Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 20, 2020 at 9:19 PM Post #25,081 of 63,208
I'm after a new set of tws in ears for side sleeping. My needs are 1. comfort 2. No blinking lights. 3. No touch Controls as I sleep on my side. Price about £50 any ideas?
I would use bomaker sifi 1, but they have blinking lights and the tips get pushed too far into my ear as they are slightly too small for my cavernous ear holes. I'm fed up of having touch controls turning off the bud on my pillow.

On a side note. I killed my mifo 05s. :) I burst the diaphragm with an industrial air line. Served myself right really.
I've slept with my Kissral R18's in before. They have physical buttons and are pretty low profile. They are an Anbes 359 clone, so any clones of those should work. I know the Anbes 359 and Kissral R18 have very similar and excellent sound, not sure if all the clones are similar though.

Aug 20, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #25,082 of 63,208
IMO if you want the BT20S Pro, you might as well get them straight from Drop here: https://drop.com/buy/trn-bt20s-pro-bluetooth-5-0-module-adapter#overview.

I've never bought from DROP before, but some of my friends who have said when it comes down to returns and warranties, it is a bit tricky. Sometimes DROP will ask you to liase with the manufacturer directly for defective goods. And as we all know, TRN isn't the best when it comes to QC sometimes, both the TRN BT20 and TRN BT20S which I bought previously have problems a few months down the line. So there's a chance of needing a good returns policy.

This DROP option doesn't seem to sell the detachable modules separately also?

Aug 20, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #25,083 of 63,208
A3F6D5E4-275C-4C87-A857-52D1C1742365.jpeg
F292704E-813E-47DD-BDFD-E9BBF8E68C44.jpeg

Using Apollo Bold with apple music with bass reducer EQ and ANC on.

Really liking it. My office needed a fan on top of air conditioning today and ANC is noticeably better than the n400.

Note: even with the Bass Reducer EQ, bass is still heavy hitting and pronounced.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2020 at 11:20 PM Post #25,084 of 63,208
And this is why I added some ad hoc padding (will replace with foam when I get some) inside the lid :wink:
1A37465F-D51F-4FA0-BA63-D45AC0DAFF42.jpeg

This seems like a useful hack.
I am currently facing really bad battery life from the case. I don't know if it's due to this missing padding, but whenever I shake the case with earbuds in, the white light glows up indicating they moved inside the case.
I am using my earphones for 3-4hrs daily, but the case gets empty after a couple of days, so I am getting about 8-9hrs from the case. Is it possible that constant disconnect-reconnect of earbuds inside the case while shaking (which would happen if the case is in jeans or in a bag while on the move) is making them discharge faster?

@Apollo users. are you also facing bad case battery life? Earbuds seems to be doing just fine in battery department though. @Tronsmart Official

Aug 21, 2020 at 12:03 AM Post #25,085 of 63,208
update on the Apollo:
another eartips that can be used without charging problems are the Sony hybrids and JVC Spiral dots (this one is what i currently use). i also use wavelet eq to shave off the bass if I'm using ANC.

i also still don't like the auto pause feature, as i often remove one while watching youtube, and i want the sound to just keep playing. i might just put a tape on the sensors for now. i hope when the app comes out there's an option to disable it

Aug 21, 2020 at 12:43 AM Post #25,086 of 63,208
Anyone having issues with Galaxy Buds+ not wirelessly charging in hot weather? Sabbat E12 Ultra still charges in hot weather but the earbuds get very warm.

Who has Anbes 356/SSK clones/whatever other clones? I think that was one reason why they were so popular back in the day (haha :p) - you could sleep with them on?
No you can't, at least not on the "Coolhere UFO" or "Air" UFO rebrands. You can sleep with them but driver flex was sensitive enough that the slighest contact would cause the driver to crinkle and dip in volume. The fit and passive isolation was great though.

Sabbat E12 Ultra has a nice profile for sleeping, but does not stay in my ears well.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2020 at 12:48 AM Post #25,087 of 63,208
Anyone having issues with Galaxy Buds+ not wirelessly charging in hot weather? Sabbat E12 Ultra still charges in hot weather but the earbuds get very warm.
Can't say that I remember any of my Galaxy Buds having trouble Qi charging in hot weather.

Aug 21, 2020 at 1:06 AM Post #25,088 of 63,208

No you can't, at least not on the "Coolhere UFO" or "Air" UFO rebrands. You can sleep with them but driver flex was sensitive enough that the slighest contact would cause the driver to crinkle and dip in volume. The fit and passive isolation was great though.

