Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 17, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #24,902 of 62,300
Yes, the LED do light up when in use. However, there is a setting in the app that allows you to turn the LED off.
Can you show me WHERE / HOW? Just went all over the app again, watched Flossy on YT do the same and consulted the app’s own online manual. No mention of turning off the LEDs as far as I can see ...

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #24,903 of 62,300
Thank you for those fine details. :)

I've also noticed the ALZA tips in general give better mid-range definition - but it's really across the spectrum, not just the mid-range. If that model reduces Bass that would be unusual in the range, as well as enhancing the high's, it then thin's out the material - that's opposite to what the models I've tried so far exhibit, they thicken the overall presentation in some like the KZ S2's, but simply enhance the overall transmission through the tip as compared to the previous stock or 3rd party tips I've tried. The effect of isolation from outside noise may be part of the increase in small details and soundstage.

Thinning out can be due to a poor seal, you might try different sizes of those tips - one about and one below that size. For me it took a while, going from S to L, and all the sizes in between so see how each size affected the sound and noise isolation. For me the L or M of various brands worked best, varying by design and make - for the ALZA tips I've tried so far the Medium-Large or ML sit best in my ears. Not too tight, but a good solid seal to good effect on the sound and noise isolation.

The MTW2 are gone now, it would have been nice to try out other tips on them, I only used the stock tips before returning them - I didn't find them "special enough" and my time predated the fixing of the noise canceling. Perhaps the MTW3's will blossom like I'd hoped the MTW2's would, for $300+.

So far the ALZA tips I've used haven't failed to improve the IEM / TWS, except for the full sized ones not fitting in the TWS cases they sound great.

I'm listening to Picard (again) with the KZ S2's, quite nice. :)

Darn, even the short ALZA tips keep the KZ S2 case from closing... I pulled the ALZA tips and moved them to the 2nd pair of KZ S2's for another 4 hours or so...

Hey, are they really coming out with MTW3 some time soon? I googled around but didn't see anything

Aug 17, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #24,904 of 62,300
Hey, are they really coming out with MTW3 some time soon? I googled around but didn't see anything
i'm sure any reference to an MTW3 is just meant in passing, E.g. something like, heres hoping X is fixed on the MTW3, whenever that's released. i wouldn't expect it for a while, was 16 months IIRC from when the MTW was released to when the MTW2 was released.

Aug 17, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #24,905 of 62,300
How does 1More ANC compare to Tronsmart Apollo Bold? I see the 1More is on sale this week for 204$ CAD and 15$ coupon on top of that (though I think they might remove that soon!)

Aug 17, 2020 at 4:43 PM Post #24,906 of 62,300
I saw a video and it’s one of those quarter thin like batteries. Look on YouTube.
Here is the cheaper T5 II coming soon. I believe this was the price on the original:
Klipsch T5 II True Wireless Earphones with Signal-Boosting Antenna in Silver https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088XSS18P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_AxToFb5P6KZTJ

Amazon renewed T5. So tempting:

Klipsch T5 True Wireless Earphones - True Wireless Earbuds with Bluetooth 5 (Renewed) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZMT46QF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_y9ToFb3H8220J
Just be aware that these were selling brand new a few weeks ago for $69 at Costco and Amazon. I'm sure they'll hit that low again when the new ones come out. I LOVE the T5's, but they have some bt connection issues and other bugs. Firmware updates via the app were also said to brick some units. The sound is just awesome. I'll definitely be picking up the new ones.

Aug 17, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #24,907 of 62,300
It may have been me you saw post about the muted highs and boomy bass of the Apollo while in ANC and Ambiant mode, i've posted about it a few times. but in passive mode they sound fantastic!. Still a bit more bass than i want at times, mostly mid bass, but still a great sound.

Thanks, it's not just me then ! I wonder why our Apollo Bold behave like that when ANC and Ambient (not as bad of an impact as with ANC) are turned on. Surely Tronsmart must have other feedback about that !

The thunderous thud while walking/running has haunted me always, I have however observed that using Comply foam tips minimizes the loudness of thud significantly. I just hate how the foam tips cause treble roll-off though and change the tonality of the bass
Exactly my observations with Comply foams, sure they provide great isolation but they just deteriorate the SQ to a point that is not acceptable to my ears ! And of course they fall apart quickly too...II think it's way better to find IEMs/TWEs that don't lose their seal with one's ear shape using the stock (or at least silicone) tips. As for the "thud", earbuds are the only way to go it seems but if you're in a noisy environment a choice will have to be made isolation or "thud" !

