Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 15, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #17,311 of 62,472
Looks about a normal close to 3" diameter clamshell case size...
maxresdefault.jpg

Not prohibitively large for what it is trying to do. Similar to the metal tins and round ones like this...
images

What is the control scheme? Does it sound good? Those are the real questions for me. Certainly a curiosity as my logic is Motorola wants a piece of the $$ in this segment that they haven't made a splash in and this could be good because it looks they did try on most fronts on this to make something that would get them noticed and aux in is cool but this thing is done if it doesn't sound good as well. Sound should still be priority cause the unique aspect gets some notice but that won't have the holding/staying power. Sounding good will do that.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #17,312 of 62,472
Anker is the single worst company I have ever dealt with. Never gonna buy anything from it ever again.

I've ordered L2Pro from aliexpress official store on 11.11, received one from the first batch (defective batch I would say) with outstanding white noise. I still can't confirm a return. Anker support is just don't care about anyting.

the complete opposite of my experience

Dec 15, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #17,313 of 62,472
After a few days of burn-in with the most recent revision of the L2Ps, I feel that they have opened up quite nicely and are growing on me. They are a bit more tame in the treble and bass than the previous revision, but when you push a song with bass depth it's still able to achieve great extension. Tonality has also started to sound a bit more like the previous revision after doing an A/B test. I still think on both, the timbre of the highs is slightly tinny, but overall these things are still excellent if you get a good fit (I know that's been a complaint). Also going to keep recommending the Vocal Booster EQ setting. It makes everything just sound so much more natural and less veiled than the other settings to my ears.

Dec 15, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #17,314 of 62,472

Yeah they've been great in my experience actually. Were super responsive and gave me a replacement unit without having to return the original revision (v2) version that I had.

Dec 15, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #17,315 of 62,472
So I received the 3rd revision of the L2Ps. Running 1.22 fw and I can safely say these are my endgame tws. The hiss is fixed and they also addressed the harsh nasty highs. They sounds phenomenal now. I’d recommend everyone go out and get these if you haven’t already.
Good to hear. I guess it's time for me to contact Anker now and request a replacement.

Still don't know which version/revision I currently have.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #17,316 of 62,472
I do have to say though I do like the old L2P revision too. On certain songs I just love that bass. I think it's strange they decided to change up the sound on the new revision like this. Another thing I noticed is that the volume is like one notch lower on the new revision as opposed to the previous one.

Just trying it out though, and the Deep EQ setting also sounds pretty nice on the newest version. It def smooths out the treble (maybe a little too much for my liking?) and gives a fullness and bass emphasis to the sound without messing with the tonality.

Dec 15, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #17,319 of 62,472
I got Libratone Track Air+ from Amazon today. What a waste of time. On the Amazon web site it says they support AAC. They don't and the sound is plain awful with my iphone and SBC codec. The airpods pro sound much better.
Iphone owners be aware - it's false advertisement about AAC support.

Dec 15, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #17,321 of 62,472
According to their Facebook page the release is pushed back (again) to 12/18.
Well, that's a bummer, but I'd rather wait then get problematic equipment.

Thanks yes I can see that now. Looks like the same one I've got but there is hiss still at low volume on mine

There is literally no way I know of to tell which version of the L2p's you have based on the box. I think you have to contact anker and give them the serial number.

Thanks--Yes I've got the one on top.
@d3myz seemed to be questioning whether that one on top was Revision 3

That's why I thought to check with @Uncle00Jesse on what his looked like

The 2 revision 2's I just got have the exact same label. Literally every number on the label is identical and they came a day apart. I think the only real way to tell is by A/B testing them. The Rev. 2 sounds much different to me then may Rev. 1. I'm not a fan of the Rev. 2 so far, but i'm still burning them in.

Mine too, Anker has been outstanding to me, but I've dealt with them directly from the beginning.

Dec 15, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #17,322 of 62,472
I got Libratone Track Air+ from Amazon today. What a waste of time. On the Amazon web site it says they support AAC. They don't and the sound is plain awful with my iphone and SBC codec. The airpods pro sound much better.
Iphone owners be aware - it's false advertisement about AAC support.
No regrets, they're not any better with AptX. I have shared my pros/cons on these a few times before...

Dec 15, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #17,323 of 62,472
Well, curiosity kills the cat.

Dec 15, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #17,325 of 62,472
I had my itchy trigger finger on these last week. Thanks for saving me the return label. Did anyone preorder the 1more anc?

Nah I was thinking about it, but had never placed an order on hifigo before so I chickened out. They're supposed to be out for real in early January

Users who are viewing this thread

Back