Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 5, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #22,456 of 62,439
Set the EQ to what sounds best for you. Most people need different EQ from other people, unless there is something seriously wrong with the IEM that needs to be fixed. And the Momentum is not said to have anything seriously wrong.
I dont have a picture but I move the dot up slightly and to the right slightly. I find a little bit of table boost brightens them up nicely and removes the hint of muddieness on flat.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200605-201517_Smart Control.jpg
    Screenshot_20200605-201517_Smart Control.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 0
Jun 5, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #22,457 of 62,439
Had the Jabra Elite Active 75T delivered this morning and have had a couple of hours listening while out walking the dog!

My experience of true wireless earphones is lacking compared to others and have only been trying them out for the last 2-3 months.
So far I have tried and returned or sold - Cambridge Melomenia, Samsung Galaxy Buds+ and the Mifo 07.

To be honest I wasn't overly impressed with any of them, the fit was an issue with all and sound I found was also lacking for different reasons on all 3.

The Jabra 75t on early impressions seems to be the exception for me. First off the build quality is excellent, nice materials and a nice feel in the hand, the fit is more or less perfect with supplied medium tips. Walked around town this afternoon and through the local park without the need to readjust the fit.

The app is excellent, easy to set up and use.

Sound quality is so far the best I've heard in my limited experience of wireless earphones. Very brief description, mids and high are both smooth and detailed with a nice crispness to the presentation, the bass is strong, to my ears it's not overwhelming. It sounds stronger when I'm sat in the house however out walking it doesn't appear as strong or prominent.

With a little EQ my Jabra 75t do now sound better than my GBuds+, and with over 24 hours of burn-in over the past 3 weeks the bass has become tighter, less boomy, and more controlled.

NOW, my current issue is that some of the older EQ settings that I saved are no longer valid, as I get to turn up the bass slightly over time and resave the EQ with a new name, because I can't figure out how to delete saved EQ settings that I no longer use. EDIT - . I'm up to "Usual Bass 5" as the name of my latest saved EQ name...

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #22,458 of 62,439
With a little EQ my Jabra 75t do now sound better than my GBuds+, and with over 24 hours of burn-in over the past 3 weeks the bass has become tighter, less boomy, and more controlled.

NOW, my current issue is that some of the older EQ settings that I saved are no longer valid, as I get to turn up the bass slightly over time and resave the EQ with a new name, because I can't figure out how to delete saved EQ settings that I no longer use. EDIT - . I'm up to "Usual Bass 5" as the name of my latest saved EQ name...
I had a little play around with the EQ and was quite impressed with the difference it made to the sound.

I'm really impressed them, far better than I was expecting.

Jun 5, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #22,460 of 62,439
Personally, I think there's stall a ways to go before wireless replaces wired. This being said, wireless is so darn convenient. I enjoy my LYPERTEK TEVI - True Wireless Earbuds. They're about $90, comfortable, and sound fine.

Jun 5, 2020 at 6:33 PM Post #22,461 of 62,439
Anyone have the BGVP Q2? Massdrop has them for a low price of 75. Look intriguing not so much for the wired option but rather for the 2 BA drivers. I'm on the fence.

Jun 5, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #22,462 of 62,439
Personally, I think there's stall a ways to go before wireless replaces wired. This being said, wireless is so darn convenient. I enjoy my LYPERTEK TEVI - True Wireless Earbuds. They're about $90, comfortable, and sound fine.

I also rate the Tevi's very highly indeed. Extremely detailed, dynamic, neutral and loud!!!

Superb value for money.

Jun 5, 2020 at 11:48 PM Post #22,463 of 62,439
Has anyone heard anything from the house of BOSE, specifically when the heck they finally get their ANC buds out there? Really has been a while since announcement, was it last September? I am so ready to throw money in their direction, I even found myself wondering if I should get a 3rd pair of the SSF, because 'orange' ... pretty ... also: 159€

I think the pandemic and the terrible shipping from China has weened me off my cheap chifi tws addiction ... i still have several 'in the mail' (or lost at sea?) from the end of March sale ... they keep pushing the buyer protection time and all I can do is wait ... by now those are old, and / or cheaper ...

So, I have been looking at some older 'higher level' buds and I recall that the CA Melomania 1 usually was highly praised around here ... have a chance to get them for 92€ ... with amazon return advantages ... shall I?
I just so happened to email Bose last week with the same question and there response was"they have no date of when they will be released. It seems like they are in no hurry to get them released. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't happen this year.

Jun 6, 2020 at 12:14 AM Post #22,464 of 62,439
Jun 6, 2020 at 12:55 AM Post #22,465 of 62,439
I'm wondering if anyone is having channel imbalance and/or desync issues with the Buds+? Out of the box I thought the left side had more mids than the right, but not as bad as some of the other TWS I had previously bought (Sabbat E12, Tronsmart Onyx Neo). Sometimes after a disconnect or poor connection, it seems like the Buds+ also sounds more boomy and wider, maybe the left and right channels are desyncing. The measurements on RTINGs do seem to agree with my impressions of where the imbalance is occurring but seems more subtle than what I was hearing. However, sometimes putting them in the case and re-connecting seems to make them sound more balanced and usually I'm not bothered by it.

What's the latest rendition of the UFO TWS or something similar in ergonomics? AptX and a true USB Type-C connection or Qi charging is preferable. I pulled mine out recently - great soundstage and quite clean with SBC but still annoyed that the right side lacks treble compared to the left (foam helps a bit).

