Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 5, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #16,831 of 62,400
Is there a certain style I should be looking for to use in the gym? The Jlab and Powerbeats Pro are probably the best fit but anything else?

Hello fellow South Dakotan!
I noticed you're from Sioux Falls in your signature. Welcome to Head-Fi, (and sorry about your wallet, LOL).

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #16,833 of 62,400
Haha thank you. I've tried 1 set of TWS (L2P) and I could not get a good fit. They will be used primarily for the gym...

Same here with the L2P, I could not get a solid deep fit with them due to their housing necessitating a shallow fit.

I haven't tried many TWS, but all others I have tried have had a good secure feel.

HiFiMan TWS600 - Good mids and treble, but lacking bass.
Shanling MTW100 BA - Excellent dynamic balanced sound.
SSK TWS - Good mids and treble, ok bass, budget priced.

EDIT: I would look for the IPX rating of TWS if they're going to be used in the gym.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 9:16 PM Post #16,834 of 62,400
Same here with the L2P, I could not get a solid deep fit with them due to their housing necessitating a shallow fit.

I haven't tried many TWS, but all others I have tried have had a good secure feel.

HiFiMan TWS600 - Good mids and treble, but lacking bass.
Shanling MTW100 BA - Excellent dynamic balanced sound.
SSK TWS - Good mids and treble, ok bass, budget priced.

EDIT: I would look for the IPX rating of TWS if they're going to be used in the gym.

Thank you. The Shanling look like the Sabbat E12...

Dec 5, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #16,835 of 62,400
Look what came in the mail today.
20191205_140747_HDR.jpg

Just as soon as my girlfriend thought I was done getting Amazon packages I hit her with...
Another_One.png

Another One

Dec 5, 2019 at 9:28 PM Post #16,836 of 62,400
Hi Guys! Haven't looked at this thread in about 3 weeks. Anything good bargains lately? Does Chi-Fi the SSK/Anbes/Ofusho have competition? Fill me in.:alien::punch:

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 9:46 PM Post #16,837 of 62,400
Could you tell me if your TE-BD21f-pnk have any noticeable hiss? I got the regular TE-BD21f two days ago, still in burn-in stage. I love the overall package but the hiss kills me. Slightly less than L2P 2nd version, but still quite noticeable. If I paid their regular price in Japan (~$150), I won't mind, but I paid $260 here in USA from 3rd party on Amazon, so it's a little bit hard to swallow. Other than that, I would say they're upgrade, non-fatigue version of L2P with less bass, clearer mids, sparkly yet non piercing highs. The bass impact is still there with good texture and decay from the 9mm DD, just not so profound as L2P. Most importantly, the tonality/timbre is accurate to my ears, which is not the case in L2P. Comparing with Aviot te-d01b and Nuarl nt01ax, they sound sightly warmer and thicker, closer to NW07. Their shape is Frankenstein in ears, but very light (about 5g) and extremely comfortable and great isolation. A funny thing is that their nozzles are oval shape, and the stock tips are oval as well both in stem and outer, a first in my IEM collections. Their sound sig is tuned toward main stream music, which surprised me as I excepted they go up along te-d01b. Without the hiss, they're a keeper, though not so wowed as by te-d01b. Now with the hiss, I may still keep them in rotation, considering the difficulty in returning them. The seller delivered them in 2 days from Japan, and responded well with my concerns, sending me an English manual. I'll see if I can stand the hiss later on.

No, no discernible hiss, on either Spotify or stored music. Source is a Galaxy Note 10.

I'm beginning to like these more and more, the bass impact is becoming stronger with burn in, yet the mids and highs are still present, with no equalization.

Dec 5, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #16,838 of 62,400
Dec 5, 2019 at 10:29 PM Post #16,839 of 62,400
Huh... No matter what I also can't get a good fit for my left ear with the L2P, be it the included silicones, or any foam tips that I have (and I have a lot of eartips and foam tips!). And dont get me started on the wingtips, I have to fit the largest wingtips to fit my ears, but no matter what, my left ear is no bueno! It keeps popping out...

