but just don't use them. Samsung Galaxy Buds+ might but they'd want people to buy the Buds Live for that...

Again it seems they are using a Qualcomm chipset but not AptX. Wouldn't be surprised if it still only supports mono mode on the right earbud. Jabra and their weird ways...

Sep 23, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #25,956 of 62,596
Hi everyone,
First time poster here but have been browsing for a while.

I just picked up a pair of the Sennheiser Wireless Momentum 2 but I’m a bit underwhelmed with them. The sound quality is good, but perhaps not “excellent”? Also the max volume is definitely on the low side for me and is an issue quite a few others report.

I usually do a bit more research before buying but this was a rather quick buy after reading some reviews.

I listen to a variety of music but 60% of the time hip hop & electronic.

Any recommendations for better wireless earbuds with ANC? I find the transparent mode on the ANC models very useful since with regular noise isolating earbuds I must remove them too often in situations. I would like to keep it under $500 but if there’s something really exceptional I could go higher maybe ~$1000. Of course if the difference between a $300 set and $1000 set is minuscule for a non audiophile, I’d rather save the money.

I would prefer true wireless but am open if something else is really worth it. I have also seen others but separate Bluetooth transmitters and earbuds but as far as I’ve seen there would be no ANC but maybe I’m wrong and got a bit overwhelmed with info.

Sorry for the long post but I’d really appreciate your guys expertise. I posted this in the “newbie” section and a senior member advised me to post here. :beerchug:
Just came across your post , I'll just add my 2 cents....if max volume on your mtw2 is an issue for you don't even consider the Sony xm3 and the master and dynamic mw07...i ve tried all 3 and was so dissapointed with their max vol....if you want something that sounds good and can get pretty loud as well try the tevis

Sep 23, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #25,957 of 62,596
Just came across your post , I'll just add my 2 cents....if max volume on your mtw2 is an issue for you don't even consider the Sony xm3 and the master and dynamic mw07...i ve tried all 3 and was so dissapointed with their max vol....if you want something that sounds good and can get pretty loud as well try the tevis

I wonder how much this varies phone to phone, or with settings like "absolute volume". On my Pixel 4a, and was the same with the 3a, I listen to every true wireless buds in the 28 to 40% range for music recorded at a normal volume, and go up to maybe 50% on stuff that is mastered a but quieter than normal. I have the Tevi's, Galaxy Buds Live, and the WF1000xm3 and they all are plenty loud by 40% volume. I keep "Bluetooth absolute volume" enabled, meaning there is no separate volume control for the phone and the buds.

Sep 23, 2020 at 8:44 PM Post #25,958 of 62,596
So I switched the eartips of the TaoTronics 94 to Galaxy Buds+ eartips. They have a deeper fit and seem to bring out the mids more when using ANC, but something weird happens when commuting using ANC. I get sudden spikes in volume which might be connected to how the ANC microphones are placed in my ear.

Also, after not using Galaxy Buds+ for a week or so, I noticed that one earbud was completely depleted of battery and would not connect, yet the earbuds still show a green light when mounted in the case. I had to wiggle them in the case to make them show a red light. Finally they started charging but were VERY slow suggesting the battery was heavily depleted.
I've been using the GBuds+ tips on my Tranya B530s and they sound so much better on them than they do the Gbuds+! lol

Sep 23, 2020 at 9:15 PM Post #25,959 of 62,596
"The Elite 75t and Elite Active 75t will also have ANC, thanks to a free over-the-air (OTA) update in October. This is made possible by Jabra's engineering on Qualcomm's chipset, which allows ANC to be enabled on existing true wireless earbuds."

Wow, that's a nice gesture and a first ! Besides the 75t are "closed" not "semi-open" like the new 85t so that should make for better overall isolation.
How on earth can they do that. Does that mean it already has ANC hardware and now they are enabling it? They are saying it has Qualcomm chipset but Elite 75t does not support Aptx.

Anyway I am thrilled with the news as I have Elite 75t.

Sep 23, 2020 at 9:16 PM Post #25,960 of 62,596
How on earth can they do that. Does that mean it already has ANC hardware and now they are enabling it? They are saying it has Qualcomm chipset but Elite 75t does not support Aptx.

Anyway I am thrilled with the news as I have Elite 75t.

They've got to just be using the microphones for calls as ANC microphones.

Sep 23, 2020 at 9:52 PM Post #25,961 of 62,596
They've got to just be using the microphones for calls as ANC microphones.

Definitely so IMO. Even other anc sets use them.

The nicer ones have inner and outer mics for feed forward and feed backward noise cancellation. Some have 6 mics, 4 outer and 2 inner. The 4 outer are usually for cvc filtering to filter out ambient noise from your voice on calls.

If the 75t doesn't have inner mics then probably only feed forward ANC. Sure it won't be as good as say the XM3'S but at least they're giving you ANC. :)

Sep 23, 2020 at 10:02 PM Post #25,962 of 62,596
Just received Haylou T16. Sound is really detailed, one of the most detailed tws I've ever heard. Too much detail makes you feel like it's a little bit thin sounding but it isn't really. Fit is really good with spinfit tips.

ANC seems to work really good but I didn't really test it outdoors. It easily blocks talking voice tho.
Transparent mode works really well. You can clearly hear yourself and others talking. It makes a hissing noise on low volumes but not audible after medium to max.
I didn't notice any latency while watching youtube.

I'll go for a bike ride to test outdoor mode which says it can block wind noise.

Only problem is when I try to connect it to my desktop PC it causes a BSOD. I don't know why but I'll try with a bluetooth 5.0 adapter. I'm currently using a 4.0 adapter.

Sep 24, 2020 at 12:07 AM Post #25,963 of 62,596
I've been using the Tronsmart onyx free for this couple of days, now i can say I'm really satisfied purchasing it. the sound really clicks for my preference: really balanced, with nice snap on the kick without boomy tails on the bass, clear mids without being in my face, and nice clear treble without overly sparkly.

I'm using a short generic foam tips for TWS on it, and i like that it doesn't amplify the sound of the jaw and mouth while eating, and the thump from walking and running, while still there, also not covering up the music sound.

if only the future update of the Apollo Bold App can get me to tune down the bass to this (Onyx Free) level, it would be a complete and killer TWS for sure

Sep 24, 2020 at 1:15 AM Post #25,964 of 62,596
For those that are looking further ahead, the Bluetooth LC3 audio codec specification is published (scroll down towards the end) at:

https://www.bluetooth.com/learn-about-bluetooth/bluetooth-technology/le-audio/#lc3

This page now also has a comparison tool that allows you to compare SBC and LC3.

According to an interview at: https://www.bluetooth.com/blog/lc3-will-have-big-impact-on-the-next-generation-of-audio/ "I see a lot of companies currently getting LC3 implementations ready for the market. I’m definitely looking forward to buying my first LE Audio high-quality headphone with LC3 support. I hope I can do so next year."

You should note that LC3 is one part of LE Audio which contains rather more than just a new codec.

can't wait. should be right on time for the big names to refresh their "flagships"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back