Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 12, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #17,161 of 62,112
Ok. Be patient with me here, i'm super excited about these so bear with the intensity.

Nural NTO1A Impressions. I still have a lot of time I need to spend with these and i'm sure they will need some burn in, but after an evening and today as I listen to them writing here's what I think.

The word that comes to mind is Silky, so far i'm in love, It's really just fun as hell to listen to these. The highs don't sound like anything i've ever heard. they are super detailed but shimmery, the cymbals sound like actual real cymbals :astonished:. It's pretty awesome. however, Overall they seem a little....hmm... not muddy, but they aren't tight as crisp and sharp like the FIIL, which after going back and forth the FIIL can be a little on the bright side at times.
the NT01A's sound quality and sound stage is EXCELLENT. I guess looser and smooth, but very detailed and well, they are almost perfect.

Bass is full and punchy, but not overbearing, awesome mids and highs, I dunno. I think they are pretty incredible, I'd like a little more bass, more like that sub rumble you get from the L2pro, but I'm not even mad, They don't sound like anything I've listened to, so i'm kind of lost for words. They def. sound really full and immersive.

Controls are fine. I don't like the Qualcomm chipsets or their onboard voices etc. the NT01A is almost identical to the T5/M5's onboard voice assistant. Once i got used to the buttons they were easy to use, but I don't like having the volume on only one side. Other than that pairing, resetting, firmware upgrading etc. super easy. They connect really quickly and the range is excellent. I took the wings off, they seem cheap and useless. Also, I guess I misread because I didn't' get spinfits with these (sadface) The stock eartips are nice, well made wide boar tips, but the didn't sound as good to me as the tips that come with the FIIL that sit really closely to the port or the Auvio's which is what i'm currently using. These are a LONG TWS' and insert deeply, which I have no issues with. Love the color, volume is little low for me, I am listening to the Fear Inoculum album by TOOL and 2 notches down from Max and I can go to max with no issue, when it gets busy I bump it down 3 or 4. I think these really excel for music that has more space it. When it get busy, the still sound great, but they don't perform as well with loud, hard, busy music as they do with more chill stuff where there lots of room for them to breathe and really shine.

I'm not a music scientist, but i'd say there's a bit too much low midrange that makes the distorted guitars sound a touch sluggish? and the low bass hangs around a little longer than it should, but I've never heard a TWS' that represented the sound of cymbals as well as these do. It's seriously uncanny.

Oh I almost forgot. No hiss, or high noise floor that I can tell, but then again I never heard one on my L2pros, so it could just be my tinnitus blocking it out, but I did test them with some 0 bit tracks with the volume all the way up and I didn't hear anything. Also on that now, I ran the 20hz to 20khz and I'll be damned if these things didn't sound awesome the whole way up and down.

Final Thoughts I'm going to say it. This is the best TWS' I've heard to date. it's the only one I've heard that gives me beautiful highs and clarity, with great and I mean Great mids and plenty of bass. What i'm noticing is the Tom's and Open snare (a Snare drum with the catch off) don't decay as fast as I'd like. but my final thought is this. These are excellent especially for the money, i'd take these over the MW07, AirPods, XM3, L2pro all day long.

HARD 4.85/5 for the price point i'd like to see wireless charging on the case, a better button, that thing is hard to open. Also, better wings and the buttons are ok, but could be improved. I'm definitely going to check out the N6 when it comes out. To all you dudes, @Luchyres and others, who raved like lunatics about these all those months ago when I joined this thread, I'm on the Nuarl train. Every song I throw at these that just impress and I have already noticed after about 4-5 hours they are sounding better in the low end.

The cymbals sound like real cymbals!!!!!! Wow, I didn't think this day would come XD. In all seriousness though, awesome review and great description of the sound signature. Thanks for checking these out. I'm definitely thinking about them, but still might wait until the N6/N6 Pro. Been looking for a smooth, open, detailed TWS with great tonal accuracy. Many of the wired IEMs that I love have that kind of signature.

Dec 12, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #17,162 of 62,112
Thank you for sharing!

I think I know what you mean re: sluggishness - though I've mentally chalked it up to whatever they have to do re: resonance to get the bass they do out of the 6mm driver - and that perhaps it affects the decay.

I'm very glad you tried them, and thank you for the write-up! It looks like the N6 Pro is about to be out in 3 days or so..... if you have money burning a whole in your pocket.... :grinning: :D

Choo, Nuarl Train, Choo!

3 days until the N6 Pro?! My poor wallet..

