Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 26, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #22,937 of 62,452
https://crinacle.com/2020/06/25/akg-n400-review-the-better-galaxy-buds/

Looks like Crinacle has a new favourite. They're on Amazon.com for $190, not sure when they actually launched. Theres a few middling reviews but mostly complaining about the app, will be interesting to see what people think of them If anyone picks them up.
Nice. These look compelling. I'm gonna try them and compare them to the Sony Sp800n. ANC plus IPX7 and Crinnacle's seal of approval. Pricey but whatever. Maybe they'll beat the mighty MTW2. Edit: That's a pretty damn glowing review by Crinacle. Wow. Comparing them favorably to mid level wired IEMS. I'm giddy with anticipation.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #22,938 of 62,452
Hey guys!!! Man I haven’t used my TWS in over a year. Syllable I’ve used once in a while for TV or phone, but not music. Charged them all up and put them in my bag this week. I really miss them. Nothing new bought either. If Anbes ever return with a new model I might bite. Perhaps 6.0? What are the current top budget TWS $15-30 right now?

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #22,941 of 62,452
Anyone know if Target is the only major retailer that sells the white version of the Sony WF-SP800n?i
Hey dude you’re still here? Cool. Any good TWS in the classic Anbes style? Looks like they are now making smartwatches now:
Anbes Smart Watch for Android Phones and Compatible with iPhone Samsung, IP68 Waterproof Health Tracker Smartwatch with Heart Rate Monitor Calorie Counter Sleep Monitor for Women Men https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0816D8DZT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_tyK9EbATVY1RP

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #22,942 of 62,452
lc1jxVX.jpg

just got these. first impressions... it's like creative outlier air, but at half the price and with touch controls? (but no volume controls) the shape and fit of the earbuds are very very similar to the outlier just smaller (outlier still has a more stable fit for my ears). it has similar up to 10hr battery life rating, same qcc3020 chipset too. Case is plastic and has a more traditional flip open case (with spring loaded mechanism which shows battery percentage when opened), but it's smaller and more pocketable. USB-C charging too. the plastic feels to be slightly better in quality compared to something like the haylou gt1 too.

sound wise it's pretty decent too. pretty inoffensive V-shaped sound. No harsh treble and upper mids isn't too shouty. lower mids can sound a bit recessed though, and the elevated bass probably doesn't help. Not to say it's bloated though. Bass still sounds tight and has a nice punch without overdoing it.Overall a smooth and maybe slightly warm sound. I like it more than the Outlier Air/Gold which can be a bit hot in the treble for me, and maybe a bit too bassy. This is not fatiguing to listen to and i think will work really well at higher volume too when jogging for example. Seems pretty decent for the price.
Great, now I feel I need them. And here I thought I was finally coming off my addiction...

Jun 26, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #22,943 of 62,452
Great, now I feel I need them. And here I thought I was finally coming off my addiction...
Haha ah man how what is the count now?

Jun 26, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #22,944 of 62,452
Hey guys!!! Man I haven’t used my TWS in over a year. Syllable I’ve used once in a while for TV or phone, but not music. Charged them all up and put them in my bag this week. I really miss them. Nothing new bought either. If Anbes ever return with a new model I might bite. Perhaps 6.0? What are the current top budget TWS $15-30 right now?
Looks like the MPOW M30 is getting some good reviews, one by @Bartig in particular.

Currently listed for $29.

Jun 26, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #22,945 of 62,452
Anyone know if Target is the only major retailer that sells the white version of the Sony WF-SP800n?
Yep, I believe they are. I'm not sure if it's an official exclusive, but I have not see it anywhere else in terms of an authorized retailer.

Are you looking to pick them up? I like them quite a bit and calls work better compared to the XM3 which make you sound a little muffled.

Jun 26, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #22,946 of 62,452
Yep, I believe they are. I'm not sure if it's an official exclusive, but I have not see it anywhere else in terms of an authorized retailer.

Are you looking to pick them up? I like them quite a bit and calls work better compared to the XM3 which make you sound a little muffled.
I only saw them at target as well. They look quite nice. If you can live with Blue, I might have a barely used set available for a discount if you can wait until Sunday/Monday. The wind noise on the bike may be a deal breaker for me. Gonna give them another test.

Jun 26, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #22,947 of 62,452
The Bomaker are not in the same class in terms of SQ as the L2P, I don't think many are ! They're not unpleasant by any means but are "duller" over all and I wouldn't use them for "critical listening" in a quiet environment. Having said that they serve a very different purpose, terrific isolation and fit (best fitting TWEs for my ears) with a fit that practically never breaks, that's priceless and great for bike riding in the boonies which is what you're after.

@"those who missed the MW07 Plus like me" - watch Jimmy's review (that I had missed somehow) and you'll likely feel better :wink:

Besides I'll have an excuse to try the SP800N !

When I posted Jimmy's review link this AM ^ above, I tried to comment that there were problems with his review, but they got lost somehow.

What I lost:

(1) I wrote with the right tips the ANC works better than what he described. It does make fans and running water in the same room fade noticeably into the background, and the clothes washer running in the other room disappears completely. I felt he had a bad seal.

