Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 2, 2020 at 4:05 AM Post #20,311 of 62,435
I bought the Jabra Elite 75t a few weeks ago. So far I'm enjoying them very much. Here are my thoughts, both positive and negative:

• The sound is quite bass-boosted, but very rich. Everything that needs a bit of a punch will sound great. Absolutely no noise floor.
• The app, while a bit weird and redundant in terms of design and functionality, provides a simple equalizer. Works well!
• The fit is great. I love the eartips, they're soft and comfortable - unfortunately there's only silicone ones, I would have loved some foam tips as well.
• Working flawlessly in heavy rainstorms. They got wet several times, but since they're water resistant it's fine to use them.
• I'll say it: touch controls in earbuds should be a thing of the past. Clicking is so much more intuitive. It might feel a bit "outdated", but I really enjoy the haptic feedback when changing volume or switching on transparency mode.
• Transparency mode works well. You can even adjust transparency volume.
• Pairing usually works fine - simultaneously on two devices - but once every couple of days I'll have to re-pair the 75ts with my iPhone. I don't know why.
• For information regarding connection status etc. you can chose between a pleasant female voice ("To connect, go to the bluetooth menu of your mobile device...") or low-key sound effects. There's no option to use the Jabras without any system sounds at all.
• The earbuds are connected. You can use the right one without the left one, but not the left one without the right one.
• In-ear detection works okay-ish. In most cases playback will stop once you take out one earbud, but sometimes immediately resume once you move your hand.
• Battery life is great. Maxed out at 7.30 hours which almost gives me a full workday.
• The case is a bit flimsy. Charging via USB-C is a wonderful thing and the simple indicator for case battery status (red-yellow-green LED) works well, but that hinge... don't know how long that's going to last.
• They look unobtrusive while in your ears. Pretty small compared to the 65t, so I feel fine using them in public.

All in all I've pretty much stopped using my AirPods Pro since I bought the Jabras. Noise Isolation works better than the AirPods rather weak ANC, the sound is much fuller, plus they're cheaper. I can only recommend giving them a try!
Interesting you mentioned no noise floor as my 65t has hissing on the left bud and louder overall volume as well. I assumed they would have addressed this in the 75t but came across many user complaints on Reddit and other sites.

Mar 2, 2020 at 4:54 AM Post #20,312 of 62,435
I bought the Jabra Elite 75t a few weeks ago. So far I'm enjoying them very much. Here are my thoughts, both positive and negative:

• I'll say it: touch controls in earbuds should be a thing of the past. Clicking is so much more intuitive. It might feel a bit "outdated", but I really enjoy the haptic feedback when changing volume or switching on transparency mode.

I ended up selling my pair of 75t, but they got so much right with that product, the big button control was deffo one its highlights, it worked absolutely flawlessly. Much better than touch controls.

Sometimes OEMs just want's something that's more advanced and "cool" even if its means to comprise on actual usability. For phones its under display fingerprint reader, for TWS its touch controls.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2020 at 4:55 AM Post #20,313 of 62,435
Interesting you mentioned no noise floor as my 65t has hissing on the left bud and louder overall volume as well. I assumed they would have addressed this in the 75t but came across many user complaints on Reddit and other sites.

I‘m sorry to hear that. I‘ll update my post to include that bit of information once I‘m not on mobile anymore. I can only say that I personally have absolutely no noise floor.

Mar 2, 2020 at 7:26 AM Post #20,315 of 62,435
I‘m sorry to hear that. I‘ll update my post to include that bit of information once I‘m not on mobile anymore. I can only say that I personally have absolutely no noise floor.
Nor do I on mine.

Mar 2, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #20,316 of 62,435
Care to explain what this mean? If the sound quality didn't change when you turn on the ANC then isn't it a good thing? I rarely use the ANC eve when I am at starbuck or something. On the airplane tho, it is pretty nice to cancel out those engine noise.
Hey VM, what I meant was switching between ANC on and off didn't seem to affect the sound balance on mine at all ...which is a good thing and I am not complaining in the slightest.

Did you not say yours didn't change the bass either?

All I can say is if you can't hear a difference with ANC on or off then it definitely is a different experience than mine. As for the verge it must be a different firmware update than the one they promised early on. Maybe the Chinese version had a different firmware and less aggressive bass boost.