Sabbat E12 Ultra has a nice profile for sleeping, but does not stay in my ears well.
Mine wireless charging is still working after a full session on the washing machine :sweat_smile:. The usb-c is busted tho.

Aug 21, 2020 at 1:49 AM Post #25,089 of 63,208
Got the Buds Live earlier today. Immediately updated them to the latest firmware. Work pretty good for how tiny they are.

Fit wise I wish there was one size smaller on the 'wings'. Basically I'd like one with no wing/flap, just a bumper around the charging port. I can get a similar fit by reversing left and right wings but this prevents the lid fully closing on the charging case.

Sound wise on normal they are pretty good. Not recommended for bassheads though. There is decent amount of bass for an earbud like design with no foams to give a seal.

Since I like a slightly warmer and 'milder' harman like signature, I pulled -1 to -1.5db out of the upper mids/lower treble and add about +1db to the mids.

With ANC on the bass and lower mids come forward a bit and the signature goes from lean to warm. Switching to the 'clear' EQ setting compensates for the change fairly well. Running a couple errands earlier and the ANC removed a fair amount of road noise when driving but doesn't actually isolate to where its anymore unsafe than having the radio on. I like it, for what it is. It does an ok job with low droning noises, blocks the fridge and A/C noise but doesn't completely silence my tower fan.

I notice a similar change in SQ when using the 'relieve pressure with ambient sound' option in the 'labs' tab.

Aug 21, 2020 at 3:04 AM Post #25,090 of 63,208
Hopefully it's not a hardware problem (placement of the mics used for ANC)

bingo. I think it's that, explaining also why we hear different "differencies" with ANC on depending on the fit in the ear canal and the volume level. so probably is not resolvable with a new fw, and only goes down to luck.... a pity, because if you're lucky with ANC, then the overall sound quality is gorgeous for the price IMHO.

Aug 21, 2020 at 4:38 AM Post #25,091 of 63,208
This seems like a useful hack.
I am currently facing really bad battery life from the case. I don't know if it's due to this missing padding, but whenever I shake the case with earbuds in, the white light glows up indicating they moved inside the case.
I am using my earphones for 3-4hrs daily, but the case gets empty after a couple of days, so I am getting about 8-9hrs from the case. Is it possible that constant disconnect-reconnect of earbuds inside the case while shaking (which would happen if the case is in jeans or in a bag while on the move) is making them discharge faster?

@Apollo users. are you also facing bad case battery life? Earbuds seems to be doing just fine in battery department though. @Tronsmart Official
Hi, sponsor,
Thanks for your feedback. May I ask how many times you have put earbuds in and out? The charging case can be used up tp 30 hours. Please contact our customer service if you have any problem: support@tronsmart.com

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2020 at 4:40 AM Post #25,092 of 63,208
update on the Apollo:
another eartips that can be used without charging problems are the Sony hybrids and JVC Spiral dots (this one is what i currently use). i also use wavelet eq to shave off the bass if I'm using ANC.

i also still don't like the auto pause feature, as i often remove one while watching youtube, and i want the sound to just keep playing. i might just put a tape on the sensors for now. i hope when the app comes out there's an option to disable it
Yes, after APP comes, you can control all it.

Aug 21, 2020 at 4:47 AM Post #25,093 of 63,208
The more I figure out how to set the GBeans in my ears the right way, the better they get. They're so unbelievably comfortable, although I definitely won't be using them for outdoor work or anything. They don't feel secure even if they are!

Aug 21, 2020 at 7:57 AM Post #25,094 of 63,208
Hi, sponsor,
Thanks for your feedback. May I ask how many times you have put earbuds in and out? The charging case can be used up tp 30 hours. Please contact our customer service if you have any problem: support@tronsmart.com

Maybe about 10 times, but as I said, when the case is shaken with the earbuds in, the lights starts blinking on the case, indicating that the earbuds inside are moving and disconnecting and reconnecting. Maybe the magnet isn't strong enough, so if I put it in the bag, it'll just disconnect and reconnect inside the call all the time.

Aug 21, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #25,095 of 63,208
The more I figure out how to set the GBeans in my ears the right way, the better they get. They're so unbelievably comfortable, although I definitely won't be using them for outdoor work or anything. They don't feel secure even if they are!

i hope delivery will work out well .. at least it got dispatched

Your_Orders.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back