Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 16, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #17,341 of 62,351
so my wife was curious about my WF1000XM3, because she travel on planes quite often. she really like the sound and the ANC, but not too fond of the size. might be partly because my unit has Symbio tips on it, so it sticks out more compared to the stock tips. she tried the WH1000XM3 version, and surprisingly she thinks it's really comfortable (she usually don't like big cumbersome headphones). maybe in the near future I'd purchase an airpods pro for her convenience, not to mention it's got IPX rating... seeing how she handles her phone, IPX rating is a must :dt880smile:

for now, the headphone would do for her plane rides.

i myself prefer the WF version more, especially the sound. it's more balanced

Was thinking about getting the APP for wife as well, but she just lost a set of keys and now I have to rotate to find a locksmith and get new locks / keys ... no way she'd not be losing the APP ...

Dec 16, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #17,342 of 62,351
Dec 16, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #17,344 of 62,351
Was thinking about getting the APP for wife as well, but she just lost a set of keys and now I have to rotate to find a locksmith and get new locks / keys ... no way she'd not be losing the APP ...

then we share the common fear :dt880smile:
she hasn't lost the Sabbat x12 that i gave her yet, though she does only uses it in the bed room.
I'll see what happen to the XM3 headphone first.. if she manage to keep it in one piece, then she might be able to take care of an APP

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #17,345 of 62,351
Talking about the Bomaker I still quite like them and their tiny case, but I'm not really happy with the flat transparent tips anymore as any movement of the jaw really changes the sound. It's probably due to the fact that they go pretty deep inside the ear canal. Good for isolation but then you have these side effects...What tips are the Bomakers owners out there using ?
The M5/T5s with the L2P tips don't have that problem, not to that extent at least.

Dec 16, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #17,346 of 62,351
Now about that hiss that can be heard in low passages (I have v2)...I have a message into Anker, zero reply so far.
What country are you in? Anker seems to be more responsive in the US than in other parts of the world. I bought my L2P on Amazon, so I contacted Anker via Amazon, and they responded very quickly. In fact, they just sent me a return label to send my L2P back for replacement.

Dec 16, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #17,348 of 62,351
LOL, was thinking that same :wink:

The LP2 never really caught my eye, but all the talk here ... now I just have to audition them :D

Do i get that right, they sound amazing for the few that get a perfect fit and as long as they don't hiss?
Sounds amazeballs!!!

I 'was' going to return my L2P... However, they are very nice, (amazeballs!!!) for bass light music files and they really fill them in with some tasty bass. They can startle you with a very holographic soundstage. I've had to look around when I heard sounds in the recording that seemed like they were in the room. And the highs are very crisp, detailed and exciting! Totally amazeballs!!! :laughing:

And like I said for well recorded, balanced songs they are a bit to bassy for me and the mw07 are just right. And for overly bassy cuts they are WAY too bassy. I don't hear any hiss with my version.

So I may keep them for the times the recording is kind of bland. They are a nice alternative when the mw07 seems too analytical or when I just want to have fun.

I still hate the fit. The housing keeps both from being a very deep fit. I think the mw07 is more shallow than the L2P, it is more difficult to get a stable feeling with the former.

The only tips that I have tried that give somewhat of a stable feeling are the Final Type E and Symbio's, (and I have tried Spinfits and Spiral Dots.)

I wish they made some kind of an extension that you could put on the stems to give them just a bit more length.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #17,350 of 62,351
I saw the Motorola 3-in-1 model was in stock in the black so I put my money where my mouth was and ordered one. On Amazon so I can return if not up to par. Guess we will see if Motorola came through at put up or shut up time. :)

Dec 16, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #17,351 of 62,351
I don't know if you saw my post earlier this week, but Tranya is re-tuning the Rimor and the new version will be ready at the end of December. Ida is sending me another pair. I'm assuming that a lot of the tester feedback they got wasn't positive. (shrug)

Interesting. I actually really really like the current sound of the Rimor. It's a nice compliment to my MPOW M5. The only thing that I didn't care for was the fit/earbud shape.

Dec 16, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #17,353 of 62,351
Ok guys I just put the spinfit CP360 on my FiiL T1x....so much better than the stock tips, and I tried those Auvio from radio shack...but those aren’t as soft silicon as the spinfit. How do Spinfit CP360 compare to the CP 100? And how about vs. Spiral Dots?

Dec 16, 2019 at 5:48 PM Post #17,355 of 62,351
Well when the seller for the Fiil T1x put up a one day coupon to bring them back down to $40 I bought. Waiting for them now. I was really tempted to get the Bomaker's last night for $30 as well, but the blinking blue lights and the fact that most of you here stated that the Fiil are better than the Bomaker convinced me to hold off - that and another 6 months and the field will be totally different again. Now I just hope that they aren't laggy in Youtube. I know that AptX tws aren't usually, so we will see with the T1X

Users who are viewing this thread

Back