Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 22, 2020 at 4:49 AM Post #25,906 of 62,439
I hope they fixed the battery life and connectivity issues of the previous KZ wireless stuff.

Hope so too. my KZ Z1 lasts a whopping 40mins before powering off now (it's only 1 side that's draining that fast though, the other side can probably go on for a short while) this is after about 4 months of use and down from the initial 2hrs of battery life. lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sep 22, 2020 at 4:55 AM Post #25,907 of 62,439
more KZ TWS.

119872105_1030568104040962_1073374040339206856_n.jpg120013872_1030568084040964_4550539927845246093_n.jpg
I hope they fixed the battery life and connectivity issues of the previous KZ wireless stuff.

Ditto, they need to fix batt life and connection prob, and hissing issue too. My KZ Z1 sounded great after mod and EQ, so i dont mind EQing with TWS or BT stuff since they are not using my DAP quality source.

Guys, wonder what "restart" meaning on the shell. A new start for KZ with solved problems? or re-start to milking us with new products every months after a bit quite during this early 2020? lol

Sep 22, 2020 at 6:00 AM Post #25,908 of 62,439
Just curious, has anyone had experience with Tranya providing testing models for free? Looks like they are offering the T10 as a free review pair, but they want me to buy it first and then they say they'll refund me. Is it likely that that's trustworthy?

Sep 22, 2020 at 6:42 AM Post #25,909 of 62,439
Hi guys , woule love some guidance. I have some wireless headphones and now looking to add some wireless IEMs.
I dont want to spend a lot of cash say £100 to £200 as they wont get a lot of use. I was just going to opt for a second hand Sony XM3 but I have been looking at this thread to get some other options, but this thread is long :relaxed: :relaxed: :relaxed:
They will be used with my IPhone XR for outdoor use.
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated

Without giving too many pointers as to what your preferences are ... the tronsmart Apollo at 80 or so GBP are rather similar to the XM3 imho, with the bass a bit more boomy, and ANC maybe even a tad better .. there's also an app supposed to come out soon.
The tronsmart spunky buds at 20-ish are a general go-to / cant go wrong recommendation of mine.
In the higher price segment, recently I find myself really enjoying the Galaxy Buds Live (or GBeans), even though I am usually a total apple fan boy.
Oh, thinking of ANC, I keep forgetting the Panasonic RZ500 which are pretty awesome in sound and ANC

for more ideas head over to scarbir.com for good leaderboards / comparisons

Sep 22, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #25,910 of 62,439
more KZ TWS.

Their TWS naming is getting silly!
(case in point, after rereading the battery complaints of the Z1 I wanted to give them a listen again and utterly confused them with the T1 ;D )
and ... maybe there are some more interesting specs coming, but so far I don't see anything that is 'new' or interesting ... why even bother mentioning passive / physical noise reduction?

Pass

(and yes ... 'restart' ??? )

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2020 at 7:20 AM Post #25,911 of 62,439
Just curious, has anyone had experience with Tranya providing testing models for free? Looks like they are offering the T10 as a free review pair, but they want me to buy it first and then they say they'll refund me. Is it likely that that's trustworthy?
I have done that program before, and others have also reported doing it. I think they want you to show up as a verified purchase on Amazon,which is the reason for the process.

Sep 22, 2020 at 7:39 AM Post #25,912 of 62,439
@assassin10000 so i tested the Onyx free with Spotify and Netflix marathon, it lasted for 4:50 hours before it shuts down. not the best, but not the worst either. it might be able to be pushed a little longer in AAC

Sep 22, 2020 at 7:55 AM Post #25,913 of 62,439
Well, I did receive the apollo bold from the contest. Last 2 years used jabra 65t for hikes (with ambient on) only for multipoint and waterproofing, not the sound...

Used the bold for 2 hours with ambient on, and much better sound and airy. But then ive never really liked the 65t the longer ive used them. 1.png

Sep 22, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #25,915 of 62,439
Hope so too. my KZ Z1 lasts a whopping 40mins before powering off now (it's only 1 side that's draining that fast though, the other side can probably go on for a short while) this is after about 4 months of use and down from the initial 2hrs of battery life. lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
My pair of KZ S2's sound great and run for 3.5-4 hours depending on the volume and material. I've found the BT problem is with signal rejection from other BT devices near the KZ S2's. If I turn off my BT on the S20 Ultra and Active 2 watch I don't get any more BT drop out's from the KZ S2's unless I am near another BT source. Fortunately my keyboard / trackpad are dedicated wireless - dongle not on BT frequencies - so they don't interfere with the KZ S2's.

Since receiving a pair of the Tranya T10's my KZ S2's are sitting idle... and I am hopeful the new Tranya M10's are even better...

I do hope the new KZ SA08 and KZ SKS are an improvement in every respect from the KZ S2's - KZ sure is taking a long iterative approach to improvements :)

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #25,916 of 62,439
Wait, i got deceived by KZ wording. The SA08 will be 4 driver per side right? I thought its a 8 BA perside then i realize that KZ always use total BA left + right unit for marketing purpose.

Sep 22, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #25,917 of 62,439

"The Elite 75t and Elite Active 75t will also have ANC, thanks to a free over-the-air (OTA) update in October. This is made possible by Jabra's engineering on Qualcomm's chipset, which allows ANC to be enabled on existing true wireless earbuds."

Wow, that's a nice gesture and a first ! Besides the 75t are "closed" not "semi-open" like the new 85t so that should make for better overall isolation.

Sep 22, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #25,918 of 62,439
I picked up a pair of Jabra Elite 65T refurbs for next to nothing a couple of weeks ago. I am really enjoying the sound after messing with the EQ in the Jabra app a bit. I haven't been running with them yet but I plan to after I figure out what foam tips will fit. I find that foam tips on almost any IEM eliminate most or all of the runner's thud.

Sep 22, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #25,919 of 62,439
"The Elite 75t and Elite Active 75t will also have ANC, thanks to a free over-the-air (OTA) update in October. This is made possible by Jabra's engineering on Qualcomm's chipset, which allows ANC to be enabled on existing true wireless earbuds."

Wow, that's a nice gesture and a first ! Besides the 75t are "closed" not "semi-open" like the new 85t so that should make for better overall isolation.
Agreed. That's really cool of Jabra to provide that to existing customers rather than trying to force upgrades. Well done. Although semi-open actually sounds pretty good to me as I've grown to prefer it over the plugged ear feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back