Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 31, 2020 at 5:22 AM Post #22,336 of 63,029
Just got my Surface Earbuds

It's quite decent, powerful sound and a bit bassy. More importantly, it is very comfortable to wear for hours and surprisingly pretty secure despite the earbuds fit.

can you snap a picture of it on the ear? i kinda like the round form factor, like the pixel buds, but a bit hesitant on how it would actually look when worn :sweat_smile:

May 31, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #22,337 of 63,029
For harman target fans, here are my 1000xm3 settings.

Screenshot_20200531-145136.png

The result:
Screenshot_20200531-144612.png

May 31, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #22,339 of 63,029
Anyone had a chance to check MW07GO from Master Dynamic? I'm in love with this one for sports, but there's a bigger brother, MW07 PLUS that sounds even better out there, and my video about that will be coming soon as well. Until then, here's the MW07Go for you, please leave a comment on how you'd like to see me improving my content if you have something you want to tell me! :)

May 31, 2020 at 9:19 PM Post #22,341 of 63,029
Tranya-B530-PRO-TWS-Earbuds-Earphones-Wireless-Bluetooth-5-IPX-aptX-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-19.jpg

BTW2 : Notes from Audiophile-Heaven: The best cheapest most inexpensive TWS right now

KZ Z1 - Good all-rounder. Terrible hissing all the time, and ugly looks in green

Tranya B530 PRO - amazing all-rounder, no real cons, besides the horrible touch controls that I just can't keep myself from touching while handling them

Pamu Unique - Slightly less irritating touch controls, but where both Z1 and B530 PRO are V-Shaped, and have great detail, Pamu Unique is Balanced, slightly mid forward, really audiophile sound from a company that is really not known at all

More news to come from time to time, as I discover new stuff

May 31, 2020 at 9:37 PM Post #22,342 of 63,029
I've read the last 15 pages, still reading but

Looking for a pair of true wireless, I've almost decided on Jabra elite / elite active 75t but then I saw a ton of reviews of people returning them after a while because the left earbud doesn't work properly due master/slave link between them. ANC is appreciated but not mandatory. And it seems like a hardware issue so... RIP

Any other sugestions around 120-180€? Momentum 2 way too expensive (230€) and Galaxy Buds+ or Airpods Pro looks clearly inferior in terms of sound quality to the Jabra themselves according every review I read (even though I have and i11 Pro Max, I know the APP would work like a charm but I prefer better sound quality)

Is there any option I'm missing or recommendation? Thanks!

May 31, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #22,343 of 63,029
I just posted a Head-fi review for the 75t for those who are eyeing it!
DSCF5611.JPG
I hope this helps :)

Thanks for the review - I agreed with most of your thoughts.

Pros: - Tactile sub-bass, seismic in nature
- No bass bleed into the midrange
- Detailed sounding midrange
- Comfortable ergonomic shell shape, secure fit without ear fins
- Compact charging case
- Good features in Jabra Sound+ app
Cons: - Uncontrolled, woolly sub-bass
- Imbalance within bass region, hyper-boosted sub-bass and relatively tame mid-bass makes for an uneven timbre
- Tinny tonal quality
- Treble region could do with more definition
- Narrow-sounding headstage

The "Cons" in the sound can be improved noticeably with the EQ in the application. I use the "speech" EQ for normal listening, and the "neutral" EQ setting for lower volumes since that response is like a loudness control with great bass. For louder listening I'll turn up the 250Hz band on top of the "speech" or "treble boost" EQ, but make sure the highest frequency EQ is also turned down.

I like the fit, ergonomics, and features enough to overlook the sound that needs to be EQ'd, only because I paid $99 for refurbished on newegg, and not the full price. Otherwise the MTW or GBuds+ are a better value if your IEM must sound good and also have a transparency mode included.

May 31, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #22,344 of 63,029
Are there any buds with the shape and sound signature of the Spunkybeats but with an easy push-able button control like the 75t? I really love the Spunky's for how low profile they are but DAMN son, the push controls are a nightmare.

Last edited:
May 31, 2020 at 10:38 PM Post #22,345 of 63,029

Looking for a pair of true wireless, I've almost decided on Jabra elite / elite active 75t but then I saw a ton of reviews of people returning them after a while because the left earbud doesn't work properly due master/slave link between them. ANC is appreciated but not mandatory. And it seems like a hardware issue so... RIP

Any other sugestions around 120-180€? Momentum 2 way too expensive (230€) and Galaxy Buds+ or Airpods Pro looks clearly inferior in terms of sound quality to the Jabra themselves according every review I read (even though I have and i11 Pro Max, I know the APP would work like a charm but I prefer better sound quality)

The GBuds+ sound quality is more audiophile sounding, and definitely not inferior, vs the Jabra or AirPods Pro.

May 31, 2020 at 11:37 PM Post #22,346 of 63,029
Galaxy Buds+ or Airpods Pro looks clearly inferior in terms of sound quality to the Jabra themselves according every review I read

from the consensus of members in this thread, it seems the opposite... well unless for people who enjoy overwhelming amount of bass

Jun 1, 2020 at 12:31 AM Post #22,347 of 63,029

The Gbuds+ has more of a flat or neutral sound signature and not really inferior to the 75t imho. But then, it is only really shine when paired with samsung phone where it will use "scaleable" SBC codec which is superior to regular SBC imho.
For pure sound quality, get Nuarl N6 Pro. Can't go wrong with that one.

Jun 1, 2020 at 1:27 AM Post #22,348 of 63,029
Thanks for the review - I agreed with most of your thoughts.

Pros: - Tactile sub-bass, seismic in nature
- No bass bleed into the midrange
- Detailed sounding midrange
- Comfortable ergonomic shell shape, secure fit without ear fins
- Compact charging case
- Good features in Jabra Sound+ app
Cons: - Uncontrolled, woolly sub-bass
- Imbalance within bass region, hyper-boosted sub-bass and relatively tame mid-bass makes for an uneven timbre
- Tinny tonal quality
- Treble region could do with more definition
- Narrow-sounding headstage

The "Cons" in the sound can be improved noticeably with the EQ in the application. I use the "speech" EQ for normal listening, and the "neutral" EQ setting for lower volumes since that response is like a loudness control with great bass. For louder listening I'll turn up the 250Hz band on top of the "speech" or "treble boost" EQ, but make sure the highest frequency EQ is also turned down.

I like the fit, ergonomics, and features enough to overlook the sound that needs to be EQ'd, only because I paid $99 for refurbished on newegg, and not the full price. Otherwise the MTW or GBuds+ are a better value if your IEM must sound good and also have a transparency mode included.
Sounds like you've got an awesome deal there! Thanks for the tips, I'll give them a shot :)

Jun 1, 2020 at 1:32 AM Post #22,349 of 63,029
Thanks again to @Bartig. Just caught the news of the Bomaker Sifi II, read your review and bought straight away. Got 10% off Amazon UK until 7th June. Your description of the MkI matches what I heard and experienced so it was a no-brainer.

It sounds like the MkII has addressed some of the minor deficiencies in the sound, namely neutral bass and some sibilance particularly with female voices. I hope the call quality is as good as the Mk1. The other good news is that the case is now USB C and the faceplate is touch sensitive. I had to brace the MkI against my ear to press the button. I also haven't read about many TWS sets having volume control (I'm sure there are but it doesn't seem to be a standard feature).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back