Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 1, 2020 at 12:20 AM Post #24,151 of 63,207
Spinfits tips seem to be well liked here. Check amazon. I need to get a pair and see what the fuss is all about.
I might try some Complys... foam is more comfortable and these are really uncomfortable. the only problem is that I think the tips that the E60s come with are abnormal soze-wise, so I don't know if the earbuds/case will accept larger foam tips...
IMG_0616.JPG

Is it just me, or are these stock tips all a bit small and short?

Aug 1, 2020 at 3:25 AM Post #24,153 of 63,207
I might try some Complys... foam is more comfortable and these are really uncomfortable. the only problem is that I think the tips that the E60s come with are abnormal soze-wise, so I don't know if the earbuds/case will accept larger foam tips...IMG_0616.JPG
Yeah they look similar to what came with the Bomaker Sifi II which are really fussy about you putting any other tips on, they just flat out won't go back in the case and charge properly. Do you have any other IEM's you can try the tips from? Even if they're way too big for the case at least you'll know if you can achieve a good fit with them.

I picked up the Soundpeats Truefree 2 yesterday, the Truefree+ were my first TWS so it seemed only right to try the sequel. They're another solid set from Soundpeats, nice full warm bassy sound, fit seems good so far and no connection issues.

Only things I don't like so far is the case is still quite chonky (but it's happy to accommodate Spinfit CP360's so that's a plus) and for some reason instead of the great touch controls of the Truedot it has buttons that are even harder to press than the Truefree+ were.

Aug 1, 2020 at 4:22 AM Post #24,154 of 63,207
Yes, so many terms. I do distinguish based on how you can use it. Just like with my JVC the tips are ambient tips and the pass through mode is just to talk to someone for a bit and even though I can adjust the volume I would use the tips for ambient situations long term whole time listening. The mics on isn't the way to go if you want awareness on a run. The mics give the wind and plenty of unwanted stuff.

On another note I did comes across this while browsing. About the N10 Pro.

" The N6 Pro uses a "SWCNT composite diaphragm" in which two vibrating membranes, single-walled carbon nanotubes and PEEK, are vacuum deposited and bonded together, but the N10 Pro uses a further advanced driver." Some speculated it is just the N6 Pro driver but it is actually an improved version. They released a new earphone the NX1 with a driver called... NUARL DRIVE[N10]v5X, a 10mm dynamic driver developed by the company, featuring a single-walled carbon nanotube composite diaphragm, a 7N-grade OCC voice coil, and a dual magnetic circuit with neodymium magnets inside and outside the voice coil. Not sure if it the same driver in the N10 Pro. They do want $330 for that new earphone.

The only thing bothering me with N10Pro is their battery life.
3.5hr with aptX and ANC, and 5hrs with just aptX seems a little on the lower side, and will degrade pretty fast from there. When even N6Pro manages 8hrs on aptX.

Aug 1, 2020 at 6:17 AM Post #24,155 of 63,207
A friend had just picked up a pair of Sony 1000XM3.
He is struggling to get a seal with the stock tips, any suggestions. Which spin fits are used with these?

And what’s the best Bluetooth codec to use listening to Spotify with a one plus phone?
I use an iPhone with AirPods Pro and momentum TW so I’ve never had all the options he has.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2020 at 6:55 AM Post #24,156 of 63,207
Man, N6 Minis (with possible ambient mode?) AND the BT20 Pro? My wallet is death.

I might try some Complys... foam is more comfortable and these are really uncomfortable. the only problem is that I think the tips that the E60s come with are abnormal soze-wise, so I don't know if the earbuds/case will accept larger foam tips...

Is that an OG Intellimouse? Good stuff that.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2020 at 7:58 AM Post #24,158 of 63,207
On Android 8 or newer, enable developer options and change the codec to SBC.

I sent them back already so no longer can do these experiments (the AKG N400). I'm pretty ruthless in my comparisons (personal auditioning) and only want 2-3 pairs TWS so if they don't beat the reigning champ they go back immediately lol.

That being said, I have played around with the BT Codecs in the Developer Options.I did not detect a change when selecting other codecs, and the codecs never stay selected if I close the menu - if you have pro-tips about how to make sure the codecs are applied/stay for a period, let me know. Otherwise the AKG N400 displayed no difference to my ears when adjusting the settings.

Aug 1, 2020 at 9:01 AM Post #24,160 of 63,207
I might try some Complys... foam is more comfortable and these are really uncomfortable. the only problem is that I think the tips that the E60s come with are abnormal soze-wise, so I don't know if the earbuds/case will accept larger foam tips...IMG_0616.JPG
I have those tips on came with my Hoopshop W1 and never had a comfort issue. I’d give both a try and hopefully you’ll find comfort.

Aug 1, 2020 at 9:06 AM Post #24,161 of 63,207
The Tevi that I bought used on amazon is giving me about 7hrs. 50 percent volume. I guess the previous user used these a lot. Whenever these go on sale of course I’m getting a backup. Anyone know how low a price these have gone? Not sure but I don’t think there is a battery low voice on these? Mine just shut off. Anyone with the Tevi can confirm? I will do a overview on these sometime soon. I did reset these before doing the battery test. SQ is top notch.
Anyone who has the Tevi could you answer these questions?

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #24,162 of 63,207
I keep hearing the CP360 are the ones to get for them. I have not tried yet myself as I keep having trouble to source them locally

Spinfit CP360 or the sedna earfit Xelastec tips. The Xelastec tips run a bit large so go down a size or two from what you'd normally use.

Aug 1, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #24,163 of 63,207
A friend had just picked up a pair of Sony 1000XM3.
He is struggling to get a seal with the stock tips, any suggestions. Which spin fits are used with these?

And what’s the best Bluetooth codec to use listening to Spotify with a one plus phone?
I use an iPhone with AirPods Pro and momentum TW so I’ve never had all the options he has.
I have the Spinfit CP100 on my XM3.

Aug 1, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #24,164 of 63,207
I'm a little concerned that the N6 mini doesn't have hdss. Nuarl has released sports editions without hdss and with ipx7 in the past and they were not well received at all. They sounded really plain and ordinary. The hdss and large chamber have their earphones that grand reverb that I am guessing the mini will lack. I think auditions are in order, it's just not a good time to go to virus hot spots and put display items in my ears :frowning2:

Aug 1, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #24,165 of 63,207
I could be in a minority in here but Spinfit CP360 do not provide me a good seal for my Momentum2 or 75t, tried all XS,S,M,L sizes. The factory tips provide a better seal than these. The spinfits are much more comfortable though.

Do you guys know of any other tips similar to Spinfit CP360 designed specially for TWS?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back