Aug 17, 2020 at 5:00 PM Post #24,908 of 62,300
Believe you but couldn't find it. Might be good if you needed to change out.

Saw this though...
1597691708044.png
Edifier quickly and somewhat quietly released the improved TWS NB2. Sounds like 7 hours now with improved ANC on and better sound and form factor.
Unfortunately they removed AptX since it uses a BesTechnic chipset like the Pixel Buds, still no volume controls despite having a dedicated app. Call quality is bad with background noise, according to Sean Talks Tech's review.

Aug 17, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #24,909 of 62,300
@Caipirina - Since I'm a sucker for "super sauce ANC" it looks like I need to order the Panasonic RWS500Z ! Too bad they're not available on Amazon FR's at the same price used as on Amazon DE...

Actually, for some strange reason, the official 'new' price on amazon.de was 134.90€ just before the weekend ... it is now at 141.90€, no idea why .fr is still 170+ ... the used offer I mentioned was white and was missing the eartips .. so, not worth saving 6$

Since you mention the bass on the Apollo, do you notice that "bass boost, highs muted" when ANC is turned ON ? Oddly it seems I'm the only one now with that problem although I could swear I remember someone else mentioning it a few weeks ago.

Will check next time, but ... I don't recall noticing a big change .. or any change at all?

Need to try these Nilkin GO at some point to experience their reduced "thud" but better isolation than the X12s for running in noisy (and dangerless) environments...although since I never run on treadmills I'm not sure where that would be :wink:
You always have traffic around? I have a lot of field & forest paths ... other than the occasional mad cyclist I should be rather safe :) (well, that's now, once I am back on the island, it will be cars on one side and train on the other ... )

Aug 17, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #24,910 of 62,300
No actually I very rarely run in noisy environments, never actually, that's why the X12 work so well for me. When I ran on a treadmill last year I did wish I had TWEs with better isolation but since it's so rare it's a non-issue really...still I'll try to check out the Nilkin :wink:

Aug 17, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #24,911 of 62,300
Can you show me WHERE / HOW? Just went all over the app again, watched Flossy on YT do the same and consulted the app’s own online manual. No mention of turning off the LEDs as far as I can see ...

NOTE: You need to have updated S500s to latest firmware.
Settings (Wrench Icon- Top Right Corner) --> LED Notification Light (toggle Off)

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #24,912 of 62,300
After several weeks of using the Tranya T10s with somewhat "Ok" SQ but good BT connection, I just found out what they excel at: Endurance.

Not battery endurance as you might suspect, but washing machine endurance.

Yup - sooner or later, putting earbuds in your running shorts pockets after a run means that you will eventually put them in the washer, along with the shorts. I did.

Afterward, they barely made a sound - volume was maybe 10%. I let them sit for 24 hours and Boom, right back in the saddle. They sound....
... just "Ok" again, which is better than yesterday.

So, if you are looking for TWSs that can withstand the washing cycle test, buy the Tranya T10s.
If you are smarter than me, and never put yourself in the inevitable position of washing your earbuds along with your running clothes, you should just look for good sounding TWSs. :relaxed::relaxed:

Aug 17, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #24,914 of 62,300
After several weeks of using the Tranya T10s with somewhat "Ok" SQ but good BT connection, I just found out what they excel at: Endurance.

Not battery endurance as you might suspect, but washing machine endurance.

Yup - sooner or later, putting earbuds in your running shorts pockets after a run means that you will eventually put them in the washer, along with the shorts. I did.

Afterward, they barely made a sound - volume was maybe 10%. I let them sit for 24 hours and Boom, right back in the saddle. They sound....
... just "Ok" again, which is better than yesterday.

So, if you are looking for TWSs that can withstand the washing cycle test, buy the Tranya T10s.
If you are smarter than me, and never put yourself in the inevitable position of washing your earbuds along with your running clothes, you should just look for good sounding TWSs. :relaxed::relaxed:
Ha Ha ha! That's good to know. I can also attest to the Fiil T1x (3x because it's so small) and gasp...my L2Pros (only a partial cycle) making it through the washing machine. I don't recommend it, but I think the HE machines use so little water that as long as it stays in the pocket, you might be OK. I nearly had a heart attack when I realized the L2P was missing and guessed where it was. :cold_sweat:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back