So if I were to rank the TWS I have on hand, my preference are:
1) Tronsmart Spunky Beat (bass, mids, highs, all just the right amount - what's not to love?) (rock solid connections, they fit like a glove right out of the box and they're freakin' cheap, got them for only $18!!!)
2) Soundcore L2P (can't beat the bass, soundstage and highs - if only they fit properly on my left ear)
3) Sabbat E12 Ultra (sounds very good, but I think I have a defective pair, the connection sucks! Even if I move my head a bit to the left or right, the opposite earphone will just go silent, until I move my head back to straight forward! So not recommended for the gym!)
4) Creative Outlier Air (my first pair of TWS, showing it's age, although it's only 7 months! Bass is a plenty but other than that everything is a bit recessed, soundstage, mids, highs... But they fit oh so snug.. using the E12 Ultra's small TWS silicone!)

Dec 5, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #16,840 of 62,400
Back again, decided to give tws a try if I can figure out the "best bang for the buck" pair.
Budget is low, really low, like 20-30€
Has to be shipped from EU, taxes an custom and whatnot =\
Read through this thread from start to end.
From what I remember these are highly praised for the money.

Anbes 359
Mpow m5
Tronsmart spunky (can't find the low price mentioned here)
Qcy something (don't remember the one recommend,found t5 within my budget)

Anything else I should look at?

Preferences are balanced sound that works for everything, I listen to classical,through hip-hop to metal,not a basshead but I do appreciate some thump.
Is there a tws that fits my rather sad budget?

Or should I just order a new pair of Kz ed9's that are "good enough" and so cheap I can actually afford them without my wallet crying..
Thanks

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 10:58 PM Post #16,841 of 62,400
Is there a certain style I should be looking for to use in the gym? The Jlab and Powerbeats Pro are probably the best fit but anything else?

What's your budget man? Could try to make some suggestions. Been trying out FiiL T1Xs and they're def worth a try at $50. Fit is tough to gauge bc it is unique for each person. Actually, if you're looking for pure comfort, ease at the gym, with solid sound I'd also take a look at the 1more stylish which you can get for around $75 on amazon rn.

Dec 5, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #16,842 of 62,400
Hi Guys! Haven't looked at this thread in about 3 weeks. Anything good bargains lately? Does Chi-Fi the SSK/Anbes/Ofusho have competition? Fill me in.:alien::punch:

You only missed 11.11. and BF :wink:

The Tronsmart Spunky Beat recently got some good hype here as cheapest AptX with pretty neat sound which were avavilable for 19.99 now back to 25 (always check scarbir for latest reviews, Bartig is not done yet with hoarding, while I am slowing down and might rather focus on some more top end models this xmas)

Dec 5, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #16,843 of 62,400
Back again, decided to give tws a try if I can figure out the "best bang for the buck" pair.
Budget is low, really low, like 20-30€
Read through this thread from start to end.
From what I remember these are highly praised for the money.

Anbes 359
Mpow m5
Qcy something (don't remember the one recommend,found t5 within my budget)

Anything else I should look at?
With the Anbes and SSK so difficult to come across, I would recommend the Soundpeats TrueDot. Currently $25.50, thats 15% off if you can buy direct. If not Amazon (U.S) has them for $23.99 after you clip the $6 off coupon. Swedish prices may vary. I own the Anbes, SSK, and the TrueDot and have no problem recommending them for a budget option. I believe they even share the same Realtek chip. Surprised they are not discussed more on this thread.

Dec 5, 2019 at 11:09 PM Post #16,844 of 62,400
I see that Anker is offering the L2P for $40 off again. With so much love on this forum, maybe the one or two stalwarts here who are getting their “free” third version, could request Anker for an additional discount for us mere mortals.

Dec 5, 2019 at 11:19 PM Post #16,845 of 62,400
With the Anbes and SSK so difficult to come across, I would recommend the Soundpeats TrueDot. Currently $25.50, thats 15% off if you can buy direct. If not Amazon (U.S) has them for $23.99 after you clip the $6 off coupon. Swedish prices may vary. I own the Anbes, SSK, and the TrueDot and have no problem recommending them for a budget option. I believe they even share the same Realtek chip. Surprised they are not discussed more on this thread.

Those looked small and nice in form factor, but "item does not ship to Sweden"
And when I try to eBay them price is almost dubbled =\
Ssk?
My best chance seems to be through eBay and limiting the search to Europe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back