Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 27, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #25,291 of 62,439

CX-series, it's gotta be.

On the flipside, I'm still angry with Senn for never having introduced a proper Bluetooth version of the PX100s (I still have a few of these workhorses). Like, just put a hump on the top for battery and electronics and you'd be done with it methinks.

Aug 27, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #25,294 of 62,439

CX 400BT True Wireless MOMENTUM True Wireless 2

Color variantsBlack & WhiteBlack & White
Battery life7h + 13h (earbud + charging case)7h + 21h (earbud + charging case)
Customizable controls
Call function
Active Noise Cancellation
Voice assistant access
Internal EQ / Custom presets
Transparent hearing
Smart pause
Splash Resistant (IPX4)

Yepp... No IP rating, No Ambient Mode, no ANC, worse battery and prob not the same driver?

Aug 27, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #25,296 of 62,439
Hi friends

Checking back here after a little while of not keeping up and was wondering what the interesting new players in the market are.

With regards to what I'm interested in, the Anbes 359 were absolutely incredible in my opinion, everything I ever wanted. Loved them right up until they stopped working, and couldn't get another because they dropped off the face of the earth. Tried the SSK, they didn't sound as good to my ears. I eventually settled on the Tranya T3, which have honestly been fantastic. I love the bass response, they definitely have the type of frequency graph that I like.

Anything new that you guys think I'd be interested in? Perhaps something with a sound passthrough mode, or ANC, or apt-x, or some other feature that I don't have on my T3s? I like the way they sound but honestly wouldn't mind more sub-bass (I know, I'm crazy), as long as it still sounds pretty good overall like the T3s do. Love me some great value Chi-Fi. But I'd be willing to try out something from a more reputable western brand as well. I did try the galaxy buds because the passthrough intrigued me buuuuut I couldn't deal with how tinny they sounded to my ears.

Aug 27, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #25,297 of 62,439
Just got my TaoTronics SoundLiberty 94, my first ANC TWS.
20200826_210711.jpg

First impressions
- Tuning is rather dark but spacious, still has some metallic tone to the treble
- ANC is decent but not particularly powerful. It leaves you with the sense of drowning out background noise due to the slight hiss, but i
- The left bud has some high-pitched interference/EMI hiss when ANC is turned off, both in ambient mode and ANC off.. The ambient mode might still work for me playing the piano with music, but the interference artifact makes it nearly unusuable for serious listening with ANC off or ambient on. I'm wondering if this is a defect or not because everything is fine when ANC is turned on. Curious if anyone has had this experience with TOZO or 20Decebel.
- Turning on ANC also causes the music to play.
- Ambient mode pauses the music. It's not as bad as I thought, but I still prefer ambient sound not pausing music (I read the new NUARL does this too). Ambient quality is decent, clear but does miss out some lower frequencies.
- Still sounds good with Windows 10, maybe a bit warmer. Either it's using AAC or the SBC implementation is very good. However, the bass seems to thump oddly above 90%, but not on my phone so it might be using SBC instead of AAC.
- No multipoint or easy disconnect. I'm not surprised.
- They tried to cram all controls, volume/ambient/ANC but it just feels like a mess. Single tap left/right to decrease/increase volume. The worst is double-tap right bud to play/pause - it's prone to trigger increase volume instead (though my COVID-hair probably has a role as it seems consistent if I dig under my hair). I just wish play-pause was on the left side because I'd have to let go of the computer mouse.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #25,298 of 62,439
I know that this is wishful thinking, but Earin's site is down for maintenance. Really hope they launch an M-3 version. https://earin.com

Aug 27, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #25,299 of 62,439
Edifier store Aliexpress, so no prime try before you by - they'd better be good!
Too bad (or maybe good) that I JUST discovered that Edifier AE store could send me this from Spain and it would arrive quite quickly, but if it comes a bit late, I might have left the country ...
Then again, I started watching JDL YT thing and ... I think I am really done with stem based .. I really hope they are awesome and all, but one reason why I returned the Aukey ANC was that they created microphonic sounds by scruffing along the beard under my ears ... so, no more stems for me :D

Aug 27, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #25,300 of 62,439
Hi, thanks yes, I was talking about them XM3s, the deadline to send them back to Amazon is 1st September, I love the sound, but I cannot keep them in my ears, they fall out constantly, is annoying, so that I was looking for the best possible alternative with good sound and, if possible "decent" fit. There are some Galaxy Buds with a good price in Amazon, and also a Tevis and a pair of Jabra 75t and the Melomania 1, but I would prefer something with ANC, if possible, and the Panasonic could be a good solution.

Thanks again!
Hey, yesterday i tried my favorite tips (Acoustune AET08) with the XM3's and my Jabra 65's and I was amazed at the difference, compared with the Spinfits and some foam ones I had. Makes me wonder why I didn't try it before. Comfortable and it feels like they're glued in my ears they're so stable

Aug 27, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #25,301 of 62,439
Too bad (or maybe good) that I JUST discovered that Edifier AE store could send me this from Spain and it would arrive quite quickly, but if it comes a bit late, I might have left the country ...
Then again, I started watching JDL YT thing and ... I think I am really done with stem based .. I really hope they are awesome and all, but one reason why I returned the Aukey ANC was that they created microphonic sounds by scruffing along the beard under my ears ... so, no more stems for me :D

They better be an improvement on the Aukey. They were so disappointing.

Aug 27, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #25,303 of 62,439
quick review of the Panasonic RZ-S500WE after some days of intensive use :D

I'm impressed with the sound quality of these earbuds. really nice timbre, very linear but not missing anything (maybe I would like a little bit more airy highs, but hopefully those will comeout after some more burnin), very detailed and fast. scene is, well, would say normal, not exceptional but neither too small.
ANC is very good, superior to any earbuds I have tried, but it has a strange behaviour: when set to max level it introduces a sort of "hiss", if set to mid level it is perfect.
the only issue I have with these Pana is the ear fit... it is REALLY very difficult for me to find a good fit, and I always have the impression the earbuds are falling out... it's just an impression, actually they are quite stable, but it's annoying to the point that I have decided to no more use them outside.
apart from the correct fit issue, I would reccommed these Pana to everyone, they are very well worth the price.
Have you tried 3rd party tips? From almost day 1 I have used the AZLA Xelastec tips (M)- zero sensation that they are going to fall out!

Aug 27, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #25,305 of 62,439
Good call everyone who recommended the Galaxy beans. They've been great for work calls so far. Some static and connection issues bur overall very solid. I was even able to get music to sound great with Wavelet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back