Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 27, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #23,956 of 62,896
Speaking of 5.1

just came across this TaoTronics ANC set ... first time ... also touting the 'hybrid' ANC and 35db reduction power like the Apollo Bold, minus the AptX ...

Active_Noise_Cancelling_Kopfhörer_Hybrid_TaoTronics__Amazon_de__Elektronik.jpg

The 4 reviews sound like the usual shill ... I might try them if they come with a 20€ off coupon .. maybe :D

I really really really want that next Bose ANC ... even though I am not totally sold by the looks ... (who are we kidding, money is ready to be thrown at Bose ASAP)

Speaking of cheap ANC ... here is a Libertone clone with a 40%off coupon ... one review is pretty damning ...

Amazon_de_Basket.jpg

so, comes down to 45€ with coupon ... found another review in German which also says that sound is loads on the mids, very lean on bass / highs ... and ANC rather 'weak sauce' .. sooo ... I am still not jumping :)

(edit: 20 minutes and one Japanese YT review later: I jumped ... I am weak. Not that this review is super great, but by now I want to check it out myself)
Yah, IMO if you want ANC, you are better off getting more "tried-and-true" ones, like the Edifier TWS NB (down to $70 at the eidifier store), or the 20Decibel.

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #23,957 of 62,896
I see that they now have started using domain by proxy. Not that theres anything wrong with indiegogo and flexible funding.
old record
Code:
audeqs
Admin Name: Vivek Pokhriyal
Admin Organization:
Admin Street: I-1 Academy of administration
Admin Street: 1100 Quarters
Admin City: bhopal
Admin State/Province: Madhya Pradesh
Admin Postal Code: 462016
Admin Country: IN

magnifitechsolutions
Registrant Name: nadeem farooqui
Registrant Organization: technoresearch
Registrant Street: 8 sunrise colony idgah hills
Registrant City: bhopal
Registrant State/Province: Madhya Pradesh
Registrant Postal Code: 462001
Registrant Country: IN
Argh, those look so promising at $75, but I've learned not to trust Kickstarters/Indiegogos/Drops unless they are from a trusted brand.

EDIT: On the other hand, these have a website and an app - more work into them then most promising-products-that-turn-out-to-be-scams.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #23,958 of 62,896
Yah, IMO if you want ANC, you are better off getting more "tried-and-true" ones, like the Edifier TWS NB (down to $70 at the eidifier store), or the 20Decibel.
I actually already have ... let me count ... 5 ANC sets ... always curious what else is out there and when it gets better ... I happen to have those Edifiers waiting unopened at home (they arrived late, just after I left for the summer) .. now I need to look into what those 20decibels are ... (the same / similar as the TOZO?)

IMHO for me the apple airpods still have the best / most immediate WOW effect when it comes to ANC ... the Sony are more fickle and need a lot of time trying with different tips (this is why I was initially less than impressed when I had a chance to try them in-store in Japan. The APP on the other hand, also tried instore, and immediate 'Woah!')

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #23,959 of 62,896
I actually already have ... let me count ... 5 ANC sets ... always curious what else is out there and when it gets better ... I happen to have those Edifiers waiting unopened at home (they arrived late, just after I left for the summer) .. now I need to look into what those 20decibels are ... (the same / similar as the TOZO?)

IMHO for me the apple airpods still have the best / most immediate WOW effect when it comes to ANC ... the Sony are more fickle and need a lot of time trying with different tips (this is why I was initially less than impressed when I had a chance to try them in-store in Japan. The APP on the other hand, also tried instore, and immediate 'Woah!')
Funny, most ppl like the Sony's more. If I remember correctly, the Tozo are a clone, $20 less, also available on amazon, slightly different design, and no option to turn off ANC from the buds.

