Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 8, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #20,506 of 62,298
Both versions of the B530 are better than the Rimors. They're not bad, but don't bother for the extra money...
I'm pretty happy with these B530Pros. Sound is a little bright and flat, but not shrill or lifeless. Good clarity and detail above 2k; enough volume but low detail below 1k. They are pretty comfortable, although I'm having trouble keeping the right one in. I'm burning then in for 10+ hours right now and then I'll probably try Comply or Spinfit tips to see if that helps it stay put. They don't sound as good as my Nuarls or Phaisars, but I like them better than the Monster Clarity 101s I wear for working out - better sound with similar IP rating and controls. If I can figure out the fit on the right these may replace the Monsters in my rotation.

I may yet try the Rimors just to see for myself, since it seems to be my mission to Try All the TWS.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #20,508 of 62,298
I’m really enjoying them too.

Would love to see some of the custom eqs that people are using. I’ll post mine for now to hopefully get the ball rolling.

EDIT Didn’t attach quotes but response to L2P firmware replies.

Attachments

• 07661FD0-C626-462C-8982-391961C95F39.jpeg
    07661FD0-C626-462C-8982-391961C95F39.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 8, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #20,509 of 62,298
I must say I'm pretty happy with the "HearID" profile although I'm not sure I'm doing the test right, hehe...Happier than with any of the presets in any case (except "Signature Soundcore" that sounds identical)

Anyway I've been experimenting with the custom EQ.
Is yours : +4 +2 0 -1 0 +1.5 (shows as +1) +2 ?

HearID was a bit strange for me, I could always hear the tone so I never unpressed the button, but the result was better than the other presets. Except piano. Piano is where it's at its just lacking some lows.
I have tinkered with the eq some more and came up with this and its close to piano with more thump
Screenshot_2020-03-09-08-32-50-391.jpeg

Mar 8, 2020 at 7:16 PM Post #20,510 of 62,298
I think FiiO is making some kind of true wireless system with MMCX jacks. I hope they improve the uTWS a bit and then I'll get them for my 535s when Ithe virus thing dies down. I'd say there is more potential products coming so it's probably better to wait. I also hate how FiiO names their devices with the greek letter mu.

I'd sacrifice a bit of sound quality for smart features like hand-free Google assistant, reading notifications out loud, and better mic.

Also,
Does 5.0 offer any actual audio improvements? I have read mixed reports. AptxHD maybe requires 5.0?

I think it is mostly power management improvements besides typical distance and throughput improvements. It drastically decreased power consumption and enabled small devices to use Bluetooth for longer, basically enabling the whole TWS business. Also, it introduced dual play, which enables devices to play audio on separate Bluetooth devices, like L and R AirPods.

Mar 8, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #20,511 of 62,298
Yes, they were the W. I have a couple other pairs of W's on other buds. I don't find them super comfortable, but good sound and comfy enough. But not with the WM07 for me. But ears are shaped so differently, they might feel great in your ears.

I have some cheap black foam ones that sound and fit well. Comply makes a model that is supposed to be good with the WM07 Plus. I'll bet they would be nice.

Has anyone tried those comply models on their mw07? Surprised tip experimentation on the very few already established SQ TWS kings isn't more of a big deal here.

Mar 8, 2020 at 8:29 PM Post #20,512 of 62,298
I'm pretty happy with these B530Pros. Sound is a little bright and flat, but not shrill or lifeless. Good clarity and detail above 2k; enough volume but low detail below 1k. They are pretty comfortable, although I'm having trouble keeping the right one in. I'm burning then in for 10+ hours right now and then I'll probably try Comply or Spinfit tips to see if that helps it stay put. They don't sound as good as my Nuarls or Phaisars, but I like them better than the Monster Clarity 101s I wear for working out - better sound with similar IP rating and controls. If I can figure out the fit on the right these may replace the Monsters in my rotation.

I may yet try the Rimors just to see for myself, since it seems to be my mission to Try All the TWS.

If you do try the Rimors, consider sticking with them for a while. I've given mine dozens of hours of listening time, and although I am not a big "burn-in" dude, I would say that they just keep getting better, and other TWS's are getting harder to use. Granted, all of the TWS's I own/use are under-$100 ChiFi's.

