Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 19, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #17,446 of 62,439
Interesting observation I made today while burning in my Rev. 2 L2pros. I left the pink noise playing on the all day. I came in tonight and the right bud was at 20% and powered off. The left bud was at 60%. I know the primary bud drains faster, but really? 40% discrepancy?

Dec 19, 2019 at 3:53 AM Post #17,447 of 62,439
As long as it's about the same level of that TWS hiss level, it's tolerable. I'm thinking getting one for a "beater ANC TWS", going to use it for riding and sports.

But this one pops up at an enticing price
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/DeweZsha

It's been around on AE from different sellers, but this one is significantly cheaper..i wonder if it's different version or not

They're pretty ambitious with their -25dB noise reduction...some feedback from someone who's tried the XM3/APP/EB, etc... would be interesting !

That would be motorbike riding and not bike riding, right ? As you probably know you'll have to turn off ANC if any air movement is involved as the mics will pick it up and amplify it. That's ONE thing I don't like with the Echo Buds, you have to pull up the app to turn off ANR, with the buttons you can only cycle between ANR and Ambient. On the plus side turning on Ambient will automatically pause music. If they added ANR OFF it would potentially require an addition tap to get to Ambient. Or maybe they could make that app setting controllable with Alexa.

Dec 19, 2019 at 4:33 AM Post #17,448 of 62,439
Got my pair of L2Pros few days ago, bought it during the sale on soundcore site. I believe i got rev 2 according to what is said here. The hissing after pausing or playing a song is noticeable, not too apparent during song play or but very low volume still does. I updated from 1.09 out of the box to 1.22 and hissing remain unchanged. I liked listening with Latin preset for the first few days and recently changed to Flat and liked it better. Latin i think is nicely vShaped while Flat brings more details accross the frequencies. I really like what i hear from L2Pros but if only the hissing was a bit less it'd be perfect.
How's the chance mine is rev 1 if fw 1.09 is what mine shipped with? Anyone knows?

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2019 at 5:47 AM Post #17,450 of 62,439
They're pretty ambitious with their -25dB noise reduction...some feedback from someone who's tried the XM3/APP/EB, etc... would be interesting !

That would be motorbike riding and not bike riding, right ? As you probably know you'll have to turn off ANC if any air movement is involved as the mics will pick it up and amplify it. That's ONE thing I don't like with the Echo Buds, you have to pull up the app to turn off ANR, with the buttons you can only cycle between ANR and Ambient. On the plus side turning on Ambient will automatically pause music. If they added ANR OFF it would potentially require an addition tap to get to Ambient. Or maybe they could make that app setting controllable with Alexa.

Yup, it's strictly for motorcycle riding (and perhaps running, too), so direct noise won't be too much of a problem. I finally pressed the buy button :sweat_smile: I'll post comparison to my WF and WH XM3s when it arrived

Dec 19, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #17,451 of 62,439
Seems to be some good reviews on it, but they just announced the GT1 Plus which has AptX (QCC3020 chip) and USB Type C.

Has anyone here tried Atta Gora Liberté? I keep seeing ads for it.
Seems like its already being sold, i got one for like 30$ from geekbuying with european dpd shipping soo idk will see what arrives(if it does)

Dec 19, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #17,453 of 62,439
I've been doing some tip testing, with the Sony XM3, FIIL T1x, NUARL NT01A and L2Pro.

The Symbio Peel sounds fantastic on the Xm3, L2pro and the NT01A. It's really got me excited again about my XM3's!

The best for me on the T1x are the Auvio's, they really give a nice bump in the bass and let all that great clarity come through.

The Spiral dots also sound great on all of them except and they are my fav. for the NT01A except the T1x, which kind of makes them a bit too bright. They reduce the bass too much for my liking. The Symbio seems to also smooth out the highs and mids but boosts the bass a little as well, a little too bright on the T1x for me.

As for the Symbio W hybird, I found the also take a lot of bass out, so I haven't really been using them and they don't fit well in my right ear, but if you like the L2pro and think it has too much bass, firstly get the new revision, the bass is definitely reduced, the highs are bit more tame and the mids are a touch boosted and secondly use the Symbio W, will filter even more bass.

I also need to mention, that despite all the iterations and changed in the L2pro. It's still one of my favorite TWS' out of all the revision's after 8+ hours of burn in, the Revision 3 L2pro Sounds really good and i'm favoring it over the Rev. 2.

To my ears, the Rev. 2 has more sub/low bass an the highs and mids sound thinner and the voicing sounds further away. The Rev. 3 has just a touch less bass, but the mids and highs are very present, it sound much more engaging to me.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #17,454 of 62,439
Edit to my earlier post. I lied. Ver. 1 of the L2pro with the Symbio W hybrid tips is my fav. Wow. Ver. 1 has ridiculous bass, but the mids and highs seem much better with firmware 1.22. The hybrid tips tame the bass just enough to give me that incredible bass experience, but also great highs and mids. This ver. 1 I have doesn't have a hiss or a high noise floor and it's MUCH louder than the other two revisions.

Dec 19, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #17,455 of 62,439
Finally got a chance to update the L2P to the 1.22 firmware. While I was at it, also decided to complete the HearID. Given I was able to hear all of the sounds down to faint levels, there is basically no adjustment from flat. However, interestingly enough, when I use the HearID EQ, it is slightly fuller than the "Flat" EQ preset (which I assume is a compensated "Flat") and sounds better than the signature preset (which is a bit too V-shaped for me). The hiss is still faint and very tolerable. It's not distracting when listening to songs with silent spots.

Screenshot 2019-12-19 at 1.29.21 PM.jpg

Dec 19, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #17,457 of 62,439
I need some tips for my Fiil T1X. There’s an airy sound when I put my finger up to the controls and I can’t get a good fit with any of the cheap tips I have. Prefer to order from Amazon because of fast shipping...

I've been meaning to try these for a while now. They look nice, but I have no idea how they'll perform.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #17,458 of 62,439
I need some tips for my Fiil T1X. There’s an airy sound when I put my finger up to the controls and I can’t get a good fit with any of the cheap tips I have. Prefer to order from Amazon because of fast shipping...

Does the T1X can accommodate normal IEM tips inside the charging case?

Dec 19, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #17,460 of 62,439
I've been meaning to try these for a while now. They look nice, but I have no idea how they'll perform.
I bought some a while back when they first came up. While they're nice, I prefer the spiral dots or Auvios, or even the Starlines. I tried them on a few IEMs, ZSX, V90, one or two more, and I didn't notice a big impact to sound. They give a nice seal but I didn't think they were anything special for the relatively high price. YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back