Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 21, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #25,891 of 62,592
Almost had that burning feeling and the N10 Pro was $220 shipped. Just held off. My JVC does fine and my Philips headphones I really like. What I really need is an open model more than anything and not another sealed in ear so I held off on the Nuarl. Though the Nuarl would be the choice over the CX400 BT giving quite a bit more for not much more money. They seem to sound the same out of the box - big stage and a more toward flat sound with detail.

Mind telling me where you saw the N10 Pro?
Trying to find them in Canada and couldn't.

Still waiting on my Edifier TWSNB2 to arrive. Been 2 weeks and still not didn't arrive to the customs. On top of it, I broke my job TWS today and it was my only one. :triportsad:

Sep 21, 2020 at 8:28 PM Post #25,892 of 62,592
Mind letting us know the actual battery life?

I was disappointed in the Spunky Beats only lasting me around 3hrs instead of 6-7 claimed.

Granted I don't have a phone that currently does TWS+, even though it's SoC is capable of it (Damn you Google!).

TWS+ with my Lypertek Tevi and the OnePlus 7T I had was extremely buggy. Probably why Google has chosen to leave it out. Either that or it was just an issue with the Tevi themselves, but I'm not so sure.

Sep 21, 2020 at 8:29 PM Post #25,893 of 62,592
Mind telling me where you saw the N10 Pro?
Trying to find them in Canada and couldn't.

Still waiting on my Edifier TWSNB2 to arrive. Been 2 weeks and still not didn't arrive to the customs. On top of it, I broke my job TWS today and it was my only one. :triportsad:

Amazon Japan. Just like regular Amazon. Even had points to use and they had a 10% off so it would have been $220 for me with Global Priority shipping.
1600734454355.png

Sep 21, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #25,894 of 62,592
Amazon Japan. Just like regular Amazon. Even had points to use and they had a 10% off so it would have been $220 for me with Global Priority shipping.
1600734454355.png
Thanks.

When I saw 27k yen being 345$ cad, I didn't realize it'd be close to your 220 with the 10% discount.

Sep 21, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #25,895 of 62,592
Thanks.

When I saw 27k yen being 345$ cad, I didn't realize it'd be close to your 220 with the 10% discount.

Yep, It actually is 24,500 Yen when I go to checkout and 2,450 yen off for the 10% making them22,050Y. Then it takes my points even though it says exempt in the screen cap. So it is cheaper but then the shipping is 1,368Yen. So, it was about $220 US for me. Though I haven't pulled the trigger. Price isn't bad. Same with my JVC which will be $149 here but was $129 even though just released there. Had them for some time now and they still aren't released in the US. Damn...
1600735785218.png

Middle of June. Hopefully The Nuarl show up in North America before 3 months go by. :)

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #25,896 of 62,592
Yep, It actually is 24,500 Yen when I go to checkout and 2,450 yen off for the 10% making them22,050Y. Then it takes my points even though it says exempt in the screen cap. So it is cheaper but then the shipping is 1,368Yen. So, it was about $220 US for me. Though I haven't pulled the trigger. Price isn't bad. Same with my JVC which will be $149 here but was $129 even though just released there. Had them for some time now and they still aren't released in the US.
I'm wondering if I should pull the trigger as well. Got weird ear shape/small canals and only coming back at IEM/TWS to try and find something that fits. At 300ish cad$ to test and pretty much no way to return them without losing big, I'll wait to find them locally or at least in the country.

