Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 1, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #25,396 of 63,227
Is switching TWS from i.e. phone to another device (computer) getting more tricky? In 2 cases now I had to google it, as it was not intuitive and 'pairing mode' was not really easily to be found ...

For the GBeans I have to thank Cnet for this very easy trick which works like a charm:
If you've already connected the Buds Live to your phone but want to connect them to a computer, tablet or another phone, the quick trick of opening the charging case won't work. Instead, you'll need to put both earbuds in your ears, then long-press on both of them until you hear a radar-like sound, indicating they are in pairing mode. Then follow the standard pairing process based on the device you're using.

For the Panasonic RZ S500W it's a different story though ... I found this on Soundguys ... and like them I am having no luck with the 7 second rule:
According to the paperwork, pairing a different device later on requires you to remove the earbuds and tap and hold the left or right touch panel for seven seconds. At this point, the LEDs will alternate between red and blue. When connections are separately formed with multiple devices, the headset will attempt to reconnect to the last-used device when removed from the case. Unfortunately, I was unable to do this, and had to perform a hard reset when I wanted to pair a new device with the Panasonic RZ-S500W.

Sooooo ... has anyone figure out how to connect their Pana500 to Mac and back to phone easily?

(EDIT: OK, responding to myself) found this on HeadphoneCheck and this seems to be working ... a few more steps than Soundguys described .. so, NOT really easy and apparently NOT possible without the case ..

If you want to connect the already paired in-ears to another device (multipoint is not supported), you first have to disconnect the original player and then press one of the two touch surfaces for seven seconds within three seconds after removing it from the case. These in-ears remember the last ten devices that they have already been paired with, so if an eleventh device is added, the oldest connection is deleted.
Have to agree the Pana500 has one of the more complicated ways of pairing with multiple devices.

I've just done a little test on a few of my other earbuds including the L2P, Tranya's, Taotronic SoundLiberty 94 and Bomake Sifi II and all of them go into pairing mode automatically either by turning off the bluetooth on the paired device or doing a disconnect - if only all earbuds followed the same standard.

Sep 1, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #25,397 of 63,227
Hello, everyone.
I was looking into some silicone eartip replacements after hearing good words about them (SpinFit, Comply, etc.) but I currently don't have a good idea what I should be looking for since it's not easy to know what fits my ears the best.
Does anyone know if there exists some kind of a package/bundle that includes eartips with different numbers of flanges and sizes so it's possible to play around with them? Colour isn't very important and I'm not sure if maybe foam eartips would be a good option as well (I heard that they don't like water so not recommended for exercising). I ask this because shipping is usually pretty costly and time-consuming here and I don't want to bother purchasing items one after another.
I would love to hear your experiences! Any word on this is welcome. Something like @phaeton70 just posted.

Symbio ear tips have the best of inner foams and a thin silicone exterior

Sep 1, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #25,398 of 63,227
Hello, everyone.
I was looking into some silicone eartip replacements after hearing good words about them (SpinFit, Comply, etc.) but I currently don't have a good idea what I should be looking for since it's not easy to know what fits my ears the best.
Does anyone know if there exists some kind of a package/bundle that includes eartips with different numbers of flanges and sizes so it's possible to play around with them? Colour isn't very important and I'm not sure if maybe foam eartips would be a good option as well (I heard that they don't like water so not recommended for exercising). I ask this because shipping is usually pretty costly and time-consuming here and I don't want to bother purchasing items one after another.
I would love to hear your experiences! Any word on this is welcome. Something like @phaeton70 just posted.

Got any current IEMs with tips? If so measure the ones that fits you to get a good starting point for sizing.

Best to look for info here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/best-iem-tips.626895/

Sep 1, 2020 at 8:38 PM Post #25,399 of 63,227
Trying to finally get some IEM that fits my ear and decided to give a go to a few so I can compare what's on the market.
Seen a few on Aliexpress, but I won't be getting 6 pairs and need to lower the amount of choice :wink: I also wanted to test 1-2 higher end "known" brand, maybe the Klipsch?

20 Decebels - DualRad ANC TWS
Edifier - TWSNB2
Picun - JS6
Mpow - X3
Tronsmart - Apollo bold
Ankers - Soundcore liberty 2 pro removed from list due to hissing common issue

Which 2 of the list would you recommend trying ?

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2020 at 10:15 PM Post #25,400 of 63,227
Trying to finally get some IEM that fits my ear and decided to give a go to a few so I can compare what's on the market.
Seen a few on Aliexpress, but I won't be getting 6 pairs and need to lower the amount of choice :wink: I also wanted to test 1-2 higher end "known" brand, maybe the Klipsch?

Edifier - TWSNB2
Picun - JS6
Mpow - X3
Tronsmart - Apollo bold

:ksc75smile: :ksc75smile::ksc75smile: Apollo Bold is here!

Sep 1, 2020 at 11:16 PM Post #25,401 of 63,227
Yes it's pretty annoying with all the ones I've tried (need to connect to PC and phone for work). Multi-connect is pretty bad on all of them which is odd because the Jaybird X3 and X4 do it flawlessly. GBuds+ will kick you off the current device if you try to connect with another paired device (it's been a while since i sent them back so might be wrong there).

