Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 25, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #22,908 of 62,423
You still get wind noise if you turn off ANC ? I suppose the fact that they stick out doesn't help...although the MTW2 don't stick out and with ANC off there is still more wind noise than with non Ambient/ANC TWS like say the Bomaker SiFi II. I suppose the mics they use for ANC might not be completely off, or there holes might be letting in some wind ? Since you asked about the SiFi II I prefer them to the FiLL T1X mainly because of their stellar fit and ability to not loose the seal whatever I do, even sweat profusely on the home trainer.

@ HeadphoneAddict - thanks for the additional thoughts on the MW07 Plus, I think I'm going to give them a try, even if ambient and ANC are "so, so", still better than the L2Ps that don't have either, they take Paypal and have a 14 day return policy too so why not !

EDIT - Cr@p, the code is no longer valid :frowning2:

How would you compare your L2Ps To the bowmaker ? I love the sq of the anker. Do the bowmakers compete?

Jun 25, 2020 at 7:42 PM Post #22,909 of 62,423
I bought a pair of Powerbeats Pros and I'm still having trouble getting any kind of decent seal. So far, my best option has been the largest tips and they kind of sit on the outside of my ear canal and seal OK until I run - and then the seal breaks and they sound like a $5 tinny set. I would appreciate any suggestions. Also, what is the largest 3rd party tip anyone has ever seen that would be available to purchase on Amazon?
I had the same issues until I started messing around with the wings. If they press to hard they will break your seal. I took awhile tell I found the perfect fit. Now I just grab them out and plug them in my ears. Believe me, they have a lot of bass.

Jun 25, 2020 at 8:12 PM Post #22,911 of 62,423
Also, I picked up my Jabra 75ts today. I like them a lot more than my 65ts. These have Skull shaking bass! Had to turn that down a bit. I like how easy the button is to push, just like my power beats pro. So far so good!
Have you tried the Sony WF-SP800N? Those have some nice, textured bass.

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:21 PM Post #22,914 of 62,423
You still get wind noise if you turn off ANC ? I suppose the fact that they stick out doesn't help...although the MTW2 don't stick out and with ANC off there is still more wind noise than with non Ambient/ANC TWS like say the Bomaker SiFi II. I suppose the mics they use for ANC might not be completely off, or there holes might be letting in some wind ? Since you asked about the SiFi II I prefer them to the FiLL T1X mainly because of their stellar fit and ability to not loose the seal whatever I do, even sweat profusely on the home trainer.

@ HeadphoneAddict - thanks for the additional thoughts on the MW07 Plus, I think I'm going to give them a try, even if ambient and ANC are "so, so", still better than the L2Ps that don't have either, they take Paypal and have a 14 day return policy too so why not !

EDIT - Cr@p, the code is no longer valid :frowning2:

I now have my MTW and XM3 EQ'd to sound more like my M&D MW07 Plus, LOL. I hadn't messed with the XM3 EQ except for the clearbass (usually between +3 to +8), but now I added some treble for clarity.

I could play with EQ on the Jabra 75t but I think I'm already happy with the settings that I posted here the other day. However, the GBuds+ are a lost cause as far as EQ is concerned, unless using Apple Music and the "treble reducer" EQ in iPhone settings.

I tried my AirPods Pro after a long hiatus and thought, "Hmmm,l these are better than I remember" in the sense that they don't do anything offensive. But in comparison to the MW07 Plus that I tried immediately afterwards (or EQ'd XM3) the APP are just a little "meh" sounding. The APP are my favorite for phone calls with transparency mode on, but that's it. I don't think EQ would improve anything - they're just slightly artificial sounding and not as dynamic as the other brands.

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:36 PM Post #22,915 of 62,423
The case looks quite nice and is a matte finish, which I prefer, so at least the case will likely be less likely to scratch and be a fingerprint magnet over time. The earbuds, a little mixed on those. I think the whole package looks great, but not sure about the big 0.95 on the side of the earbuds.

Yeah, but you knew about the big 0.95 when you opted for them. The black quartz looks like real stone to me, and a little more high-end I think. Today I dropped my right one about 1.5 feet onto the floor air-conditioner and heater vent's metal grate, and it didn't leave a single mark on it and they work fine. The Leica version just looked like a softer material in the pictures, and although I'm a Leica owner I didn't want the styling in my IEM.

I wore the MW07+ on a walk with my dog for a mile in ambient mode, and I didn't hear my feet thumping inside my head, and I was even able to hear birds chirping and talk to a neighbor who was 30 feet away with minimal occlusion. APP transparency is better, but this is good enough. I like that Ambient has sooo much less hiss than the Jabra 75t, and I think it's actually working about as well as XM3 with the Ambient set for 18/20.

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #22,916 of 62,423
Nooooooo! I was going to buy something else, I just couldn't figure out what yet!

As far as returns, so far so good. In addition to the MW07 Plus, I purchased the MW65 , but there were some issues with imbalanced ANC (stronger on right side vs. left), stronger driver flex on left side, and mismatched drivers (left was clearer, right had stronger bass). I sent a request for return and received a response the next day with a pre-paid label.

So, you did a return rather than an exchange? I bet if you explain that you wanted to re-purchase them at the same price they would give you a one time use code.

Jun 26, 2020 at 1:40 AM Post #22,917 of 62,423
These mothers look interesting. I need a pair for the pool in Hawaii. Anyone try them yet?
https://www.amazon.com/Jabees-Waterproof-Cancelling-Microphones-Qi-Enabled/dp/B07Z8QSXX3/
I tried the first Firefly and absolutely hated them. The fit was awful, the button was stiff and didn't work more than half the time, and the mids were totally blown out. Upside down V signature. This was before I had an effective EQ solution so I don't know if they're tamable, but I also was fairly disappointed and sent them back almost immediately. These look a little more interesting and like they would at least fit better, but $100 for pool buds without aptX seems a bit steep.
I had the Firefly Pro which is pretty much the same design as the first one but with the Qi charging case like this one. The fit didn't bother me much, but I did notice they were a bit more comfortable when flipped (the housings are mostly symmetrical but nozzle tilted slightly one way). They were my daily driver until I misplaced the buds (still have the case). Ambient sound was helpful but only because the passive isolation was not good to begin with. The mid-bass was very punchy though I didn't find it muffled - overall a fun and lively sound without really drowning the highs and decent soundstage, but it did not respond well to EQ. I was told by Jabees the sound quality isn't much different between the Firefly and Firefly Pro, but that the Firefly.2 has a different tuning. They all have a USB Type-C port, but it is a "fake" port as it doesn't charge with C2C cables.

Still curious what chip they have use, I'm guessing Airoha as they have a very good dual-channel mode, and the connection with AAC on my phone is very stable. However, SBC had distortion, more latency and distortion, especially on Windows 10. They are firmware upgradeable which fixed a number of issues and removed the SBC distortion but the connection and latency was still mediocre.

Jun 26, 2020 at 3:26 AM Post #22,918 of 62,423
Didn't get to put an order in for the MW07+ before the code expired, bleh. Looking around the 'net it seems M&D have been dropping codes quite often during the pandemic, let's hope another code comes by soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back