Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 12, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #17,131 of 62,552
Gonna be broke this Christmas guys

BGVP came out with TWS, 2x Knowles BA, MMCX (yes you heard it right) for around US$93

H7803c5548ba143d9842bb972c46bbc3b9.jpg
Hbde9abce5a1b487daf8d3875f4272af5u.jpg
He5b2c1faf12546f8add5f607d2c3d9eak.jpg
H3e5be97fe7f64a03b2b9f6f86492a0cfT.jpg

I am slightly confused and / or ignorant ... but why would a TWS have a MMCX connector?

Oh, optional maybe? Bypass BT when you want to go old-school cable tethered?

Dec 12, 2019 at 2:56 AM Post #17,132 of 62,552
I am slightly confused and / or ignorant ... but why would a TWS have a MMCX connector?

Oh, optional maybe? Bypass BT when you want to go old-school cable tethered?

Wireless when you want convenience and wired when you wanna go full hifi maybe. That I would only know after I receive them

No IP rating and unclear codec support however

Dec 12, 2019 at 3:13 AM Post #17,133 of 62,552
Fiil t1x for $33.99 on amazon right now.
Does anyone know the differences between the Fiil T1 and T1x? I ordered the first one for 65 dollars on Ali, as it doesn’t ship to the Netherlands via Amazon. :frowning2:

Of course you had to get both! :) The reviewer who takes hoarding to the next level :D

BTW, speaking of the new KZ offerings, I noticed 2 'oddities' when I poured a bit more over the info pics;
a) there is a special low latency mode on the S1 (triple click)
b) that frequency graph seems to be lacking something ... like ... BASS !!!! Or I am reading this wrong and it has ample bass, but WAY too much treble? :wink:

Oh sjeesh. I mean it could be. The KZ E10 is by far the brightest sounding TWS so far.

Dec 12, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #17,134 of 62,552
Liberty pro 2 firmware update 01.22 just popped up.
Same here, two improvements announced in the release notes :
- Improved AAC Playback
- Improved compatibility with Google Chrome Books

Nothing about hiss sadly, let's see what the sound is like now...

EDIT - wow, the hiss actually sounds LOUDER on my v2s...

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2019 at 5:08 AM Post #17,135 of 62,552
Does anyone know the differences between the Fiil T1 and T1x? I ordered the first one for 65 dollars on Ali, as it doesn’t ship to the Netherlands via Amazon. :frowning2:

Oh sjeesh. I mean it could be. The KZ E10 is by far the brightest sounding TWS so far.

I bought the T1X from GearB to Portugal. They also ship to the Netherlands

Dec 12, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #17,136 of 62,552
Same here, two improvements announced in the release notes :
- Improved AAC Playback
- Improved compatibility with Google Chrome Books

Nothing about hiss sadly, let's see what the sound is like now...

EDIT - wow, the hiss actually sounds LOUDER on my v2s...
I just upgraded my L2P to firmware 1.22. I can't say that I've noticed increase in hiss, but it feels like bass has gotten a major boost on mine. I was one of the few folks that complained previously that L2P don't have enough bass. After this upgrade, I am withdrawing my complaint. There is still too much treble for my liking, even when using the "Treble Reducer" EQ curve.

Then again, I've been listening to some full size open back headphones recently with weak bass, so maybe in comparison the L2P now sound bassy to me. I don't know. Has anyone else noticed more bass after upgrade to 1.22?

