Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 9, 2020 at 5:21 AM Post #18,302 of 62,431
No, have not tried the AKG. You know, JBL, AKG, etc. now that Samsung owns them, are starting to look like rebrands of each other. Haven't really been too excited about AKG since they were acquired by Samsung. For accessories, Samsung understands the margins are much better vs. the thinner margins on phones and TVs, etc., so you see a heavy dose of mid-grade plastic and fairly inexpensive build quality. Not to poo-poo the AKG NC700M2, but I'm just not driven to try them.

That being said, I am very curious about the dyplay TWS with ANC. Currently $65.99 w/ 10% off coupon. They're currently in the shopping cart.
on a total whim i just checked the link again, and they're not only back in stock, but free sameday was available. Maybe they'll be here when i get off work.

Jan 9, 2020 at 6:55 AM Post #18,303 of 62,431
I found the Spunky beats a little too small... or the stem is too short? A little jaw movement and I have to reseat the ear pieces.
BUt you're right,.. I can sleep with them like SSK.
When I up the volume,..I thought the spunky mids start to feel weak under heavy instrumentation (like breaking up or unbalanced volumes - treble gets louder than bass) ,.. kind of like SSK. When I increase the volume, they seem to cross into sibilance
The mpow M5 feels like there is a lot more power in the mids.... less sibilant at higher volumes - bass increases more evenly with treble increase.
Though a bit veiled,.. I kind of like the M5. For its power perhaps..?

Yea they are really small..so small its rather fiddly. I think you might need to change your ear tips. mine fitted perfectly with the spiral dot and the passive isolation on those are jabra quality. i think you hearing sibilance is due to the fit.
i dont have the mpow M5 but they sound better than the popular cheap QCY earphones which goes for the same price.

Jan 9, 2020 at 6:59 AM Post #18,304 of 62,431
on a total whim i just checked the link again, and they're not only back in stock, but free sameday was available. Maybe they'll be here when i get off work.

do you guys really think PU & Cashmere diaphragms are for real? with the specs listed it pretty much kills most of the flagship ANC earphones out now.

Jan 9, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #18,306 of 62,431
Can you guys please talk about brands I have actually, you know, heard of and recognise? Sometimes I think Head-fi is written in Klingon.

please list every single brand you know

Jan 9, 2020 at 9:07 AM Post #18,307 of 62,431
please list every single brand you know

Oh, I dunno - Sony, Sennheiser, Jabra. Might be one or two more.

Anyway, question on the Sennheiser MTWs, which I have and love - does anyone know if by setting the EQ in the app, that EQ then applies to the buds regardless of device you're connected to? Or am I being incredibly naieve?

Jan 9, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #18,309 of 62,431
Oh, I dunno - Sony, Sennheiser, Jabra. Might be one or two more.

Anyway, question on the Sennheiser MTWs, which I have and love - does anyone know if by setting the EQ in the app, that EQ then applies to the buds regardless of device you're connected to? Or am I being incredibly naieve?

as a matter of fact, we do happen to talk about those brands that you mentioned here, but seeing how fast the progress and competition of TWS, the brands becomes more varied now here. the good thing is we're exposed to vast new options outside the big brand players. and there are many great products coming from those lesser well known companies :ksc75smile:

for the MTW, sadly i don't have it, but from my experience with my XM3 and Galaxy buds, they do save their settings on the unit. to do a simple test, try give your MTW an EQ setting (give it an extreme one for easier identification), and then pair them to a new device. if it sounds the same as your last EQ, then it saves on the unit. if not, then it saves on the app

Jan 9, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #18,310 of 62,431
as a matter of fact, we do happen to talk about those brands that you mentioned here, but seeing how fast the progress and competition of TWS, the brands becomes more varied now here. the good thing is we're exposed to vast new options outside the big brand players. and there are many great products coming from those lesser well known companies :ksc75smile:

for the MTW, sadly i don't have it, but from my experience with my XM3 and Galaxy buds, they do save their settings on the unit. to do a simple test, try give your MTW an EQ setting (give it an extreme one for easier identification), and then pair them to a new device. if it sounds the same as your last EQ, then it saves on the unit. if not, then it saves on the app

Cheers, will do. What does the S mean in TWS, by the way?

Jan 9, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #18,312 of 62,431
Jan 9, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #18,313 of 62,431
OK, now that I have the N6 Pro's working again, This is a pretty simple comparison to the N6. The N6 is a better all around performer for me. It's def. missing a touch of that high end detail which makes the Pro stand out, but the Pro is just missing so much low end, it still has bass and IMO the Pro has a bit better mids they seem a little veiled in the N6. With that said the N6 is no bass monster, it has an adequate amount and it's accurate and sounds great. They are both really similar but i'm keeping the N6. Also the Pro feels a little better quality with the silicone finish on the exterior and I feel like the pro feels a little heavier maybe the button ring is metal instead of plastic like on the N6, but i'm just speculating. For $30 less it's a winner for me and I found the Auvio's to be the best sounding tips for me on the N6.

Also, I must mention the T1x in comparison is like a combo of the N6 and N6pro. It's truly a beauty. The sound stage is not as wide and the mids are def. fatter on the N6 and pro but on Bass EQ mode it really is incredible for $35-$45. However I can really crank the N6 and the T1X hurts my ears at the same volume as It's def. much brighter. I also really like the N6 pro, damnit. I just wish it had the same bass and as the N6 with all that great detail. More to come.

Is the pro really that light on bass? I mean, since they called it “pro” it HAS to be better right?

Jan 9, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #18,314 of 62,431
I have had my Nuarl N6 Pro for several days now and can share a few general subjective comments:

They are smaller than I had expected based on photos.
Fit is excellent; very secure and unobtrusive.
Connection is rock-solid. Nearly instantaneous pairing.
Imaging and soundstage precise and realistic.
Instrumental and vocal timbre nearly flawless.
Able to reveal subtle details in well-mastered recordings.
Build quality of both buds and case is superb.

Nits:
Buttons are rather difficult to identity by touch.
Easy to inadvertently press buttons when inserting.
Upper treble can be brash at times.
Intolerant of poorly mastered recordings.
Needs a quality app to fully explore capabilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back