All I can say is I got mine from AliX and that the voice prompts are in English. Mine arrived from china about a week before the official release, and upgraded to firmware v0.03.31 a few weeks after release and when a couple of reviews mentioned the ANC/bass experience.
I've no idea if there is a Chinese vs international firmware, but whatever I have I am a VERY happy bunny hear (pun intended) :)

Who knows, there seems to be a lot of hit n miss going around. Amazon and being able to return them sounds like a safe bet in regard to buying any TWS.

Mar 2, 2020 at 7:51 AM Post #20,317 of 62,435
Hey VM, what I meant was switching between ANC on and off didn't seem to affect the sound balance on mine at all ...which is a good thing and I am not complaining in the slightest.

Did you not say yours didn't change the bass either?

All I can say is I got mine from AliX and that the voice prompts are in English. Mine arrived from china about a week before the official release, and upgraded to firmware v0.03.31 a few weeks after release and when a couple of reviews mentioned the ANC/bass experience.
I've no idea if there is a Chinese vs international firmware, but whatever I have I am a VERY happy bunny hear (pun intended) :)

Who knows, there seems to be a lot of hit n miss going around. Amazon and being able to return them sounds like a safe bet in regard to buying any TWS.
Mine changed when using the ANC (the higher the ANC level, the more bass the sound is). I did try the ANC on my long haul flight 2 weeks ago and when using the ANC on that flight, the bass increase is not really affecting the sound so much.

Mar 2, 2020 at 8:06 AM Post #20,318 of 62,435
Mine changed when using the ANC (the higher the ANC level, the more bass the sound is). I did try the ANC on my long haul flight 2 weeks ago and when using the ANC on that flight, the bass increase is not really affecting the sound so much.

I prefer a more neutral balance than too much bass so thought I would notice the kind of change you are all talking about, I even downloaded MultiTone to see if I could highlight the change, but either mine are different somehow or my ears just aren't finding it (but I'm not that old yet :))

Mar 2, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #20,319 of 62,435
Can anyone comment to compare the sound of the Nuarl N6 or N6 Pro to the Cleer Ally Plus?

I love the N6 sound but not the form factor - they are a little too large for my liking. Once you tame the mid-bass and jack the 4-12k range in EQ, they sound amazing. Like others, I prefer them to the N6 Pros, which just can't get quite the same tight-but-deep bass response. At least to my ear, the Pros could't pull off, for instance, the same realism of a bass drum strike that the N6 can, and you can open up the N6 treble range to something like an "B+/A-" compared to the "A" the Pros earn.

Anyway, I think the Ally Plus might be worth a flyer if they can sound even almost as good as the N6 (assuming they are ever in stock again). My list of wants for TWS includes TWS+, touch controls, excellent sound, not honking huge, and aptX is mandatory (AAC does not sound good on my Moto Android).

Mar 2, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #20,320 of 62,435
My Tevis should be here today now according to DHL. I work 12:30 - 8pm, so hopefully they'll be on my back porch when I get home or come home for my dinner break.

Mar 2, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #20,321 of 62,435
Is a DAP (like Hiby R3 pro comes with bluetooth 5.0) play with true wireless earbud help sound quality over "normal" smartone?
My pioneer 300R Bluetooth version maybe a bit low and the connection is not so good.

Thinking about a R3 pro + either :--
Tevi;
Fiil T1X,
bomaker sifi
liberty 2 pro, or
the cambridge audio

yes, just know the website scarbir and it makes many budget earbud looks interesting!!

Mar 2, 2020 at 1:11 PM Post #20,322 of 62,435
Can anyone comment to compare the sound of the Nuarl N6 or N6 Pro to the Cleer Ally Plus?

I love the N6 sound but not the form factor - they are a little too large for my liking. Once you tame the mid-bass and jack the 4-12k range in EQ, they sound amazing. Like others, I prefer them to the N6 Pros, which just can't get quite the same tight-but-deep bass response. At least to my ear, the Pros could't pull off, for instance, the same realism of a bass drum strike that the N6 can, and you can open up the N6 treble range to something like an "B+/A-" compared to the "A" the Pros earn.

