Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 22, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #20,791 of 62,436
I've also struggled with my LG V30 and V50 for the default AAC until I found a solution online:

1. Change the codec to aptX in development version
2. Rename the TWS device, by adding "_NOAAC" (no quotation) at the end of the name.

Next time, The TWS will use aptX automatically.

Enjoy!
hey. Thanks so much for sharing this. i did this for the MTW, SiFi, Tranya B530 pro, Nuarl N6 pro and Spunky beats, in both those cases since they aren't labeled l&R, i was worried the phone might give me some error saying '_TRONSMART SPUNKYBEAT_NOAAC" already exists or something like that, but it didn't. But now goes to aptx whether i have 1 or both of any of those paired since labeled the L&R. Wish that were an option for the Sennheisers, but oh well. Rambly post over. thanks again!

Mar 22, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #20,794 of 62,436
The beauty of AptX is that it is AptX across devices. You know what your are getting. SBC can vary in quality according to implementation so you never quite know what you'll be getting.
Do you have an article to site by chance? i ask because i wouldn't be surprised if in theory it's supposed to be that way, E.g. qualcom's modems are capable of way faster speeds than what you see with any telecom, but at least part of that has to do with test environments vs real time traffic on a network etc.

Mar 22, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #20,795 of 62,436
Mifo O5 Plus has AptX and hear through. All export models now will be the Plus model with QR code for authenticity check. There are too many fake ones going around in china. mifo.hk is their official site. other sites that claims to be official are ran by a distributor. just check trustpilot to see how dodgy this distributor is.

Thanks for clearing that up. Back in the day when I decided on the mifo 05 I was already plenty undecided / confused between standard and pro (balanced armature) version ... now they added a 'plus' ... that mifo.hk link does not work for me ... but I checked the amazon listing and somehow there is no mention of balanced armature anymore, while my old shop on AE says the plus (actually they say 'puls') version has BA (but they do not list them as available) ...

anyhoo ... I am happy with my Mifos and now I know why I have neither AptX on them nor ambient mode.

Mar 22, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #20,797 of 62,436
got a pair of QCY T5. they seem quite ok, but to me they sound a tad bit bass heavy. on the other hand they respond VERY well to equalising and sound wonderful to me when equalised.

there is one problem though - on pc, the volume is very low, even on max setting

Mar 22, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #20,799 of 62,436
Received both the Cambtidge Audio Melomenia M1 and the Mifo 07 in the last few days.
M1 were £100
MIFO = £150

The Mifo's are being returned to Amazon.

To my ears they are not in the same league as the M1. They lack bass and the treble response is tinny with little depth or detail compared to the M1.
I tried different tips but sounded even worse.

Mar 22, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #20,800 of 62,436
Received both the Cambtidge Audio Melomenia M1 and the Mifo 07 in the last few days.
M1 were £100
MIFO = £150

To my ears they are not in the same league as the M1. They lack bass and the treble response is tinny with little depth or detail compared to the M1.
Would you describe the bass on the Cambridge Audio Melomania M1 to be deep, textured, and otherwise full? How's the stability with no earhooks? Looking for another pair for workouts.

Mar 22, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #20,801 of 62,436
I'm on the fence... waiting for some reviews in here. (have I mention that I also hate NFMI? :wink: )

https://www.complyfoam.com/products/comply-foam-tips-compatible-with-airpods-pro/
I can't wait! :L3000:
I wonder if this dude talks like this in real life? lol I find it hilarious the Zoolander faces he makes for his camera shots. lol Mic quality seems to be sucking. As for SQ, I could care less for Youtube revier's opinions. I'll look at measurements. Too bulky. Size is important (that's what she said).

Attachments

• zoolander_primary.png
    zoolander_primary.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 22, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #20,802 of 62,436
Would you describe the bass on the Cambridge Audio Melomania M1 to be deep, textured, and otherwise full? How's the stability with no earhooks? Looking for another pair for workouts.

Compared to the 07 they were far more detailed and textured across the whole spectrum. I'm having no issues with fit, I thought they would slide out but they don't.
I'm really impressed with them at the price point, sound leaps ahead of the 07 for a fraction of the price.

Mar 22, 2020 at 8:17 PM Post #20,803 of 62,436
Anyone with the Mifo O2 able to comment on the call quality?
I hadn't even heard of the O2...Had to look that up on their site, interesting!

M1 were £100
MIFO = £150

I find audio and IEM/TWS especially so frustrating! Not only because of all the variances in sources driving the audio and in people's different hearing experiences, but moreso that there can be counterfeits or manufacturer changes that we aren't aware of! That said, I respect your own experience and am curious of two things: 1) Whom on Amazon was the reseller, and 2) If you haven't sent them back yet, can you tell me if they have the same markings as mine? Another user and I are having exceptional experiences with our Mifo O7 and there's a part of me that thinks I might have gotten lucky and gotten a "real" pair...
IMG_7341.jpeg
IMG_7342.jpeg

I'm saying all this, because, if the M1s are truly that much better than what I'm listening to right now, then holy crap I want to try them!!!

PS: I can't find the post of the person looking for the "real" website for Mifo, but I believe this is the full URL: http://www.mifo.hk/en

Mar 22, 2020 at 8:39 PM Post #20,804 of 62,436
@vaaccess
Barcode on back of box is different however case is identical.

Bought form Mifo Direct UK through Amazon which upon reading may or may not be fakes. Thankfully I'll get full refund through Amazon.

I understand your point about people's hearing which is why I stated 'to my ears'. My source is S20 Ultra which has no issues with the Melomenia or Audeze I3 bluetooth cable.

I gave them a bit longer however they just sound really poor to me, no presence or detail.

Could be faulty or fake but it's enough to put me off them.

The M1's are stunning in comparison.

Mar 22, 2020 at 8:40 PM Post #20,805 of 62,436
@vaaccess

Just as an aside are your nozzles red on the end?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back