Jul 27, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #23,960 of 62,896
Well they made it. For good condition they look newish. Let’s hope the Tevi gives 9-10hrs. Kissral should be 5 hrs. Gonna charge them up now. I got the giggles rahaha. Tevi time!!!
7F6E611E-6CEA-43E6-80F2-F18D93F64411.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020 at 6:40 PM Post #23,961 of 62,896
Well they made it. For good condition they look newish. Let’s hope the Tevi gives 9-10hrs. Kissral should be 5 hrs. Gonna charge them up now. I got the giggles rahaha. Tevi time!!!
7F6E611E-6CEA-43E6-80F2-F18D93F64411.jpeg
I think you will love them - I certainly do.

Jul 27, 2020 at 7:24 PM Post #23,963 of 62,896
Is there anything with stable connection for under 30 iisch$?

So of put by dropouts, I just can't stand em...

Think the Edifier X3 has a good connection, aptX, good sound and small size for $20 to $25 depending where you buy.

Jul 27, 2020 at 8:28 PM Post #23,964 of 62,896
So I narrowed my search down to three TWS that seemed to hit my checklist: good sound, USB-C, good mic for calls, solid connection. Here’s what I wound up at:
  • Fiil T1X
  • EarFun Air
  • Aukey EP-N5
I wound up ordering all three and they showed up today. Here’s some initial impressions if anyone is interested. For reference, my benchmarks for comparison are my Tin Audio T2 for more accurate reference listening, and My Bowers and Wilkins P5 for less accurate, but warm and easy to listen to.

EarFun Air
Right away, I really wanted to like these. Great features like in-ear detection that automatically pauses when you taken one out. Decent plastics and build quality, wireless charging, supposedly good US support.

First impressions were good: surprisingly warm mids with good clarity. Listening to Sotto Voce by The Human Abstract was pleasant, with the plucked acoustic strings sounding nice. However, further listening to other tracks, especially Miracle by CHVRCHES revealed the fatal flaw for me: sibilance. There’s just too much on sharper vocals and this persists with highs in percussion as well. The sibilance ruins the earbuds for me, so back they’ll go.

Aukey EP-N5
These are newly released and I couldn’t find much in the way of reviews or anything for them. The big feature on these is that they have active noise canceling, impressive for the $50 price tag! The noise canceling itself isn’t quite as impressive, however. It works, you can tell the difference with it on or off, but it only seems to be able to handle the deeper hum of an air conditioning unit, not the hum and the fan noise.

Overall sound quality on these are pretty good. First off, sibilance isn’t an issue here. The highs are a bit dull, but it beats sibilance. Bass thumps nicely without being overpowering. Switching back and forth between these and my T2s Does leave me with a bit of an intangible feeling that they’re missing something, however.

On their own, they’re a perfectly competent pair of IEMs that sound pretty good and aren’t fatiguing, which is great. They’re just missing a bit of “wow factor,” I suppose, and the plastics for the earbuds and the case aren’t bad, but you won’t confuse them for a premium product either. That said, for the money I think they’re really solid.

Fiil T1X
When I first popped these in, I wasn’t entirely sure what the fuss was about. They sounded good, but I wasn’t blown away. But, I started to listen to them more and that quickly changed from just warming up to them to being impressed.

Mid-range is really clear without feeling flat, bass thumps nicely on tracks like Billie Eilish’s bad guy, and detail is there. No sibilance on percussion, but maybe a smidge more than my T2s on songs like Miracle where I’m sensitive to the vocals especially. That said, the sibilance is more of “if you’re listening for it” and I don’t think it would be fatiguing at all.

They definitely sound better than the Aukeys, and build quality is better too. The buds themselves look more premium, and the case looks and feels more premium as well. However, this also brings me to what might break them for me First, the fit is a bit off for me with the wings: it takes a lot of fiddling to get them to really tuck into my ear.

But the big issue? The case is fairly large and definitely thick. As I was walking around testing these, I always felt that damn case in my pocket and it’s very visible. Factor in the hard edges, and it’s really a bit of a pain. Despite these winning for sound and build quality, I may just wind up keeping the Aukeys instead because they’ll be easier to live with in my tight pockets when hiking, walking cities, flying, etc.

I’m going to give the Aukeys a bit more time and see how they perform on calls and I’ll update here again if anyone is interested.