I just paired my Galaxy Buds Live with a second phone (paired to V60 amd S9) to test this out and can confirm the Galaxy Buds Live behave the same way (if you connect from a second phone while already connected to a first phone, it will disconnect from the first phone automatically so you dont have to manually disconnect from the first device before connecting to the second. Worked with my LG and Samsung, which is really convenient. Wish every bluetooth device worked this way.

Sep 2, 2020 at 1:05 AM Post #25,403 of 63,227
I just paired my Galaxy Buds Live with a second phone (paired to V60 amd S9) to test this out and can confirm the Galaxy Buds Live behave the same way (if you connect from a second phone while already connected to a first phone, it will disconnect from the first phone automatically so you dont have to manually disconnect from the first device before connecting to the second. Worked with my LG and Samsung, which is really convenient. Wish every bluetooth device worked this way.
It's convenient if you don't happen to be using the earbuds (I have the Buds+), but when I power on my Windows 10 laptop, it automatically disconnects with my phone and to my laptop. Not sure if it does this between phones when you turn Bluetooth on, but I read that there's nothing that can be done about this on Windows 10. Fortunately Samsung added the option to turn off seamless connection in a firmware update. I'd much rather they had real multipoint than something like this.

Sep 2, 2020 at 2:32 AM Post #25,404 of 63,227
It's convenient if you don't happen to be using the earbuds (I have the Buds+), but when I power on my Windows 10 laptop, it automatically disconnects with my phone and to my laptop. Not sure if it does this between phones when you turn Bluetooth on, but I read that there's nothing that can be done about this on Windows 10. Fortunately Samsung added the option to turn off seamless connection in a firmware update. I'd much rather they had real multipoint than something like this.

My phones did not do that. I use a Shure BT2 cable, which has multipoint, for my Surface (mostly so I wont miss calls while working) but I find multipoint can also be annoying when I dont want to be interrupted (in such cases I would use something else). For my desktop, I dont pair anything directly in Windows and pair my bluetooth headphones/receiver to a Nad D3045 and a Node 2i since they both have aptX HD (and neither automatically connects and you have to manually select the headphones you want to use). For devices like you describe, I try to use a dedicated headphone because of that issue and purposely kept my Galaxy Buds Live paired to only my Galaxy S9 (and not my V60) until I saw these posts today because I was afraid of that. In my case, it is super convenient because now I can enjoy my Galaxy Buds Live with whichever phone I want. It is interesting that we all have different preferences and use cases.

Sep 2, 2020 at 3:21 AM Post #25,405 of 63,227
My phones did not do that. I use a Shure BT2 cable, which has multipoint, for my Surface (mostly so I wont miss calls while working) but I find multipoint can also be annoying when I dont want to be interrupted (in such cases I would use something else). For my desktop, I dont pair anything directly in Windows and pair my bluetooth headphones/receiver to a Nad D3045 and a Node 2i since they both have aptX HD (and neither automatically connects and you have to manually select the headphones you want to use). For devices like you describe, I try to use a dedicated headphone because of that issue and purposely kept my Galaxy Buds Live paired to only my Galaxy S9 (and not my V60) until I saw these posts today because I was afraid of that. In my case, it is super convenient because now I can enjoy my Galaxy Buds Live with whichever phone I want. It is interesting that we all have different preferences and use cases.
I agree multipoint has its issues, but I can't see how these can't be addressed. I'm just surprised that at this day and age, almost nobody except Jabra has pushed for multipoint. I use a Dyplay headphone and usually don't get interruptions but there are occasions where the second device triggers interference of the device currently playing audio (for example, auto-play videos while browsing on my phone when listening to music through my laptop). Using the Note 9's S-Pen can also cause the same thing to happen.

Sep 2, 2020 at 3:31 AM Post #25,406 of 63,227
got my technics eah-az70w weeks ago but been busy. I'd say they're not as big as I thought they'll be. I like the balance sound an seamless connection. not bassy but is there when needed. imaging is really good and very obvious when watching movies. vocals sound rich, natural and clear. the sennheiser mtw is bigger and hurts after an hour or so. the technics are comfortable and light

edit.jpg

Sep 2, 2020 at 4:50 AM Post #25,407 of 63,227
Hi!!!
Finally, I sent back my Sonys XM3 and I have received the Galaxy Buds Plus, they sound good for me and the fit is fine. I have been researching about compatible tips that would improve the default ones (better if they were foam), but I only find that there are a complys that are compatible, quite expensive and people comment that they are broken in less than two weeks...

Do you have any suggestions?. I have some Inair, quite good, but the case doesn't close, and is impossible to charge them.

Thanks in advance!!!

Sep 2, 2020 at 5:57 AM Post #25,408 of 63,227
@DB10 I used de-cored APP foam tips and T400 foam tips cut shorter (about 6-7mm) on my Buds+.

De-cored APP foam tips:
IMG_20200519_152020.jpg

There is also ikko i-Planet or misodiko TWS-PRO. Which are similarly designed foam tips meant for TWS. Slight differences in sizing. Small ikko are 11.5mm and small tws-pro are 12.0mm when I measured them.

ikko i-planet
PhotoGrid_1579135103532.jpg

TWS-Pro style tips:
IMG_20200319_123701.jpg

Sep 2, 2020 at 6:48 AM Post #25,409 of 63,227

Edifier - TWSNB2
Picun - JS6
Mpow - X3
Tronsmart - Apollo bold

Avoid 20 decebel. Soooo weird

Sep 2, 2020 at 7:50 AM Post #25,410 of 63,227

Users who are viewing this thread

Back