Edit: Actually according to their FB page the black versions of the N6/N6 Pro look like they're coming out on the 14th!

https://www.facebook.com/nuarlcom/

Which version are you going for? They describe the pro as a flatter sound signature, while the regular N6 description makes it seem more V-shaped.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #17,163 of 62,112
Guys, i purchased the L2P but call quality is very poor walking from train station to work. Person on other end always says my voice is low and cant hear me. It seems to do good job of reducing background noise though. Do you know if there is a way to turn mic up?

Dec 12, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #17,164 of 62,112
Sadly I agree with you but there isn't anything new in 2019 in the high end camp. Everything is a retread or disappointing. The sony sucks. The new jabra offers no sq improvement. We are waiting on mw07 plus and new bose with ANC. All the innovations are at the chi fi level. But you are right, I have thrown away several hundred in the past months buying cheapies and while fun, they are all basically the same. Someone like Sony needs to offer a high end tw with waterproofing and LDAC. Enough already. I dont care if the battery lasts 2 hours. Just give me what i want. For now, the best money spent is on a bt20s plus a well matched iem.

Exactly what I did until something good comes along. Matched up a set of Campfire Andromedas with the BT20s. But for ease of volume control, instead of the BT20s, I've been keeping them on the Shure RMCE-BT2 adapter. More dangling nuisance but easier to control when I don't want to take the phone out of my pocket.

Just for laughs I tried the Apple Airpods Pro. A (relatively) big letdown in audio quality, but they pair easily with an iPhone, so are convenient for that. However, talking on the phone with the sound isolation is wierd, so they are practically useless. The basic vanilla Apple Airpods are better for talking on the phone.

Dec 12, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #17,165 of 62,112
Sound quality alone, which is better?
Well, as they say in sports, upon further review (and returning to the 75t medium tips, from the large), I am probably going to keep the Jabras. I listened for an hour or so, and they are very nice, not as shrill as the Fill, which can be a bit peaky. Haven't burned in the Fiil at all, so that could be it. Or I can use EQ to tame the highs a bit. But since I paid $56 for the 75t (that Amazon gift card I had hanging around), I think I will keep them, so now I have four pair of TWs, still a mere piker based on the folks who hang on this thread. My issue with fit seems to have been based on trying the larger tips. You have to sort of turn them to get max fit, and that works best for me with medium tips.

Are they worth $179? Tough call considering the sound from some of the lesser priced TW phones. I mean, if I had paid $179 for them, I might have returned them. But again, price was a factor in keeping them. Of course, that gift card was a result of me returning other stuff to Amazon, so you could say I paid full price, but my twisted POV says I paid $56. Just fooling myself. Seems less painless, haha.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #17,166 of 62,112
I did my best to learn to love L2P. There're many things to like for $84 they cost me – looks, build, materials, battery, controls, app (no parametric EQ – boo!), functionality (no auto play/pause – boo!), Qi, USB-C, and last but not least, better than ChFi sound. But after 2 weeks of honest courtship I'm sending them back to Soundcore. It took almost a week to find tips that gave me more or less secure fit and some decent isolation. And no, these were not stock ones, some strays from my drawer finally did the job. Went few times to the gym and L2P survived fine elliptical, stretching and weight lifting. But still all the time I had this nagging feeling that they are about to fall off. Again it's probably just something psychotic on my part after that prolonged fitting trauma. The ogre look in the mirrors probably also didn't help. In the end last straw was shifty SQ. Maybe because my reference in TWS are my original MW07. Not that I'm condoning it, but there's a reason why lack of M&D app isn't that critical – MW07 sound excellent as-is on flat over wide range of music styles. Same with all my favorite wired IEMs, cans and speakers. Not so with L2P – among zillion of EQ presets in their app I couldn't find a single one that would work well even with 1/3 of my typical gym playlist that MW07 would handle with aplomb in its entirety. As a result I had to jump from preset to preset which is no way for a man to spend his time at the gym or to walk over Manhattan. Granted, L2P could sound brilliant on particular track with particular preset, sometimes even better than un-EQ'ed MW07. In this respect I'd venture to say that even T5 are more consistent and are more listenable without EQ than L2P on their Flat, though overall MPOWs are definitely in a lower league SQ-wise than L2P.

Dec 12, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #17,168 of 62,112

Edit: Actually according to their FB page the black versions of the N6/N6 Pro look like they're coming out on the 14th!

Which version are you going for? They describe the pro as a flatter sound signature, while the regular N6 description makes it seem more V-shaped.

