Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 28, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #25,322 of 62,010
Aug 28, 2020 at 9:53 AM Post #25,325 of 62,010
Looks good, chipset is bluetooth 5.2 compatible too.

AptX adaptive which should be for a hybrid so they didn't just do aptX like so many. Buuut, while looking good but seems Soundpeats doesn't do transparency/talk through. No IPX rating either. Comes down to the price and how good they sound if one wants to forgo those things.

Edit: Then more bad news as I got the email when you sign up for the 41% off H1 and it's a Kickstarter campaign. :weary:
1598623062262.png

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #25,329 of 62,010
Aug 28, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #25,330 of 62,010
Today it says: Something is going on! Sign up for the newsletter to be the first to know.

Really curious for what they are releasing!
It must be the next gen. Fingers crossed! Earin has always been one of my top favorites.

Aug 28, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #25,331 of 62,010
Been looking through this thread and what an amazing bunch of people here! I decided to try out the TaoTronics SoundLiberty 94 as it was slightly cheaper than the Tozo NC9 from Amazon UK and Scarbir/Bart gave a glowing review of it.

Initial impressions was the sound was more focused on the bass than the mids but hoping to burn it in and see if it gets better.
The ANC was pretty weak at first because I couldn't get a decent seal but I swapped around all the spare tips I owned and in the end, I put one of the spare tips that came with the Bomaker Sifi II and got to say it's pretty good. I used these videos to simulate plane cabin noise as well as coffee shop noise and it muted those pretty well:

Ambient noise was also clear and I could have a conversation without any problems.

I did notice that there is a pulsing blue light that flashes slowly while playing music which can't be turned off if that's an issue for some people.

I also bought the Panasonic RZ-S500 as it's currently available for £120 and some of you have said the ANC is one of the best, comparable with the Sony and APP - I have to say I am impressed with this one.

Quite a pleasing sound, not too bassy, mids and highs are pretty clear and both the ANC and Ambient mode are stronger that the TaoTronics but these are over twice the price.

The seal was very good with the provided tips but they do stick out more than the TaoTronics/Tranya T10/Bomaker Sifi II so I played around with the tips and found the ones that I took off the SoundLiberty 94 previously fitted like a glove and don't stick out of my ears as much - these tips are slimmer/lower profile than the ones that came with the Pana and I've put a picture for comparision with the original tips:

1598640725409.png

I updated the firmware on the Pana through the app which gave the option to turn off the LED lights during use.

Will do some more testing and see if they get better.

Aug 28, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #25,332 of 62,010
Hi!! thanks for your reply @Luke Skywalker, I have already sent back my XM3's to Amazon, they were completely uncomfortable for me, my ears are quite small...
Now I have ordered a pair of GBuds +, I wish they are fine for me...I will post my impressions. Moreover, here in Spain the Acustune and the Adla tips are not available, especially the last ones (at least, in Spain).

I have read so many good impressions of both of them...
I think that was a good move... I've never really been happy with the XM3's. The Nuarl N6 Pro blows them out of the water for sound quality no matter what EQ settings I use. I'm so excited about the N10 w/ ANC

Hope no one minds me sharing a link to the site where I bought the Acoustune tips. They really are amazing: https://www.mtmtaudio.com/

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2020 at 9:04 PM Post #25,333 of 62,010
The FIIL T1XS is so tempting for USD54 on AliExpress right now but with two T1X (and a few others), do I really need it? Better not ask @Caipirina et al.

Aug 28, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #25,334 of 62,010
Hey guys, just reviewed the Google Pixel Buds on Everyday Listening. These are quite an unassuming TWS earphone and honestly, I was not expecting much from the company in terms of features or sound quality. However, day to day they really are a pleasure to use. I initially was not going to recommend them despite this due to frequent cutout issues, but the company has basically rectified this with the latest 550 firmware update for me.

The sound quality is easy to enjoy as well, especially the midrange. Not many TWS earphones that I've tried have sounded especially natural or balanced to me with very few exceptions such as the Lypertek TEVI and Galaxy Buds. The Pixel Buds join that list with a pleasantly linear tuning across the board, now with a bass boost that brings up the low-end to match the midrange. The spatial vent offers minimal wearing pressure and also seems to provide a wider soundstage. The design is sleek enough to sleep on and they have a very stable fit. I find the smart features handy, especially owning a Pixel phone due to the assistant integration.

I'd be curious to know whether others have tried or are running the Pixel Buds as I think they offer a pleasant sound and as always, other recommendations are very welcome!

DSC09363.jpg

Aug 28, 2020 at 10:25 PM Post #25,335 of 62,010
The FIIL T1XS is so tempting for USD54 on AliExpress right now but with two T1X (and a few others), do I really need it? Better not ask @Caipirina et al.
The question is not do you really need it, but why not? :relieved: :relieved: :relieved:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back