Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 6, 2020 at 7:42 PM Post #18,121 of 62,453
Technic-ly the same company(see what I did there:) )

Panasonic has announced two new pairs of true wireless earbuds at CES 2020 in Las Vegas, both of which come with "industry-leading noise cancelation," according to the company.

The RZ-S500W and RZS300W, use a hybrid active noise cancellation technology, which combines "FeedFoward Noise Cancelling, Feedback Noise Cancelling, and an Analog/Digital Processing hybrid." These technologies work together to reduce noise generated both inside and outside the earcups, in theory resulting in an uninterrupted listening experience.

Panasonic says that this combination results in a noise cancellation performance "never before experienced in the true wireless category" – it's a bold claim from the company, which isn't exactly a leader in the field of audio.

WFuBMURdCoKZwdVb86uvV8-320-80.jpg

Assuming the Tecnics should sound better and cost more than the Panasonic variant.

Also saw this in it's case...
10d91d60-302c-11ea-a77c-d80945ad44fc

Big but at least there is a case that holds 3 more recharges and seems to be able fit other earphones than the 215. $279 price tag is pretty high. Would be nice if they made a cheaper version that came without the 215. And they should have made it more of a flip open case than a zipper case. TW is magnets and perhaps button latches not zippers.:)

is that Shure detachable like the Fostex TM2? because if it's not, i lost interest already because i don't enjoy the 215 sound much

Jan 6, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #18,122 of 62,453
Me too. I never took bose seriously because i was so underwhelmed after hearing some QC2s forever ago. Then i got the qc35 a couple years back and have been pleasantly surprised.
i held off getting some QC20s and then the QC30, heres hoping the TWE have steller ANC, call quality and an eq.

So far I have been very impressed by all the Bose I have, the SSF for running, if only they had ANC. The QC20 and QC35 are frequently used. Obviously I like the Bose house sound. Now let's see what their ANC TWS offering will be like ... Apple has shown that it is very possible ...

Jan 6, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #18,123 of 62,453
Well I'm hoping this year we'll get more budget ANC over-ears that have both AptX and USB-C charging. For most of last year we only had that dodgy line from Bluedio. I've been enjoying the Dyplay Urban Traveller 2's but it has a number of issues that prevent me from highly recommending it. The revised TaoTronics SoundSurge 46 and Tribit QuietPlus look promising though.

I'm disappointed but unsurprised by Shure's design. Just shows how they fail to adapt to change with the 215 having an "aged" reputation in the IEM community. Seems like these other brands like Panasonic and Shure want to take on the Sonys, but there's a certain old-schoolness image they need to get around from.

Jan 6, 2020 at 8:01 PM Post #18,124 of 62,453
Last edited:
Jan 6, 2020 at 8:13 PM Post #18,126 of 62,453
According to Gamsky there IPX5 rated which is good for sweat proof.

Strange. Hifigo said the same thing. Nothing mentioned in the marketing materials. 1more USA said no ip rating. I guess it wouldn’t be the first time a manufacturer didn’t know about its own product.

Jan 6, 2020 at 9:15 PM Post #18,129 of 62,453
Technic-ly the same company(see what I did there:) )

Panasonic has announced two new pairs of true wireless earbuds at CES 2020 in Las Vegas, both of which come with "industry-leading noise cancelation," according to the company.

The RZ-S500W and RZS300W, use a hybrid active noise cancellation technology, which combines "FeedFoward Noise Cancelling, Feedback Noise Cancelling, and an Analog/Digital Processing hybrid." These technologies work together to reduce noise generated both inside and outside the earcups, in theory resulting in an uninterrupted listening experience.

Panasonic says that this combination results in a noise cancellation performance "never before experienced in the true wireless category" – it's a bold claim from the company, which isn't exactly a leader in the field of audio.

WFuBMURdCoKZwdVb86uvV8-320-80.jpg

Assuming the Tecnics should sound better and cost more than the Panasonic variant.

Also saw this in it's case...
10d91d60-302c-11ea-a77c-d80945ad44fc

Big but at least there is a case that holds 3 more recharges and seems to be able fit other earphones than the 215. $279 price tag is pretty high. Would be nice if they made a cheaper version that came without the 215. And they should have made it more of a flip open case than a zipper case. TW is magnets and perhaps button latches not zippers.:)
I saw those. I'm amazed that big part goes behind the ear. I'm not sure I could deal with that.

Jan 6, 2020 at 10:23 PM Post #18,131 of 62,453
Strange. Hifigo said the same thing. Nothing mentioned in the marketing materials. 1more USA said no ip rating. I guess it wouldn’t be the first time a manufacturer didn’t know about its own product.
It was probably some sales rep that told the early reviewers. Some of the sales guys on my team say stuff all the time that's not true, so I have to go and do damage control and hope the clients don't jump ship on us.

Jan 6, 2020 at 10:27 PM Post #18,134 of 62,453
Curiosity got the best of me. Taking a flyer on the 1more. Hifigo claims they checked with 1more and said they do have sweatproofing. They said “at least IPX4”. Lol. We shall see.
At least IPX4? LOL! Now that's some serious testing! It's like saying the low gas warning gives me at least 50 miles...super-comforting, really.

Jan 6, 2020 at 10:31 PM Post #18,135 of 62,453
At least IPX4? LOL! Now that's some serious testing! It's like saying the low gas warning gives me at least 50 miles...super-comforting, really.
Tell me about it. I’ve had an itchy trigger finger for a few days. The 1more look the most interesting to me. Hybrid drivers plus ANC and 1more delivers good sq. I had a long chat with hifigo and they have been responsive and seem to have a direct line to 1more. It’s a little risky but it was that or the N6 pro and they aren’t really doing it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back