Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 12, 2020 at 3:53 AM Post #23,416 of 62,422
I didn't hear about this update. Does it improve isolation enough?
No, what I meant was a wind-noise reduction filter in the ambient sound. It was added in an update in April in response to complaints of wind noise, but there's no way to turn it on or off (adjusting ambient sound levels doesn't affect this). Now the ambient sound feed lacks bass and sounds too faint in some situations. The volume also pans around from certain sounds (like turning on the faucet or cars driving by), which is extremely annoying and potentially unsafe (I wouldn't use these readily the streets!).

Some users have complained on the Samsung US forum but the reps and users there just tell people BS like "do a factory reset" or "get a replacement". So I wonder where they are taking feedback from for complaints like "wind noise" and other things.

Jul 12, 2020 at 7:29 AM Post #23,418 of 62,422
I have had the Sony wf-1000xm3 for couple of weeks now, they dont pair properly with my laptop. The connection has dropped out several times on calls. The play/pause when you remove it from the ears is always a hit or miss.

Is there a good alternative? I can get the Klipsch T5 for around 50% of what i paid for the sony. Should i do it? I am primarily looking for good mic, connection and sound quality.

Jul 12, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #23,419 of 62,422
I think that last part about being worth the cost is relative. That being said, I agree. I paid full price for the original and it was worth it for me.
I own both the mtw2 and the new akg. The akg beats the senns in almost every category except maybe fit and that's debatable. Build quality is just as good. ANC is superior. Sq for me personally is superior. Only reason to go with the mtw2 is if you prefer the sennheiser house sound. I'm probably gonna sell my senns. The akg is that good and 100 bucks less.

Jul 12, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #23,420 of 62,422
I own both the mtw2 and the new akg. The akg beats the senns in almost every category except maybe fit and that's debatable. Build quality is just as good. ANC is superior. Sq for me personally is superior. Only reason to go with the mtw2 is if you prefer the sennheiser house sound. I'm probably gonna sell my senns. The akg is that good and 100 bucks less.
The other item would to consider are the button controls, which is a big one for me . The AKG approach is much easier for me. The app also seems much more polished, including anEq control that make sense

Jul 12, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #23,421 of 62,422
I couldn’t get the swipe gestures to work properly (Wouldn’t register all the time) and the app was buggy for me. I returned them. Sound was awesome though. Maybe I’ll revisit and try another pair.

Jul 12, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #23,422 of 62,422

N400 got worse battery life, no APTX, and above all there's no EU reseller that have them in stock, at least as far as I'm aware of. So if you import it, the additional shipping cost and custom fees won't make them that much cheaper than MTW2. Since you import them there wont be any warranty, that's another con.

But yea for US customers that can get them from Amazon.com the last part isn't an issue.

Jul 12, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #23,423 of 62,422
N400 got worse battery life, no APTX, and above all there's no EU reseller that have them in stock, at least as far as I'm aware of. So if you import it, the additional shipping cost and custom fees won't make them that much cheaper than MTW2. Since you import them there wont be any warranty, that's another con.

But yea for US customers that can get them from Amazon.com the last part isn't an issue.
i should have read your post BEFORE I just went on a wild goose chase for EU sources :D

Jul 12, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #23,424 of 62,422
i should have read your post BEFORE I just went on a wild goose chase for EU sources :D

I haven't looked through that many audio stores in EU, mostly Amazon and all my local stores in my country, maybe there's some store that sells them. But I couldn't find any :/

Btw is the connection for the AKG N400 Master/Slave or independent? They do look really interesting, but man that battery life is so last gen, the N400 can get you 12 hours, whilst MTW2 can get you 24h...

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #23,425 of 62,422
I haven't looked through that many audio stores in EU, mostly Amazon and all my local stores in my country, maybe there's some store that sells them. But I couldn't find any :/

Btw is the connection for the AKG N400 Master/Slave or independent? They do look really interesting, but man that battery life is so last gen, the N400 can get you 12 hours, whilst MTW2 can get you 24h...
They are master slave unfortunately. Crinacle rates N400 as his favorite TWS. But lack of warranty, poor battery life and lack of APTX are definitely big cons. The app also shows wrong model(at times) for earbuds and you can't control the buds anymore but that I guess they may fix in future update. The graph shows they should have lower quantity of bass than the MT2 and treble also seems a little recessed from the graph.

Jul 12, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #23,426 of 62,422
So I he

Are you referring to case battery life?

Jul 12, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #23,427 of 62,422
They are master slave unfortunately. Crinacle rates N400 as his favorite TWS. But lack of warranty, poor battery life and lack of APTX are definitely big cons. The app also shows wrong model(at times) for earbuds and you can't control the buds anymore but that I guess they may fix in future update. The graph shows they should have lower quantity of bass than the MT2 and treble also seems a little recessed from the graph.
Right, cause Crinnacle only rates on sound. Feature wise, they are somewhat of a let down considering how amazing the Buds+ are.

Jul 12, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #23,428 of 62,422

Ah damn, even if they sound better all the cons is not worth it I think, not for me at least... Even tho it got some upsides like wireless charging and IP7X rating.

But above all else Bluetooth 5.2 is just around the corner, not sure If I can bring myself to purchace another new pair of TWS at this point :/.

BT 5.2 will standardise so many features like independent connection, high quality codec etc

Are you referring to case battery life?

Yepp, obviously I'd be fine with 12 hours in most scenarious, I'm more worried about long term battery health, a 30% reduction from 24h will feel a lot less compared to 30% reduction from 12h.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #23,430 of 62,422
Ah damn, even if they sound better all the cons is not worth it I think, not for me at least... Even tho it got some upsides like wireless charging and IP7X rating.

But above all else Bluetooth 5.2 is just around the corner, not sure If I can bring myself to purchace another new pair of TWS at this point :/.

BT 5.2 will standardise so many features like independent connection, high quality codec etc

Yepp, obviously I'd be fine with 12 hours in most scenarious, I'm more worried about long term battery health, a 30% reduction from 24h will feel a lot less compared to 30% reduction from 12h.
Exactly. Same with the actual earbud batteries - something like the Buds+ is 11-13 hours, so even a 50% reduction makes them 5-6 hours, which is still very useable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back