Mar 8, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #20,513 of 62,298
hey all, am super behind on this thread, but wanted to share something i just discovered. For those who have LG phones, you might be annoyed like me that they almost always default to AAC. I've been wondering for a few days now, if i left a headset paired to the phone after switching to APTX, then power up a different TWE that's also capable of APTX, would the phone continue streaming in APTX, or would i have to go back into dev options and switch it again? i switched my Bomaker SiFi from AAC to APTX, heard the short pause as it switched, then let it stream for a minute or so. Then i pulled out my nuarl N6 Pro, while still leaving the SiFi paired, and, it was still streaming in APTX! There is a distinct difference in SQ with the N6P in AAC vs APTX on my V40, but just to make sure i wasn't hearing things, i went back into develloper options and selected APTX as the streaming codec, and instead of a brief pause as is common when switching from 1 codec to another, the music kept on going.
i just wanted to share because usually when i switch i power one off then pull out the next pair and have to go through that whole process of switching codecs again.
I've also struggled with my LG V30 and V50 for the default AAC until I found a solution online:

1. Change the codec to aptX in development version
2. Rename the TWS device, by adding "_NOAAC" (no quotation) at the end of the name.

Next time, The TWS will use aptX automatically.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2020 at 9:41 PM Post #20,514 of 62,298
Mar 8, 2020 at 9:46 PM Post #20,516 of 62,298

I use my B530s with JVC Spiral Dots. They may not be the best sounding TWS out there, but they're up there for me and they're super comfortable in my ears.

Mar 8, 2020 at 10:15 PM Post #20,517 of 62,298
PSA: Amazon has the black SoundCore L2P for $130.

Best Buy has had them for $129 as well. When I was waiting for my Tevi's I had thought about going to Best Buy to try these but decided to just wait for my Tevi's to come in the mail.

Mar 8, 2020 at 11:38 PM Post #20,518 of 62,298
Mar 8, 2020 at 11:51 PM Post #20,519 of 62,298
For those looking at an ANC option, the more I use the AuSounds Au-Stream Hybrid the more I like them. I know some are skeptical of burn in but 30 hours in, to my ears they sound warmer and way less harsh in the high end than they did when I first started using them. The bass is excellent, super clean, tight and satisfyingly punchy. I’d say more of a consumer oriented sound sig than pure “flat” audiophile, but the timbre is still on point and the detail retrieval in the mids and highs is actually pretty great. Still a touch hot In 1-2k region at high volumes, but it’s gotten better either due to burn in or I just got used to it. The form factor and low profile is probably my favorite of any TWS I’ve tried so far, and that goes for the tiny case too. They look fantastic and touch controls work well. No volume controls are a bummer. They had some weird quirks when I first started using them, some random quick drop outs, but those have seemed to have gone away for the most part. Also, while the case is super small and pocketable which is great, it also seems to need to be charged more frequently than many other cases I’ve used. The battery on the buds is solid - got around 7.5 hours no ANC, 6.5 mixed usage, and around 5.5 hours with ANC at 80% volume. The ANC is solid, probably slightly below the APPs, but they sound much better than the APPs. Definitely does the trick for low frequency noises and was helpful in a crowded super market. They have AAC but no AptX. IPX5 resistance. Phone calls are definitely solid when not too much is going on in the background. Does get muddled and pretty difficult to hear if it’s too loud, but the mic quality is good. Full review to come in the next week or so.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #20,520 of 62,298
Hi guys, I need some help with TWS recommendations. I have absolutely no experience with TWS and there isn't much consolidated information online. Found a few websites but I'm not sure if reliable so I'd wanna check with you guys.

I'm looking for a sub-50USD tws.
Will be pairing with an Iphone 11.
A V sound signature is nice, prefer warmer tones.
No connectivity issues
Not a priority but if can be used to run/jog would be nice.

I also shortlisted a couple

- Mpow T5
- QCY QS2
- Bomaker Sifi
- Tranya T3
- Sabbat E12 Ultra

- Fiil T1X (top up if there are no good ones)

Do suggest any new ones if I have missed. And also if these above are okay. Thank you very much in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back