Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 16, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #17,357 of 62,258
Listening to the Fiil T1X now and they fit great while sounding pretty darn good. The connection is super fast...they’re a winner so far and at $40-$50 a steal.

Yeah the more I listen to them the more I like them. One of the better values out there imo. Now if only the app would let you change the control layout..

Dec 17, 2019 at 1:08 AM Post #17,359 of 62,258
Dec 17, 2019 at 4:58 AM Post #17,360 of 62,258
What tips are the Bomakers owners out there using ?

I recently received Spinfit CP360 tips and can't praise them enough. These fit my Bomaker Sifi, Liberty 2 Pro, and Shanling MTW100 (reports say only the SS size CP360 fit the Shanling case for charging). I received S and M sized Spinfits, and the sizing is consistent with S and M sized tips from the above earbud models.

The silicone used on Spinfits is much more soft and flexible than any other tips I own. Fit in ear canal feels very secure, especially for the L2P which feel like they're dangling out with other tips. Comfort exceeds any stock tip. For the Bomaker, I think the Spinfit provides ever so slightly less isolation than the black stock tips.

Difference in sound depends on what stock tips you're used to. Mids are a pinch subdued compared to black Bomaker tips. This could be significant compared with the Bomaker translucent tips, which leave the driver opening more exposed rather than surrounded by a tunnel.

For your specific issue about losing seal when opening your jaw, I can't say whether the Spinfit would fix it. It could be dependent on your own anatomy. With Spinfit or stock tips I don't lose seal when opening my jaw.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019 at 7:11 AM Post #17,361 of 62,258
Anker liberty air 2 sounds really bullsh*t w/o eqing.
It sounds very very good after simply cut out some dB of 40-100Hz.
Blind buy for my daugter bcs it looks nice.
I did not think it was so good.

All preset are crapy because no room for user to customize.

Dec 17, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #17,362 of 62,258
Been using the Aviot TE-BD21F triple drivers for a few days. The overall sound is neutral with a slight warmness. It works well with almost all genres, especially for instrumental and movies. The sound is never fatiguing, but detailed at the same time. Aviot has done a very good job of extracting the maximum from each of the 3 drivers. Some companies put a gazillion drivers into their IEMs, but tune them to sound like they have a limited range (too bright or too bassy). Aviot makes the treble sound tight and fast, mids have a natural timbre and bass hits hard when required without sounding flabby. On top of hearing the music, the Aviot lets listeners hear how the music is played. Very impressive effort from Aviot.

Controls-wise, volume control is on the left bud, playback control is on the right bud. When unconnected for a few mins, the buds will auto off, it is also possible to manually power off and on them by pressing the buttons. The ability to manually turn it off and on means I do not have to bring the case out.

Are these worth $259 US dollars? This a top tiered pricing. How is the connection and what devices have you connected too ?

Dec 17, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #17,366 of 62,258
The latest from Master & Dynamic support on enabling AAC on the MW07 Plus (I also asked about AptX Adaptive):

We are working with our chip provider to enable AAC and will be able to retroactively update your earphones when we have a solution. Unfortunately, I have not heard of plans to support AptX Adaptive but I will be passing along your request and feedback to the team for further consideration.

Dec 17, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #17,367 of 62,258
Are these worth $259 US dollars? This a top tiered pricing. How is the connection and what devices have you connected too ?
There seem to be a lot of defects with TE-BD21f version in Japan. Aviot's customer service seems to ignore customers, as seen from reviews on Amazon Japan.
I would say buy only from a seller you can return in case you have a problem with the device.
For your information, Amazon Japan does not allow to returns packages like electronics if they have been opened. (Unlike their US counterpart).

Dec 17, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #17,368 of 62,258
I recently received Spinfit CP360 tips and can't praise them enough. These fit my Bomaker Sifi, Liberty 2 Pro, and Shanling MTW100 (reports say only the SS size CP360 fit the Shanling case for charging). I received S and M sized Spinfits, and the sizing is consistent with S and M sized tips from the above earbud models.

The silicone used on Spinfits is much more soft and flexible than any other tips I own. Fit in ear canal feels very secure, especially for the L2P which feel like they're dangling out with other tips. Comfort exceeds any stock tip. For the Bomaker, I think the Spinfit provides ever so slightly less isolation than the black stock tips.

Difference in sound depends on what stock tips you're used to. Mids are a pinch subdued compared to black Bomaker tips. This could be significant compared with the Bomaker translucent tips, which leave the driver opening more exposed rather than surrounded by a tunnel.

For your specific issue about losing seal when opening your jaw, I can't say whether the Spinfit would fix it. It could be dependent on your own anatomy. With Spinfit or stock tips I don't lose seal when opening my jaw.

Thanks for your detailed reply. I own the CP360s actually but they don't work for me with the Bomakers because I can no longer tuck them against the bottom of my ear like I can with the flat transparent tips. I haven't really been able to use the CP360s with any of my TWEs because while they provide a good seal, I find that it makes them stick out more than whatever original tips are provided and that creates fit issues. Maybe I'd need to insert them deeper but I don't really like to do that. I also find that they make for a sound that's a bit "shrill", not sure why.

On another matter, I finally heard back from Anker Germany that I'd contacted via Amazon France. They say they're aware that 1% (yeah right...) of the L2Ps have hiss issues and that they'd be happy to examine mine if I send them back to them (no prepaid label but they'll refund the cost) and based on their findings would send me another pair. Sounds like a big hassle, at the very least they could send a new pair upfront with a return label...I'll probably just toss them back to Amazon and let them deal with it.

Talking of Amazon France they have the X12 Ultra for 29€ shipped so I broke down and got them, even though they're the "camo" version, oh well, won't hurt when running in the woods ! With my X12 v1 (Lezii), Red X12 v2 that should keep me running for a while !

Dec 17, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #17,369 of 62,258
Looky here, TFZ (The Funky Zither?) comes out with a 2BA tws in shiny chrome ... looks interesting. SBC, AAC, AptX, 7-8h playtime on single charge .. some kind of waterproof I can't decipher (pretty much all of the ad-copy is Chinese only)

TFZ_X3_2BA.jpg

and it does THIS: (Forgot what that was called)

TFZ_X3_2BAb.jpg

linky-link

Dec 17, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #17,370 of 62,258
I must not be getting a good deal because the T1X sound is inconsistent. The bass is nonexistent at times and I can hear a whistling sound when I touch the buttons. They seem to sound better when I don’t push them as far in.

Any suggestions on some different ear tips?

You’re not getting a good seal. Try different tips and size. Spinfit 100 are longer and helped me, though case may not close :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back