Jul 27, 2020 at 8:40 PM Post #23,966 of 62,896
Is there anything with stable connection for under 30 iisch$?

So of put by dropouts, I just can't stand em...

My favorite 3 are Nuarl N6 pro ($162), FiiL T1X ($50) and mpow t5 ($45). I know that is over $30, but have to say the Fiil T1X connection was superior to everything I have ever tried. That is at least 10-14 different wireless Bluetooth earbuds.

Anyone have better connection reports than T1X, for any price ?

Jul 27, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #23,967 of 62,896
So I narrowed my search down to three TWS that seemed to hit my checklist: good sound, USB-C, good mic for calls, solid connection. Here’s what I wound up at:
  • Fiil T1X
  • EarFun Air
  • Aukey EP-N5
I wound up ordering all three and they showed up today. Here’s some initial impressions if anyone is interested. For reference, my benchmarks for comparison are my Tin Audio T2 for more accurate reference listening, and My Bowers and Wilkins P5 for less accurate, but warm and easy to listen to.

EarFun Air
Right away, I really wanted to like these. Great features like in-ear detection that automatically pauses when you taken one out. Decent plastics and build quality, wireless charging, supposedly good US support.

First impressions were good: surprisingly warm mids with good clarity. Listening to Sotto Voce by The Human Abstract was pleasant, with the plucked acoustic strings sounding nice. However, further listening to other tracks, especially Miracle by CHVRCHES revealed the fatal flaw for me: sibilance. There’s just too much on sharper vocals and this persists with highs in percussion as well. The sibilance ruins the earbuds for me, so back they’ll go.

Aukey EP-N5
These are newly released and I couldn’t find much in the way of reviews or anything for them. The big feature on these is that they have active noise canceling, impressive for the $50 price tag! The noise canceling itself isn’t quite as impressive, however. It works, you can tell the difference with it on or off, but it only seems to be able to handle the deeper hum of an air conditioning unit, not the hum and the fan noise.

Overall sound quality on these are pretty good. First off, sibilance isn’t an issue here. The highs are a bit dull, but it beats sibilance. Bass thumps nicely without being overpowering. Switching back and forth between these and my T2s Does leave me with a bit of an intangible feeling that they’re missing something, however.

On their own, they’re a perfectly competent pair of IEMs that sound pretty good and aren’t fatiguing, which is great. They’re just missing a bit of “wow factor,” I suppose, and the plastics for the earbuds and the case aren’t bad, but you won’t confuse them for a premium product either. That said, for the money I think they’re really solid.

Fiil T1X
When I first popped these in, I wasn’t entirely sure what the fuss was about. They sounded good, but I wasn’t blown away. But, I started to listen to them more and that quickly changed from just warming up to them to being impressed.

Mid-range is really clear without feeling flat, bass thumps nicely on tracks like Billie Eilish’s bad guy, and detail is there. No sibilance on percussion, but maybe a smidge more than my T2s on songs like Miracle where I’m sensitive to the vocals especially. That said, the sibilance is more of “if you’re listening for it” and I don’t think it would be fatiguing at all.

They definitely sound better than the Aukeys, and build quality is better too. The buds themselves look more premium, and the case looks and feels more premium as well. However, this also brings me to what might break them for me First, the fit is a bit off for me with the wings: it takes a lot of fiddling to get them to really tuck into my ear.

But the big issue? The case is fairly large and definitely thick. As I was walking around testing these, I always felt that damn case in my pocket and it’s very visible. Factor in the hard edges, and it’s really a bit of a pain. Despite these winning for sound and build quality, I may just wind up keeping the Aukeys instead because they’ll be easier to live with in my tight pockets when hiking, walking cities, flying, etc.

I’m going to give the Aukeys a bit more time and see how they perform on calls and I’ll update here again if anyone is interested.
I had the same impression with the T1X. In a week listen to the Spotify I change my entire experience.
The sound is very balanced and the only thing I change about your review is about the fit. They fit very well in my ear.

Jul 27, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #23,969 of 62,896
anybody got their hands to the Technics AZ70 yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back