Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 25, 2020 at 10:47 PM Post #23,926 of 62,592
Uhh, why is Samsung selling these a $50 markup? Is it cause they are a special edition?
Yup, fan juice :)

There's also a BTS Ultra Violet Galaxy S20+ 5G BTS Edition
https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-s20-5g-bts/buy/

Unboxing BTS Edition Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus, Buds Plus & Photo Cards!

Unboxing Samsung Galaxy BTS S20+, Buds+ Special Edition! (Eng sub)

And, Galaxy Unpacked August 5th, sign up here and get $50 off on a new phone announced at the show:
https://www.samsung.com/us/smartphones/reserve/
You're all set. Thanks for your reservation!
Watch for an email to complete your pre-order. You'll have $50 instant credit to accessorize your Galaxy or add a smartwatch
1595731791855.png

1595731756622.png

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra CONFIRMED!

Samsung dropped the 100x for a 50x Zoom... IDK, maybe I'll pop for the side-grade from my Ultra 20, it depends on how "enhanced" the trade-in credit is :)

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - THIS IS IT!

Note 20 Ultra Pre-Order Gifts

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2020 at 11:48 PM Post #23,928 of 62,592
Yup, fan juice :)

There's also a BTS Ultra Violet Galaxy S20+ 5G BTS Edition
https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-s20-5g-bts/buy/

Unboxing BTS Edition Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus, Buds Plus & Photo Cards!

Unboxing Samsung Galaxy BTS S20+, Buds+ Special Edition! (Eng sub)

And, Galaxy Unpacked August 5th, sign up here and get $50 off on a new phone announced at the show:
You're all set. Thanks for your reservation!
Watch for an email to complete your pre-order. You'll have $50 instant credit to accessorize your Galaxy or add a smartwatch
1595731791855.png
1595731756622.png

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra CONFIRMED!

Samsung dropped the 100x for a 50x Zoom... IDK, maybe I'll pop for the side-grade from my Ultra 20, it depends on how "enhanced" the trade-in credit is :)

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra - THIS IS IT!

You know what would be nice? If you could apply the credit towards cheaper products, like the Buds Live. They never explicitely said phones. But that would really imbalance pricing, so probably only the new phones..

Jul 26, 2020 at 12:02 AM Post #23,929 of 62,592
...or the WF-SP800N, if you want to go the slightly more athletic route...

The biggest thing is deciding which price-point you are looking at.

Well, my price point is $60 to $100, or $120 if that iem is just a clear winner.
OR, $148 :) if I want ANC and an iem that will stay in place no matter what the activity (at least, any activity my wife would be participating in). I may drop the ANC requirement which would add to quality, at a lower price point. But if we must have the ANC feature, it seems the WF-SP800N does a lot of things well if a person is also active. AND, this model Sony is virtually waterproof - sweat-proof at least. If I was trying to keep cost low and it was for me, probably I'd lean toward the AKG N400.

Let's say I am willing to drop the ANC, but want decent sound quality and an earphone that will stay in my (wife's) ear during moderate exercise. My wife will never fool with any software features after initial setup, so good sound and crap features wouldn't be the worst. Are there sub $100 iems that sound as good as the WF-SP800Ns, and will stay secure in one's ear(s), but don't have ANC? Or, should one just pony up the $148 and go with the Sony and move on?

Jul 26, 2020 at 12:15 AM Post #23,930 of 62,592
You know what would be nice? If you could apply the credit towards cheaper products, like the Buds Live. They never explicitely said phones. But that would really imbalance pricing, so probably only the new phones..
Samsung did that last time, I had $235+ worth of "credit" to buy any Samsung product, so I got the Buds+, Ultra case, and used the rest of the credit toward a Samsung Tab S6 :)

Note 20 Ultra Pre-Order Gifts

Don't forget to reserve that $50 credit as that's only the first part of the credits to add up together.

Also, it looks like the Buds+ Live are named "Beans" :)
1595736641890.png

Samsung Galaxy Buds Live (Beans) | OFFICIALLY HERE | GET READY !!

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2020 at 3:03 AM Post #23,931 of 62,592
Anyone know anything about the Aukey EP-N5 active noise canceling buds that came out recently? I can’t find much for reviews. At $50 with ANC I’m not expecting much, but Scarbir seemed to really like the Aukey T21, so I’m hesitant to write these new ones off completely.

Jul 26, 2020 at 3:54 AM Post #23,932 of 62,592
The Tronsmart Apollo's arrived yesterday and I have had a brief listen to them. Definitely forward in the bass somewhat but I do like their sound character. ANC does work - not quite up to Sony's standard but does work. I'm starting to put together a detailed review. Feel free to ask questions folks - I'm happy to help.

Jul 26, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #23,934 of 62,592
Soo... Tronmart Spunky Beat, Tranya what? T3s, T10s, B530 Pros? I have no idea what the middle one is. No, wait. I figured it out. The middle ones are TWS IEMs made by Losoi! Look how smart I am :p
Those are Losei x12(type c and 5-6 battery) sports earbuds that I wanted to try. They have clips so when I’m biking or maybe a run they will stay in place. I’m charging all of them now and will check battery life and give an overview later this week when the Levi arrive. Ah yeah the Tranya T2, which I sent back to amazon and reordered another pair. Rated at 6hrs, but I only got 4hrs(50-60 vol) Let’s see if I get six if not going back.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #23,935 of 62,592
Those are Losei x12(type c and 5-6 battery) sports earbuds that I wanted to try. They have clips so when I’m biking or maybe a run they will stay in place. I’m charging all of them now and will check battery life and give an overview later this week when the Levi arrive. Ah yeah the Tranya T2, which I sent back to amazon and reordered another pair. Rated at 6hrs, but I only got 4hrs(50-60 vol) Let’s see if I get six if not going back.
How are you liking the Lypertek Tevis?

Jul 26, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #23,937 of 62,592
Huh, never heard of Losei, but they sound decent. It looks like they are an over-ear earhook model?
It sounds like lots of people have been having problems with the Tranya T2 and T3 really falling short of suggested battery life.

Jul 26, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #23,938 of 62,592
I could live with the WF1000xm3 as my only headphone/earphone. With EQ and the right tips they sound that good. Spotify + the Wavelet Android app and these with Spinfit cp360 tips is great.

Jul 26, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #23,939 of 62,592
Well, my price point is $60 to $100, or $120 if that iem is just a clear winner.
OR, $148 :) if I want ANC and an iem that will stay in place no matter what the activity (at least, any activity my wife would be participating in). I may drop the ANC requirement which would add to quality, at a lower price point. But if we must have the ANC feature, it seems the WF-SP800N does a lot of things well if a person is also active. AND, this model Sony is virtually waterproof - sweat-proof at least. If I was trying to keep cost low and it was for me, probably I'd lean toward the AKG N400.

Let's say I am willing to drop the ANC, but want decent sound quality and an earphone that will stay in my (wife's) ear during moderate exercise. My wife will never fool with any software features after initial setup, so good sound and crap features wouldn't be the worst. Are there sub $100 iems that sound as good as the WF-SP800Ns, and will stay secure in one's ear(s), but don't have ANC? Or, should one just pony up the $148 and go with the Sony and move on?
Your choice. If you are interested in sub-$100 IEMs, consider the: Fiil TX1, Tozo NC9/Decibel20 (has ANC), Edifier TWS NB (down to $70 at the edifier website, also has ANC), and the Mpow X3s (also has ANC, but not as good). Now, I can;t speak to their SQ personally, but they should offer sound almost equal to the WF-SP800N, I think. Scarbir does good reviews of all of these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back