Dec 12, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #17,137 of 62,552
Listened to both the Jabra 75t and the Fiil T1x, which both arrived yesterday. Decided to return the former and keep the latter. I really can't get a secure fit with the Jabras, they have their flat, shallow proprietary tips and I don't feel like investing in Complys to fit them, Even with the largest ones, they feel loose. Sound is fine, very nice in fact. But again, fit is critical. With the Fiils, amazing OOB. Great fit, no eq required. At $33, a no-brainer. So the trio I'm keeping are the Melomania 1, the L2P and the Fiils. I have a pair of Tranyas and QCYs, both were under $40, but they are going family members. Don't need them and someone can use them. I really hope I am done. I need to stop obsessing with TW options, haha.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #17,138 of 62,552
Listened to both the Jabra 75t and the Fiil T1x, which both arrived yesterday. Decided to return the former and keep the latter. I really can't get a secure fit with the Jabras, they have their flat, shallow proprietary tips and I don't feel like investing in Complys to fit them, Even with the largest ones, they feel loose. Sound is fine, very nice in fact. But again, fit is critical. With the Fiils, amazing OOB. Great fit, no eq required. At $33, a no-brainer. So the trio I'm keeping are the Melomania 1, the L2P and the Fiils. I have a pair of Tranyas and QCYs, both were under $40, but they are going family members. Don't need them and someone can use them. I really hope I am done. I need to stop obsessing with TW options, haha.
Sound quality alone, which is better?

Dec 12, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #17,140 of 62,552
I need to make a decision soon. I'm sick of the wires after using TWS for a few gym sessions and need to find a good fitting pair that sounds decent and has good controls or a sports style/semi wireless would be ok too.

Seriously give the 1more stylish a try. Or the FiiL TX1s which are $35 rn, but the stylish have much better controls and fit great for the gym.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #17,141 of 62,552
Just got the new replacement of the L2Ps free without returning the old version. The differences are very marginal. Slightly less bright in the highs I’d say. There’s stilly a verrrrrrry low hiss, but it is less than the previous version. The improvements are very minor overall. I do think the new 1.22 update made some little improvements to the sound on iPhone too.

Dec 12, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #17,142 of 62,552
Sound quality alone, which is better?
Well, it's close, which is nuts right? $179 vs. $33. Let's put it this way, I don't feel like I lose much enjoyment listening to the Fiil. Not enough to keep the 75t with that price difference. Yes, the 75t has some nice features, like hearthrough, but again, they feel loose in my ears, can't have that since I use TWs mainly out and about, not at home much. Use the Sony WH1000-MX3 or the Blon 03s in the house. Irony is the 65t were a former TW phone I owned and they fit great, sound was okay. So Jabra made the 75t smaller, and now they feel less secure. Just my ears I guess.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #17,143 of 62,552
The Jabra 75t and the Fiil tX1 both arrived today, I need to get to a meeting (yeah, that kind of meeting).

I listened to the 75t for 20 minutes walking city streets. Love the hearthrough feature. Passive NC is fine, enough for me. Good impression OOB, but need to tweak them a bit I think. The Jabra tips are so comfy, forgot how comfy (formerly owned the 65t). Didn't take the plastic off the Fiils yet. Probably tomorrow. Note: I had $137 gift card on Amazon, so the two cost me about $85 combined. I probably would not have bought the Jabras without that incentive. Still a fan of the CA Melomania 1 and the L2P. Both probably even sound a wee bit better to me than the 75t (not decided that yet, however). But both have design issues in terms of look/fit. L2P look huge sticking out of my ears (though they don't feel like they are falling out), and the M1s do have that really giant sound tube; not as troublesome to me as others have said. I love the small foam tips that came with the M1s, but not a fan of their silicone tips.

The 65t were my first TWs and I liked the fit; thought they were great until I started hearing others. Never use it anymore. Is the sound of the 75t improved much?

Dec 12, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #17,145 of 62,552
I noticed a new version of haylou called gt2 is this any news and has anyone tested it yet?

-Master
Sooo, I received those GT2 today and way too early to do a sound compare, but one thing that struck me as odd, but was never mentioned before: the built into the case cable appears to be the ONLY way to charge them. There is no other USB port !!!
OOB they fit, function & sound nice and personally I prefer clicky buttons over those touch fields. The case it pretty bulky compared to gt1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back