Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 6, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #18,106 of 62,460
41ED13C8-DC70-4D28-97B7-9976FB5DDF8B.jpeg
2 more sets that were waiting in my holiday mail. So far only checked if they are working (they do). More details later, but I am a bit jet lagged and seems like I caught the sniffles on the plane ...

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #18,107 of 62,460
Would you share some TWS which fits 20-40USD range and has decent SQ? I have Syllable S101 but I do find them mediocre, can I find anything better SQ wise withing this price bracket?

I quite like my ceppekky h01. They are £26 currently. I posted my impressions a few pages back. They aren't great but for that price, I'm impressed.

Jan 6, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #18,108 of 62,460

2 more sets that were waiting in my holiday mail. So far only checked if they are working (they do). More details later, but I am a bit jet lagged and seems like I caught the sniffles on the plane ...

Interesting your KZ S1 look teal, but official pics look forest green. Would prefer teal.

Jan 6, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #18,109 of 62,460
But do foams fit in the case
You have to cut them like 2-3mm from the base and it will fit. Without modding, you can fit it but it wont be flush.

Jan 6, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #18,112 of 62,460
Have you used UAPP with Tidal? UAPP is the only way I listen to Tidal now with my Android phone. It has Eq in the app as well.

Thanks for the rec, I really appreciate this and will keep it in mind for the future, but right now I prefer to only use EQ when it's included in a dedicated app for the specific TWS model. Nuarl has the non-pro N6 model with a different tuning, so I'd rather just hear that model than go through extra steps (and pay for an app) only to have a limited EQ on a model whose base tuning isn't to my taste to begin with.

Jan 6, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #18,113 of 62,460
Hi. Can someone compare the sennheiser momentum tw and the lypertek tevi in terms of comfort and size. I had the sennheiser. While their comfort was tolerable for some time, I sold them in the end. They were just a tad to big for a flush fit.

Jan 6, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #18,114 of 62,460
Received the NUARL N6. Been fiddling around for about an hour.

These are great. Nozzle bore is bigger than most TWS though, so hard to find tips to fit, for tip rolling. Found some old Comply original micro foams that enhance the
experience a lot, and also helps stabilize the fit. The overall size of the buds are much bigger than T1X and MPOW, and way bigger than Anbes 359.

Doubt I could sleep on my side with these. Anbes is easy to sleep, and T1X is even doable.

I really wish they came with more fins and different types of tips. But the packaging IMO is way above the unboxing experience of T5 or T1X.

The buds themselves are great looking. And so far the bluetooth connection is fantastic.

Overall the sound seems great for a TWS. More sound review to come with more listening time. Definitely a hit above on overall clarity of music.

The biggest question will be, are the N6s worth $130, compared to the $40 (ish) price tag of T1X or T5/M5.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #18,115 of 62,460
I just received the Mavin XR-Qi today but it is likely that I will be returning them as the announcements are not in English as has been previously reported. The other two dealbreakers are that the stabilizers must be removed in order to fit the phones in the charging case and IMO, the sound quality is not as good as the Air-X. They seem to lack the air and dynamics that I hear with the Air-X, sounding rather thick and uninvolving in comparison. I can say that the case is very tiny and build quality is more impressive than the Air-X but in the end, the sound doesn't warrant them being keepers.

Jan 6, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #18,116 of 62,460

Technic-ly the same company(see what I did there:) )

Panasonic has announced two new pairs of true wireless earbuds at CES 2020 in Las Vegas, both of which come with "industry-leading noise cancelation," according to the company.

The RZ-S500W and RZS300W, use a hybrid active noise cancellation technology, which combines "FeedFoward Noise Cancelling, Feedback Noise Cancelling, and an Analog/Digital Processing hybrid." These technologies work together to reduce noise generated both inside and outside the earcups, in theory resulting in an uninterrupted listening experience.

Panasonic says that this combination results in a noise cancellation performance "never before experienced in the true wireless category" – it's a bold claim from the company, which isn't exactly a leader in the field of audio.

WFuBMURdCoKZwdVb86uvV8-320-80.jpg

Assuming the Tecnics should sound better and cost more than the Panasonic variant.

Also saw this in it's case...
10d91d60-302c-11ea-a77c-d80945ad44fc

Big but at least there is a case that holds 3 more recharges and seems to be able fit other earphones than the 215. $279 price tag is pretty high. Would be nice if they made a cheaper version that came without the 215. And they should have made it more of a flip open case than a zipper case. TW is magnets and perhaps button latches not zippers.:)

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #18,117 of 62,460
Hi. Can someone compare the sennheiser momentum tw and the lypertek tevi in terms of comfort and size. I had the sennheiser. While their comfort was tolerable for some time, I sold them in the end. They were just a tad to big for a flush fit.
Imo, the tevis being the shape they are, could be less comfortable than the MTW. That could just be my experience though. While i got a great seal with the tevis and they isolate pretty well imo for passive isolation, they stuck out a bit mor than i liked and after a while maybe 2 plus hours, i felt like something was trying to weigh my ears down. i think while the MTWs are big, they're weighted well and i can wear them for about any length of time.

Jan 6, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #18,118 of 62,460
Technic-ly the same company(see what I did there:) )

Panasonic has announced two new pairs of true wireless earbuds at CES 2020 in Las Vegas, both of which come with "industry-leading noise cancelation," according to the company.

The RZ-S500W and RZS300W, use a hybrid active noise cancellation technology, which combines "FeedFoward Noise Cancelling, Feedback Noise Cancelling, and an Analog/Digital Processing hybrid." These technologies work together to reduce noise generated both inside and outside the earcups, in theory resulting in an uninterrupted listening experience.

Panasonic says that this combination results in a noise cancellation performance "never before experienced in the true wireless category" – it's a bold claim from the company, which isn't exactly a leader in the field of audio.

WFuBMURdCoKZwdVb86uvV8-320-80.jpg

Assuming the Tecnics should sound better and cost more than the Panasonic variant.

Also saw this in it's case...
10d91d60-302c-11ea-a77c-d80945ad44fc

Big but at least there is a case that holds 3 more recharges and seems to be able fit other earphones than the 215. $279 price tag is pretty high. Would be nice if they made a cheaper version that came without the 215. And they should have made it more of a flip open case than a zipper case. TW is magnets and perhaps button latches not zippers.:)

I wonder if Bose is going to show their new ANC TWS on CES ... with price and hopefully rls date .. that is the one I am waiting for ..

Jan 6, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #18,119 of 62,460
So far nothing really stands out imo of all the news from CES.

* We've seen ANC before
* No battery improvements
* No special codecs like APTX LL/HD/Adaptive

The only mildly interesting feature is Klipsch claim of their AI software, even tho I'm sure it will be underwhelming af.

The Shure approach is interesting, maybe the Gen 2 product of that type will be the way to go. With all that space I just want better battery life and the newest Qualcomm chip that supports multi point and APTX adaptive.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #18,120 of 62,460
I wonder if Bose is going to show their new ANC TWS on CES ... with price and hopefully rls date .. that is the one I am waiting for ..
Me too. I never took bose seriously because i was so underwhelmed after hearing some QC2s forever ago. Then i got the qc35 a couple years back and have been pleasantly surprised.
i held off getting some QC20s and then the QC30, heres hoping the TWE have steller ANC, call quality and an eq.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back