Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 16, 2020 at 10:26 PM Post #18,706 of 62,422
Jan 16, 2020 at 10:29 PM Post #18,707 of 62,422
Excellent fit for me, you can check out the GF8 in my ear, https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...e-we-there-yet.861024/page-1246#post-15419890. It is 99 USD.

Thanks! I really should have finished scrolling through the unread pages where I just now saw that you diligently answered everything already ...

These look tasty and the price is reasonable ... and I really do NOT need yet another set of TWE !!!! :wink:

(Trying to be a good boy until the Bose ANC are released)

Jan 16, 2020 at 10:39 PM Post #18,709 of 62,422
Another PSA for fellow APP enthusiasts. A YouTube video brought to my attention the existence of 3rd party memory foam tips for the APP with a link to eBay where they can be had for 30$ for the set.
Quick deep dive on AE reveals much better pricing and also sponge tips and color tips.

77DD95F0-006B-488A-B8B6-9FB056073C30.jpeg
also regular replacements are available for cheap and they already have some positive reviews.

ordered the memory foam ones and will chime back in in “30-50 days” :wink:

Beware that the sponge ones are also labeled as ‘memory foam’

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 10:39 PM Post #18,710 of 62,422
I generally use my Sony WF-1000XM3 & Apple Airpods Pro for ANC. However, for SQ, I will take the Geekfly GF8.

How about the connection and range and the touch control response??

Jan 16, 2020 at 10:42 PM Post #18,711 of 62,422
Thanks! I really should have finished scrolling through the unread pages where I just now saw that you diligently answered everything already ...

These look tasty and the price is reasonable ... and I really do NOT need yet another set of TWE !!!! :wink:

(Trying to be a good boy until the Bose ANC are released)
Glad to be of help.

How about the connection and range and the touch control response??
Connection is solid. Have not tested the range yet. The touch control response is good but don't expect the level of Sony WF-1000XM3. Cheers!

Jan 16, 2020 at 10:46 PM Post #18,712 of 62,422
If you can get hold of the SoundMAGIC TWS50 I would be interested to know how they do against the SSK
Sound Magic TWS50 looks good!

Jan 16, 2020 at 11:10 PM Post #18,715 of 62,422
"sometime in 2020" was the last official word I heard back in September.
Since then the ANC market has heated up thanks to a certain fruit company ... Bose better get stuff done now!
Maybe, once they saw APP released with such a small form factor, they cursed and went back to the drawing board. Given their track record, I was expecting theirs to look bulky like the XM3. If we think about it, good ANC in that small form factor of APP was game changing. Now we need 10+ hrs of battery life in such a small size.

Jan 16, 2020 at 11:21 PM Post #18,716 of 62,422
Sweet! I just got my invite too! I ordered them on amazon.
have you gotten one from a company called World? i've gotten a few messages from them on fb somehow. i replied to the first
B&O added the third gen E8 to their product page:

https://www.bang-olufsen.com/en/earphones/beoplay-e8-3rd-gen?variant=beoplay-e8-3-black

They seem really good, but the pricing is 100 EUR too much, there's no way these will sell when they cost more than the Air pods pro, even if they sound better and are prob much more comfortable.

Personally these would prob be end game TWS for me, they tick all boxes besides codecs... Which I think the new Sennheiser will dominate.

Prob best to wait and see if the price get lowered and check what Sennheiser and
others will do later this year.. i can't pay $350 for a twe that doesn't even have all the best codecs. if they go down to $250 maybe $200, basicly in a year lol, i'll maybe give them a shot. I don't even think i'll pick up the new MTWs until my current ones die. Generally speaking, $300 is my limit for an iem of any kind. i know theres a ton that are priced higher, wired anyway, but not enough of a ROI imo. Hate to sound all corporate esque but yeah. hope they come down in price soon. Rant over haha.

Jan 16, 2020 at 11:26 PM Post #18,717 of 62,422
Maybe, once they saw APP released with such a small form factor, they cursed and went back to the drawing board. Given their track record, I was expecting theirs to look bulky like the XM3. If we think about it, good ANC in that small form factor of APP was game changing. Now we need 10+ hrs of battery life in such a small size.

This looks size wise not much smaller than the Bose SSF ... so, they better have a great sound, killer ANC and / or fantastic battery.
I admit that I enjoy the Bose house sound and I am a sucker for those Stay Hear tips ... so, most likely I will get them anyways ...

boseeb700.jpg

Jan 16, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #18,718 of 62,422
Yea, generally i don't like foam tips, they seem to tame the high end and reduce bass, but they take away the some of the mid bass from the N6 for me. I have no idea which tips i'm using, I think it's some that I bought like years ago but never used and they are super long. I still like the Auvio's and Spiral Dots. I noticed that the stock NUARL tips have the most mid range but they also make the sound the most cohesive to me. They are great on the N6 pro because some of the other tips i've tried really seem to boost the highs and I def. don't need anymore in the Pro. What's really interesting is if you listen to the Spunky beats, then the T1x, then the N6 pro. The Spunky Beats make the T1x sound warm. I think the SB's have a tuning similar to the N6 pro, but not near as defined.
Got my Spunky beats Tuesday and have switched a lot between them, N6pro, MTW and Fiil. i'd have to agree with the similarities between SB and N6p. i really enjoy it.

Jan 16, 2020 at 11:43 PM Post #18,719 of 62,422
Hum are you sure they are the Plus model? Because the previous versions no-Pro and Pro were with another chipset (maybe the Realtek also used in the QCY T1/QS1) and from my experience those work perfectly with AAC on all my devices: Macbook Pro, iPhone 6S, iPad gen 7 and a Nokia Android One 3.1.

I believe in you, but at the same time I've tried on several devices and no AAC to be found with my Bomaker Sifi pair... Is my pair somehow defective? Is there anyone else, specifically with the Bomaker Sifi that can confirm the AAC connection?
my V40 almost always defaults to AAC and this is also true for the SiFi. not to mention the countless QC3020 twes i've reviewed and or kept. if you otherwise like them, i'd say get another pair.

Jan 17, 2020 at 12:13 AM Post #18,720 of 62,422
IMG_20200116_200354.jpg

Today the Mpow M5 met a strong competitor. In the name of JBL Free X. Cons: The JBL Free x has lower volume than Mpow M5 and no vol controls. JBL has strong bass but a tad softer than mpow. Strong mids like Mpow M5, but the jbl has that grunge in the mids that makes that Alnico humbucker distortion more alive. This little extra bite goes a long way. Joe Cocker voice is even throatier now. I'll recheck my SSK but I think it may come up short against the JBL Free X.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back