Sep 21, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #25,897 of 62,592
Seems like with duties, it ends up at 26 836 yen
Hum.
1600736529527.png

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #25,898 of 62,592
@Caipirina @chinmie
Whenever I read a review on whether a TWS is good for phone calls, I don’t pay attention. I mean in 2020, who uses a phone to talk, verbalize, nowadays? Ha Ha
If you really want to talk to me when I’m listening to music, I’ll call you when I’m finished with my music enjoyment thank you very much.
Oddly enough, I only use my Sony XM3's for calls. I hate their sound for music but they seem to be excellent for phone calls. The idiots I work with like to talk on the phone instead of getting work done

Sep 21, 2020 at 9:46 PM Post #25,899 of 62,592
i think I am still good for a 1 year trial, from buying a new iPhone last year ... but I don't want to use the bandwidth to watch HD shows / movies on my phone .. there are places where I can find tiny, but great quality x265 versions of shows in small file sizes :D
I have the T Mobile unlimited plan which is great for watching high quality video. I only remember one time getting a little note from them when I used 60 GB in one month :) saying they might slow my data down for quality of service for other uses or something. They never did though

Sep 21, 2020 at 9:48 PM Post #25,900 of 62,592
Preordered here. Bday gift from my wife. I don't need them, but I want them. :)
Yeah I ordered a pair too. I still have a pair of Quiet Comfort 15's floating around my house and the gf has the 35's. Not sure how they'll sound to me now that I have Audeze cans and JH Lola's but I always found Bose's noise cancelling to be great

Sep 21, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #25,901 of 62,592
My Nuarl N10 Pro arrived few days ago. was surprised my local dealer in Australia stocked them on Jap release date. got it the next day matching the YEN retail price. Not sure if other dealers have them in stock but you can find the Aus dealer link on the Nuarl dealer list.

Didn't have much time to listen to them. but my initial impressions are it has much larger sound stage than the N6 Pro. One of the widest sound stage TWE i've listened to. The sound stage expands about 5cm-7cm outside your ear. the N6 Pro sound stage is around the base of your ear.

The sound presentation is more cold analytical. Compared to the N6 Pro it sounds colder brighter. N6 Pro has a warmer forward vocal presentation while the N10 Pro has more detail and the vocal doesn't seem to be forward like the N6 Pro. with the wide sound stage the separation and positioning of the instruments are fantastic.

I had issues with the eartips. while i usually use the spiral dot on most of my buds but it seems to leak sound on the N10 Pro. Had to use the foam tip that came with it to have a proper seal and boost up the bass. If you look at the earpiece design below the earbud stem is shorter than the N6 and the Sony so it doesn't reach deeper inside your ear. If i press the earbuds into my ear i feel there is a significant bass increase. with the stock foam tips the bass is about the same as the N6 Pro. might try some longer foam tips for a extra boost. The sound quality definitely is better than the N6 Pro...unless you prefer warmer vocals.

The size is to the larger side. the charger case is much longer too. the buds are about the same length as the N6 but its much thicker so it will stick out. its still smaller than the sony though.

Haven't played with the App or tested the ANC yet.
I'm so jealous, sounds like they're better than the N6P eh? (which are my favorite TWS) Can't wait till I can order them in USA

*edit* Looks like the US version of the website is up. that's gotta be a good sign that they'll be available soon right? https://www.nuarl.com/en/n10pro/

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2020 at 1:54 AM Post #25,902 of 62,592
I have the T Mobile unlimited plan which is great for watching high quality video. I only remember one time getting a little note from them when I used 60 GB in one month :) saying they might slow my data down for quality of service for other uses or something. They never did though
Where I live there are no unlimited plans ... towards the end of the month we are always fighting who wasted the most data in our house (usually kiddo on YT, though he says he already tuned it down to lowest resolution)

Sep 22, 2020 at 4:43 AM Post #25,903 of 62,592
Hi guys , woule love some guidance. I have some wireless headphones and now looking to add some wireless IEMs.
I dont want to spend a lot of cash say £100 to £200 as they wont get a lot of use. I was just going to opt for a second hand Sony XM3 but I have been looking at this thread to get some other options, but this thread is long :relaxed: :relaxed: :relaxed:
They will be used with my IPhone XR for outdoor use.
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated

Sep 22, 2020 at 4:45 AM Post #25,905 of 62,592

Users who are viewing this thread

Back