Honestly, I appreciate a good V-Shaped signature, but I prefer the TOTL TWS that is capable and balanced, so that I can EQ it to my preferences vs try and re-EQ the lower spec "V-Shaped" one. That being said, if I get the N6 Pro and it's too analytical or can't be tuned to my preference, I'd consider returning and trying the N6.

I did something similar with the L2P - the sound was shrill and fatiguing in the highs/recessed in the mids for me - and I still think it's a crossover BA/DD issue - so I opted to try the L2 non pro. Still didn't keep it, but I did appreciate the tuning difference over the L2P (and lower price).

N6 Pro here I come! (MB, of course) Howabout you @d3myz and @tma6 ?

Dec 12, 2019 at 5:29 PM Post #17,169 of 62,112
Sorru buyed the bomaker scifi but I see 2 scifi unit on bluetooth (one is named L) and I cannot ear together in stereo mode...if I switch from one to the other I can ear "pairing" on the disconnected one!!! Please help

Dec 12, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #17,170 of 62,112
Dec 12, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #17,171 of 62,112
Honestly, I appreciate a good V-Shaped signature, but I prefer the TOTL TWS that is capable and balanced, so that I can EQ it to my preferences vs try and re-EQ the lower spec "V-Shaped" one. That being said, if I get the N6 Pro and it's too analytical or can't be tuned to my preference, I'd consider returning and trying the N6.

I did something similar with the L2P - the sound was shrill and fatiguing in the highs/recessed in the mids for me - and I still think it's a crossover BA/DD issue - so I opted to try the L2 non pro. Still didn't keep it, but I did appreciate the tuning difference over the L2P (and lower price).

N6 Pro here I come! (MB, of course) Howabout you @d3myz and @tma6 ?

I feel similarly that a well-done V-shaped signature can be highly enjoyable, but more balanced sets that I have are generally more versatile. I do actually love the L2Ps, and now that I've received the newest updated version it seems that the overall sound has been balanced out a bit after a few hours of listening and some of that harshness has been tamed (also using Vocal Booster EQ helps a lot w that midrange). I do still feel like there is a slight lack of refinement in the upper range of the L2Ps though. I also like the Tevis for certain situations as I find their detail retrieval to be excellent for a lower cost TWS, though they are certainly more on the analytical side.

I still think like you that I'm going to start out with the N6 Pros. Given the strong reports from you and @d3myz about the great tuning on the previous version, I want to hear how their most detailed set sounds. Also, from looking at some of the early-bird prices, it seems that the Pros are only about $30 more expensive. There's also a chance I also get both for comparison and return one bc I'm insane :)

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #17,172 of 62,112
Oh btw I did end up comparing the T1Xs to the Tevis. Imo Tevis still have a nicer top end and a wider stage, but honestly I like the T1Xs more at this point. You were right about just the fullness in the sound that becomes apparent particularly after a healthy burn in period. Also the bass is no contest. While the T1Xs are not overpowering, they have a great punch and tightness in the bass. Detail retrieval still goes w a slight edge to the Tevis, but it’s super close. I think I’m obsessed w cymbals, but still think the Tevis do the best job w them right now in the TWS space lolll.
Awesome! i'm really glad you compared the two. That being said, when the app for the TEVI finally drops I may have to pick some up again. It's such a shame, the sound beautiful, but they are all front and no back. My new T1x's still need a few more rounds of burn it, they are still a little hot.

Dec 12, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #17,173 of 62,112
The cymbals sound like real cymbals!!!!!! Wow, I didn't think this day would come XD. In all seriousness though, awesome review and great description of the sound signature. Thanks for checking these out. I'm definitely thinking about them, but still might wait until the N6/N6 Pro. Been looking for a smooth, open, detailed TWS with great tonal accuracy. Many of the wired IEMs that I love have that kind of signature.
I'm just guessing here, but I wonder if the N6 will have a totally different sound signature than the NT01a/ax? I mean there are a few areas that they could improve on, like volume and sluggish bass, but man for the money, I'd get both. hell, i'm probably going to.

Dec 12, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #17,174 of 62,112

For myself, I feel like i'd like the V shaped ones better, but it depends on what Nuarl's definition of flat is and if there is an app with an EQ.

Dec 12, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #17,175 of 62,112
One thing that L2P taught me to appreciate is Qi. So, guys, need your advise. Looking for a cheapish "travel" TWS:
  • < $100
  • Decent SQ (a-la T5 or 359)
  • Decent call quality
  • 4+ hour battery
  • BT5
  • Qi
  • USB-C
  • Volume controls
  • Pocketable case
Any such beast exists?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back