Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 26, 2020 at 5:31 AM Post #22,921 of 62,145
Thanks for the review. How do these feel? I have the SoundPeats for conference calls, and I find that they cause my ears to ache after an hour or so.
These are more comfortable to me than the SoundPEATS Truebuds and TrueAir, as they are more mininal around the stem. I can hang them in my ears and not notice them after a while.

Awesome! I've been looking for a premium half in ear for such a long time and had settled in ambient mode being my best hope at something similar!

Every website I've seen with the Foil CC for sale claims it has active noise reduction... Being half in ear I don't expect it to be amazing, but did you notice of they isolate better than your other half in ear sets?
Well, there are half-in-ears that put through more surrounding noises, so I guess this has a relative okay noise isolation for half-in-ears. However, I guess they mean active noise reduction during phone calls. And yes - it does that. You may have to warn people with these that you're still on the line. That's how silent surrounding noises can be during calls. Really impressive.

By the way - I think the Mpow M30 is one of the best sounding wireless earbuds under $50 now. More of you had a chance to listen to it?

Mpow M30 review Mpow M30 review vs.jpg

Jun 26, 2020 at 6:02 AM Post #22,922 of 62,145
How would you compare your L2Ps To the bowmaker ? I love the sq of the anker. Do the bowmakers compete?

The Bomaker are not in the same class in terms of SQ as the L2P, I don't think many are ! They're not unpleasant by any means but are "duller" over all and I wouldn't use them for "critical listening" in a quiet environment. Having said that they serve a very different purpose, terrific isolation and fit (best fitting TWEs for my ears) with a fit that practically never breaks, that's priceless and great for bike riding in the boonies which is what you're after.

@"those who missed the MW07 Plus like me" - watch Jimmy's review (that I had missed somehow) and you'll likely feel better :wink:

Besides I'll have an excuse to try the SP800N !

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2020 at 6:42 AM Post #22,923 of 62,145
@"those who missed the MW07 Plus like me" - watch Jimmy's review (that I had missed somehow) and you'll likely feel better :wink:

You can buy MW07 Go for 100$ cheaper and still sound as good without ANC. I watched Jimmy review, but you'd better try it by yourself instead of listening to others. To my ears SMTW is warmer and more bunchy, but MW07 soundstage and airness WITHOUT treble fatiguing won it over me. I tried ANC TWS like Sony, SMTW before, they are good but not groundbreaking for me. MW07 Go passive isolation is already good enough and they just fantastic.

Jun 26, 2020 at 7:58 AM Post #22,924 of 62,145
Master & Dynamic position themselves as a luxury brand and it's easy enough to argue against buying into them, especially in this pandemic where not many may have the means to splash out $200-300 on designer audio gear.

That said, I've come across several user reviews all over the 'net saying the Go/Plus do possess an unique sound and if you're into this TWS stuff (as we all are), I still think it's worth checking them out.

Jun 26, 2020 at 8:16 AM Post #22,925 of 62,145
The Bomaker are not in the same class in terms of SQ as the L2P, I don't think many are ! They're not unpleasant by any means but are "duller" over all and I wouldn't use them for "critical listening" in a quiet environment. Having said that they serve a very different purpose, terrific isolation and fit (best fitting TWEs for my ears) with a fit that practically never breaks, that's priceless and great for bike riding in the boonies which is what you're after.

Besides I'll have an excuse to try the SP800N !

To be honest I wouldn't base my decision on one review. The MW07 Plus seem to be one of the better reviewed models when looking at different sources.

Jun 26, 2020 at 9:08 AM Post #22,928 of 62,145
You can buy MW07 Go for 100$ cheaper and still sound as good without ANC. I watched Jimmy review, but you'd better try it by yourself instead of listening to others. To my ears SMTW is warmer and more bunchy, but MW07 soundstage and airness WITHOUT treble fatiguing won it over me. I tried ANC TWS like Sony, SMTW before, they are good but not groundbreaking for me. MW07 Go passive isolation is already good enough and they just fantastic.

I think the differences in MTW vs. MW07 Go complement each other quite well, which is why I have and use both (only have MTW Gen 1). Agree that the Senn MTW is warmer but it also has the ability to EQ via the app and sounds great. I wish M&D had an app with EQ for the MW07 Go. They do have very different sound signatures and I am happy with both, although my MTW's case battery seems to finally be degrading.

Jun 26, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #22,929 of 62,145
I certainly wasn't dissing the MW07 Plus, just helping those like me who missed out move on from the disappointment :wink: Actually the reason I missed out on the deal is I couldn't decide between the PLUS and the GO..and remembered I have the L2P (on top of my daily Echobuds/SiFI II drivers) and I'm not sure the GO is really a lot "better" than the L2Ps ?

Jun 26, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #22,931 of 62,145
How would you compare your L2Ps To the bowmaker ? I love the sq of the anker. Do the bowmakers compete?
I can only comment on the fit of the Bomaker Sifi 2, if that is what you are considering. I returned mine to Amazon because I couldn't get them to fit right. For me, I always need the larger ear tip and a deep fit. The large tip on the Bomaker wasn't deep fitting enough and I could not get a good (or even decent) seal unless I physically pressed them into my ears while listening. The most frustrating thing about the SiFi 2 is the stupid case. If you want to use any tips other than the stock tips the come with it, forget it. Any tip that is even just a hair deeper or wider than the large stock tip, will not allow the earbud to charge and you won't be able to close the case. To me, this is a deal breaker and I have not idea why they designed a case that is so unforgiving. For reference, the earbuds I currently have that fit me good are Fiil T1x, Haylou GT1 Plus, KZ 1Z, and Tranya B530.

Jun 26, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #22,932 of 62,145
Gearbest has a flash sale of " FIIL CC Airoha 1536 Bluetooth 5.0 TWS Earphones". New model? Although I really like a design with "stem", I cannot really understand the high price point. Apart from "German design" I find nothing special, the app will probably only be Chinese? At least an EQ can be seen.

Has anyone insight into reasons for delay of the Earfun Air sales launch supposed to start early June? Last month, Earfun customers got big discount offers for early bird purchases, but then only a few were sold. I hope there are no quality (-control) issues, The Air should have been my next TWS order.

Jun 26, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #22,933 of 62,145
Without reading this entire thread... I wonder about updates to the experiences with V Moda's Bassfit (or Forza Metallo). I want the best with:
-- wear like a necklace (more room for battery + less likely to lose / get knocked off)
-- good (dangling) microphone
-- a top audio codec (seems no lossless via bluetooth yet, but close is OK)

I'm coming from Beats X, which I only bought because I was in a pinch.
Thanks audiophiles! :)

Edit. Another potential candidate:
https://usa.1more.com/collections/headphones/bluetooth-headphones

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back