I see many complaints about the Song X not being fulfilled and the Indiegogo campaign being "closed". The DSI ANC earbud also seems down the drain as well. I'll give them the benefit of doubt if they get around to shipping them but so far I'm glad I didn't back them...

Jun 6, 2020 at 3:44 AM Post #22,466 of 62,439
Hi All,

Looking for a TWS pair for calls only (good mic in quiet and crowded situations), as have cabled IEMs for music.

All the good ones seem big and protrude out of the ear a lot, so looking for the best pair up to £100, that are good with voice calls, have active cancellation (if possible), and don’t protrude.

I saw the FIIL T1X gets good reviews on the scarbir list but can’t find in stock in the UK at the moment, and a 20 to 40 day shipping on Aliexpress. What alternatives can you recommend? I read the Shanling MTW100 Balanced Armature is great for sound but the microphones aren’t good. The Cambridge Audios looks as though they stick out a lot too.

Saw the Tronsmart Onyx Neo recommended elsewhere too, and see there’s a newer Onyx Free version but it seems bigger.

Thanks!
For calls only, the Plantronics Backbeat pro 5100 is a great option. If your carrier uses HD voice then that's also compatible on the Backbeat pro. and they're small, the case charges via micro usb but they last 6.5 hours, and can be used individually.

Jun 6, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #22,467 of 62,439
Damn. I mean, I prefer an iPhone over Android so it is what it is, until now I've only used wired headphones so... no problems in that regard.
I was thinking about ordering a pair of WH MX3's as a portable headphones too, may I face that problem too? And the Nuarl? :<

I don't understand why they make earphones that doesn't work properly with the codecs of the most sold smartphone brand in the world (kinda of lol). What a cruel world.

Thanks for your patience!
@HeadphoneAddict has an iPhone, and uses the N6 Pro and enjoys the sq with them he's said in several posts throughout this thread. as far as companies not making something compatible with IOS devices, many do with AAC. obviously AAC works well for most use cases, and Apple implements it well throughout the entire Ecosystem. while objectively APTX has the potential to sound better, it doesn't always for several possible reasons. The TWE's OEM may not have implemented APTX correctly, so it might not sound as it should generally. Or the same could be said for the phone OEM for any codec. There are several other reasons to point out as well, so i'll just say, it would be nice if Apple, Qualcom, Huawei, LG, Xiaomi, BBK with their respective brands, sony A&K, Fiio etc; came together and set standards for each codec, then the TWE OEM's could follow those standards, then our discussions on these products would be refined significantly and we'd just be talking about things like, Fit and our sound preferences and SQ in general. Since that hasn't happened, i think Apple uses SBC and AAC only for a similar reason they only use iMessage. Build around 1 platform or in the case of Bluetooth audio; build around 1 codec, to create a mor consistent experience for the masses. using SBC is part of the standard bluetooth stack just like using group or MMS messages is part of basic messaging. Just to complete my analogy.

Jun 6, 2020 at 5:39 AM Post #22,468 of 62,439
looks like my 1st gen MTW are starting to lose their longevity in the battery department. The last 3 times i've used them this week, with the case fully charged, i've gotten just a hair over 3.5 hours, then 2.5 hours, then i recharged the case again and the 3rd time just a hair over 2.5 hours. Until this week, i've been able to get 5 hours or close to it each time when i listen to them till they die. And this is at 65-70% volume. Bummer too, because the drivers sure have aged well. By far these get used mor than anything else i currently own but still. i thought this would be something i'd be saying maybe 2.5-3 years in, not at 18 months.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #22,469 of 62,439
looks like my 1st gen MTW are starting to lose their longevity in the battery department. The last 3 times i've used them this week, with the case fully charged, i've gotten just a hair over 3.5 hours, then 2.5 hours, then i recharged the case again and the 3rd time just a hair over 2.5 hours. Until this week, i've been able to get 5 hours or close to it each time when i listen to them till they die. And this is at 65-70% volume. Bummer too, because the drivers sure have aged well. By far these get used mor than anything else i currently own but still. i thought this would be something i'd be saying maybe 2.5-3 years in, not at 18 months.
My MTWs still have around 4 hours but the case is broke and they case only holds a charge for about 2.5 days. I was gonna see if they would give me a replacement as they still are on the 2 year warranty window.

Jun 6, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #22,470 of 62,439
I'm wondering if anyone is having channel imbalance and/or desync issues with the Buds+? Out of the box I thought the left side had more mids than the right, but not as bad as some of the other TWS I had previously bought (Sabbat E12, Tronsmart Onyx Neo). Sometimes after a disconnect or poor connection, it seems like the Buds+ also sounds more boomy and wider, maybe the left and right channels are desyncing. The measurements on RTINGs do seem to agree with my impressions of where the imbalance is occurring but seems more subtle than what I was hearing. However, sometimes putting them in the case and re-connecting seems to make them sound more balanced and usually I'm not bothered by it.
I don't have the GB+ (yet) so I can't comment on the general imbalance, but I've had that disconnect/reconnect "boomy" - I'm not sure that's the right word, but I do know what you mean - it's like you're suddenly listening to cheap on-ears - with TWS+ earbuds. I think this is a quirk of the QC tech. Could be a desync problem, dunno, but none of my buds using non-QC chips do this.

What phone are you using? If you are on a Galaxy or Note 9 or higher you can try to jimmy the adaptive sound settings to temper the mids on the left side. But if the two buds really sound noticably different, I'd return or warranty them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back