(2) I am experiencing ZERO noticeable latency or lag with YouTube on MacBook AptX or iPhone SBC connections.

Also, (3) I found his comments about them having less bass and ANC to definitely indicate that he doesn't have a good seal - the wings on one of his ear pieces was also not installed properly and could result in a worse seal. These have great bass without EQ, but they didn't have bass with the medium tips that came installed.

EDIT - It looks like when I pasted in the second video link that my comments about Jimmy's video must have been highlighted and got overwritten by what I added.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #22,948 of 62,452
I think the differences in MTW vs. MW07 Go complement each other quite well, which is why I have and use both (only have MTW Gen 1). Agree that the Senn MTW is warmer but it also has the ability to EQ via the app and sounds great. I wish M&D had an app with EQ for the MW07 Go. They do have very different sound signatures and I am happy with both, although my MTW's case battery seems to finally be degrading.

Yeah, I mentioned yesterday that you can EQ the MTW rev1 to sound more like the MW07+, and that goes for the XM3 too, making them both more lively sounding. I'm pretty sure I would NOT change anything to the MW07+ sound with an EQ, so I don't miss not having an app. They are already so dynamic and engaging without EQ.

I also don't get any BT disconnections with the MW07+ or MTW, unlike my XM3 that mess up about once a day.

Jun 26, 2020 at 4:53 PM Post #22,949 of 62,452
These are more comfortable to me than the SoundPEATS Truebuds and TrueAir, as they are more mininal around the stem. I can hang them in my ears and not notice them after a while.

Well, there are half-in-ears that put through more surrounding noises, so I guess this has a relative okay noise isolation for half-in-ears. However, I guess they mean active noise reduction during phone calls. And yes - it does that. You may have to warn people with these that you're still on the line. That's how silent surrounding noises can be during calls. Really impressive.

By the way - I think the Mpow M30 is one of the best sounding wireless earbuds under $50 now. More of you had a chance to listen to it?

Mpow M30 review Mpow M30 review vs.jpg
You made me buy them. I hope you're happy with yourself.
1593204819275.png

Jun 26, 2020 at 5:04 PM Post #22,950 of 62,452
Decided to skip the whole TWS craze and stick with wired Chi-Fi iems (and over-ear BT cans) till I suddenly got annoyed by the heat and wires (working from home). No idea why I didn't give this a shot before.

Looked at a graphs to see what sound signature I might prefer and got the Samsung GBuds+ (a week ago) and now the Tevi (today).

Quick takeaways:
  1. Samsung's engineering is amazing. The GBuds+ are clearly the better package physically (got the BestBuy aura blues and they're sexy).
  2. The GBuds+ touch controls are far easier to use than the Tevi's tactile buttons. Not the biggest deal to me since I almost never use them.
  3. Samsung is really turning into the next Apple. The lack of Apt-X and locking SBC at 37 (out of 53) Bitpool is clearly to force users into their proprietary codec (and their phones). Basically ensures that unless you own a Samsung device, the Buds+ are a non-starter.
  4. Apt-X vs bad SBC is instantly noticeable! I didn't think it would be so clearly noticeable. Seems that Windows 10 will connect via Apt-X as long as you have a 4.0+ dongle (even if it's not Apt-X certified).
  5. They both have pretty similar sound signature (because that's what I was looking for). I prefer the Gbuds+ (on clear) but the difference isn't significant enough to pick one over the other. I'd say the Tevis come out on top with their app (equalizer). They just need to get it on iOS. The Tevis seem like the GBuds+ on Dynamic.
  6. Both very comfortable and easy to get a seal. However, the Tevis are 1.5g lighter and definitely feel lighter (noticed the weight difference and weighed them).
  7. The Tevis have better range and a better microphone by far. Not even CLOSE. However, the Tevi only has one mic between the two pairs which is kind of an odd choice.
  8. Samsung's case is so much smaller but the Tevis give you much more of a recharge (22 vs 70). I'd say it's a wash. Both last around 10 hours so battery life is a wash.
  9. Tevis don't have audio passthrough but I never bother with that. Something to keep in mind if you use it.
  10. One major win for the GBuds+ is that you don't need to disconnect from one device to connect to the other. Connect from your new device and they jump right over.
I think Samsung made a real miss-step with their codec choices (see #2). For $60 less, it's a real conundrum as to which one goes back. Leaning towards keeping the Tevi at the moment (as the majority of my use is with a Windows machine and iPhone). I think Apt-X would have made the GBuds+ a no brainer (total shame).

I'll probably stop here and wait for what BT 5.2 will bring. Very excited about the future of TWS. I don't have a wired pair with me to compare but the convenience is definitely worth whatever hit there is in audio quality I think.

Buds.jpg
GBuds+ Codecs:
Galaxy Buds Bluetooth.png

Tevi Codecs:
TEVI Bluetooth.png

Edit: the two screenshots show why SBC on the GBuds+ is worse. Samsung sets Bitpool to 37 (160kbps) vs the max 53 (~330kbps).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back