Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 11, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #17,102 of 62,515
Anyone try these out yet? MEBUYZ branded stuff does not have a good track record for me, but goshdarnit, these things look cool.
I actually got them free off one of my testing ads. bassy and warm. not much clarity at all. Not a fan of the fit, the bars sit right up against my ears. however they seem to be built well, not like exceptional but, the case is nice and wireless charging is cool. They come will those awful tiny silicone tips and the tips are smaller than normal, so i wasn't able to use. I think you'd probably like everything about them but the sound, it kind of sucks.

Dec 11, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #17,105 of 62,515
Dec 11, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #17,106 of 62,515
I actually got them free off one of my testing ads. bassy and warm. not much clarity at all. Not a fan of the fit, the bars sit right up against my ears. however they seem to be built well, not like exceptional but, the case is nice and wireless charging is cool. They come will those awful tiny silicone tips and the tips are smaller than normal, so i wasn't able to use. I think you'd probably like everything about them but the sound, it kind of sucks.
I'll pass then. Sounds like the typical MEBUYZ crap they've been pushing out. Good looks, good specs, garbage drivers.

Dec 11, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #17,107 of 62,515
We were thinkin' those new Edifier NB were gonna be $119. At least that what was going around. Probably not. Saw the Edifier TWS6 came out on the Edifier site and that is $119 so no way the TWS NB is gonna be $119. Video said price is set at $119 and December launch. Both are seriously in doubt to me. :pensive:

Dec 11, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #17,109 of 62,515
Hello! Great forum and thread! Sounds from the reviews like I'm going to get some Mpow M5/T5's. But I also read that the EarFun Free's are pretty good for the similar price point. Any quick advice there? Thanks!
The Mpow’s are way more impressive. Bigger soundstage, more articulated bass.

Meanwhile, I ordered the KZ S1 Hybrid and KZ S1D Dynamic driver. Very curious..

Dec 11, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #17,110 of 62,515
Thanks to @Bartig reviews,....I Just received my Tronsmart Spunky Beat :)
They are pretty good - I find the attraction in the mids. Somehow I think it can compete well with the SSK BT03.
The mids and highs of the spunky beat seems identical to the Mpow M5 but can't match Mpow M5's bass thump, power and bass detail.
The mids of Spunky beat and Mpow M5 both sound thicker than SSK BT03.

I also received my 2nd Mpow M5... they are identical to the first pair- no burn in needed. I'm happy with the consistency.
My Sonic preference is at the moment: Mpow M5 > Spunky Beat > SSK BT03 > Letscom ST-BE30 > Umidigi Upods

I'm unsure about Fiil T1x as I find the SSK SQ already on the thin side. But I'm fickle..... :)

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #17,112 of 62,515
Hello! Great forum and thread! Sounds from the reviews like I'm going to get some Mpow M5/T5's. But I also read that the EarFun Free's are pretty good for the similar price point. Any quick advice there? Thanks!
Fiil t1x for $33.99 on amazon right now.

Dec 11, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #17,113 of 62,515
The Jabra 75t and the Fiil tX1 both arrived today, I need to get to a meeting (yeah, that kind of meeting).

I listened to the 75t for 20 minutes walking city streets. Love the hearthrough feature. Passive NC is fine, enough for me. Good impression OOB, but need to tweak them a bit I think. The Jabra tips are so comfy, forgot how comfy (formerly owned the 65t). Didn't take the plastic off the Fiils yet. Probably tomorrow. Note: I had $137 gift card on Amazon, so the two cost me about $85 combined. I probably would not have bought the Jabras without that incentive. Still a fan of the CA Melomania 1 and the L2P. Both probably even sound a wee bit better to me than the 75t (not decided that yet, however). But both have design issues in terms of look/fit. L2P look huge sticking out of my ears (though they don't feel like they are falling out), and the M1s do have that really giant sound tube; not as troublesome to me as others have said. I love the small foam tips that came with the M1s, but not a fan of their silicone tips.

Dec 11, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #17,114 of 62,515
Dec 11, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #17,115 of 62,515
Used the Fiil T1X for the first time today at the gym. Even though they are 'just' gym headphones, I am SO glad I got them. They are so much better than the Anker Soundcore Lites (circa early 2018) that I was using before. You just don't know what you're missing and things have changed so much in just one year. Thanks to all that contribute to this thread and pushed me over the edge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back