Anyway, I think the Ally Plus might be worth a flyer if they can sound even almost as good as the N6 (assuming they are ever in stock again). My list of wants for TWS includes TWS+, touch controls, excellent sound, not honking huge, and aptX is mandatory (AAC does not sound good on my Moto Android).

I have both the N6 Pro and the Cleer Ally Plus. The N6P sounds better, but not by too much. The biggest issue I have with the Cleer Allys is getting a good tip fit - they have a weird oval channel that means it's hard to get a good ear seal. I use Spinfits on the N6P and those work wonderfully well, not so much on the CA - I'm trying the JVC Spiral dots the the CA and they actually sound fantastic but not the greatest of isolation. No crunch sound when walking though, yay!

The ANC on the CA makes up mostly for the bad isolation - it's not particularly strong but it suffices. They are a nice TWS set, no doubt, but the controls on the N6P work much better - having physical buttons makes a difference to me, and I think Cleer made an error in not allowing track skipping via the buds.

Both sets have fantastic battery life. The Nuarls have much less issue with interference when you are out and about. So I think I'll keep both for now.

Mar 2, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #20,323 of 62,435
Is a DAP (like Hiby R3 pro comes with bluetooth 5.0) play with true wireless earbud help sound quality over "normal" smartone?
My pioneer 300R Bluetooth version maybe a bit low and the connection is not so good.

Tevi;
Fiil T1X,
bomaker sifi
liberty 2 pro, or
the cambridge audio

yes, just know the website scarbir and it makes many budget earbud looks interesting!!

I don't think the DAP will improve SQ over a smarthphone unless the DAP offers a codec that is better than what your smartphone offers. The AMP and the DAC are all embedded in the TWS itself.

Mar 2, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #20,324 of 62,435
I have both the N6 Pro and the Cleer Ally Plus. The N6P sounds better, but not by too much. The biggest issue I have with the Cleer Allys is getting a good tip fit - they have a weird oval channel that means it's hard to get a good ear seal. I use Spinfits on the N6P and those work wonderfully well, not so much on the CA - I'm trying the JVC Spiral dots the the CA and they actually sound fantastic but not the greatest of isolation. No crunch sound when walking though, yay!

The ANC on the CA makes up mostly for the bad isolation - it's not particularly strong but it suffices. They are a nice TWS set, no doubt, but the controls on the N6P work much better - having physical buttons makes a difference to me, and I think Cleer made an error in not allowing track skipping via the buds.

Both sets have fantastic battery life. The Nuarls have much less issue with interference when you are out and about. So I think I'll keep both for now.
Thanks!! This is very helpful! Some follow-up questions if you don't mind:

Oval like Klipsch? Would tips designed for Klipsch fit, do you think?
[Sorry, thought of another one -- have you tried foam tips? Like maybe Dekoni, that are a little more flexibile and don't have a rigid inner channel?]
How would you describe the sound signature compared to the N6P? Warmer, stronger bass, heavier mid, etc? Any sibilance at all?

I do like the physical buttons on the Nuarls, but I generally have better luck with touch controls. With buttons, even the N6 buttons, I end up screwing up the seal when I try to do anything. And I hear you on the track skip, but that's not a big deal to me, I hardly ever use it on any of my buds. Maybe just how I tend to listen to music, or that I'm used to doing it on my phone's lock screen anyway.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #20,325 of 62,435

Tevi;
Fiil T1X,
bomaker sifi
liberty 2 pro, or
the cambridge audio

Short answer would be "not really" but a longer answer would be "it depends".

if for example, a TWS uses AAC and SBC standards, if the manufacturer of the dap decuded to properly implement thise two codecs, it could be better than android smartphones. AAC from android is hit and miss, and apple products get AAC right all the time. on the contrary, it seems that the "lowly" SBC" can be implemented in a way that it could almost be as good as aptx hd, not just regular aptx - SBC is capable of ~500 kbps bitrate of it is "unlocked", which most android device manufacturers seem to not bother with and bottleneck the bitrate on SBC (not sure about apple, I think they are same in this aspect). there's also the problem of the earbuds themselves properly reading the higher butrate SBC - depends on the manufacturer and what they chose to do with the codecs.

this is my understanding on the subject And I could be very wrong. take this with a big pinch of rock salt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back