Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 4, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #16,696 of 62,435
Reading all these posts on the L2Ps and can definitely understand some people having fit issues, though they fit my ears perfectly. They are a bit bulky. For me sound wise they are not the most versatile set since they do have a somewhat loose, heavier, resonant bass that does not pair great with more subtle tracks, however for tracks that benefit from that type of bass there's no other TWS that I've tried so far that can give you that experience without bass becoming muddied or distorted. Regarding the highs on the L2Ps, I definitely get why those who are treble sensitive could have issues for certain tracks, however they also have some of the better detail retrieval on the market for that price and blow the APPs out of the water in this regard imo. I do think the Vocal Booster EQ setting in the app really helps control both the highs and the bass on the L2Ps so I highly recommend trying it.

I still think the MW07/MW07+ have the best bass and overall balanced and detailed sound I've heard in a TWS set. For me they're still at the top, but the price is obviously tough.

In other news, I have to say the Fiil T1X are actually pretty solid so far. Just received them today and really like the overall tonality of the mids and highs particularly for the price. Considering doing a shorter review and comparison to other TWS I have at the moment.
I just swapped the tips on my FIILs and am using the stock L2P tips and man they sound excellent. Also, remember the FIIL app. there are tons of features, including an EQ. I think they sound better than the MW07. :wink:

Dec 4, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #16,697 of 62,435
I recently became very intrigued in the Fiil T1X earbuds, however, the AAC/SBC Bluetooth codec kind of put me off, because I use Android and I hear AAC has no significant benefits for Android users and SBC is inconsistent and aged(?) I would have idealised aptX.

Does anyone have any inputs on this? How is the experience on Android? What are your thoughts about these earbuds in general?

Dec 4, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #16,698 of 62,435
I recently became very intrigued in the Fiil T1X earbuds, however, the AAC/SBC Bluetooth codec kind of put me off, because I use Android and I hear AAC has no significant benefits for Android users and SBC is inconsistent and aged(?) I would have idealised aptX.

Does anyone have any inputs on this? How is the experience on Android? What are your thoughts about these earbuds in general?
I used to think the same way. Then I found out that the codec doesn't really matter at all. I have SBC buds that sound far better than others with APTX.

Dec 4, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #16,699 of 62,435
I wanted to mention that I contacted amazon about my MPOW T5's connection issues and creaky buttons. They got me over to MPOW and MPOW replaced them with the M5. Sound quality is the same, but the buttons feel so much better and easier to press. Also, the case hinge is more sturdy and the case doesn't have a tendency to want to fall on it's back when it's open. 3rd and final, the Tips it comes with now are actually much nicer in my ears they are at newer circular flat design, I'm using the larges with my Xm3's and they feel great.

Dec 4, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #16,701 of 62,435
Last edited:
Dec 4, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #16,702 of 62,435
I just swapped the tips on my FIILs and am using the stock L2P tips and man they sound excellent. Also, remember the FIIL app. there are tons of features, including an EQ. I think they sound better than the MW07. :wink:

Hahah I wouldn't go that far having now done an a/b comparison between the T1X and MW07, but they definitely sound excellent. MW07 has a refinement and tuning that is unmatched for me in the TWS space. The app is very solid for EQ, though wish you could also change the weird control configuration.

Dec 4, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #16,703 of 62,435

On Ios, Mac Os , Ipad Os, they are fantastic. In my top 5 right now. @mattedialdoc hates the controls just like I did when I first got them, but I think they sound like the Rimor's and the Tevi's are supposed at nearly 1/2 the price point.

Dec 4, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #16,704 of 62,435
Uhhhh after a few more hours of listening, the Fiil T1X should be getting a lot more attention here. I was able to snag them for $40 w a $10 off coupon on Amazon, though I think that's gone now. Looks like they're $50.

https://www.amazon.com/True-Wireles...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Probably will post some sort of review in the next few days. They sound fantastic at this price point.

On Ios, Mac Os , Ipad Os, they are fantastic. In my top 5 right now. @mattedialdoc hates the controls just like I did when I first got them, but I think they sound like the Rimor's and the Tevi's are supposed at nearly 1/2 the price point.
Thanks for the helpful addendum! Do you have the list stored somewhere, @d3myz ? I would take a look at it if you don't mind.

Dec 4, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #16,705 of 62,435
Hahah I wouldn't go that far having now done an a/b comparison between the T1X and MW07, but they definitely sound excellent. MW07 has a refinement and tuning that is unmatched for me in the TWS space. The app is very solid for EQ, though wish you could also change the weird control configuration.
Are you using the stock MW07 tips? I needs mids in my music and the MW07 is thinner without a doubt.It seems to achieve better seperation by removing the low mids, really weird when I compare the two back and forth, especially with heavy music. Once I removed those awful stock tips they def. got better, but man break those T1x's in. I let them play over night and the sound even more responsive today. I don't think the bass response is as tight as the MW07, but the highs and mids def. sound less empty to me.

Dec 4, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #16,707 of 62,435
While we're discussing the MW07, I finally picked up another paid of the Jet Black MW07 Go from Best Buy yesterday after returning my first pair back in October and I am no longer having the battery or pairing issues with these so far (only day 2 so knock on wood). I was able to pair pretty effortlessly to two different phones (just to be clear, I am NOT referring to multipoint but my old set had trouble pairing to another phone after disconnecting from my primary phone) and the battery charged fully to 100% unlike my first set. The clarity/SQ and battery life are fantastic. They have been running since 9:30 am EST today at 30-50% volume depending on whether they were in my ear or not and the battery is currently at 65% 7 hours later. I listen to music at lower volumes that most so I have been using them at 30-40% volume on my S9 when actually listening to music and raised the volume a bit when not in my ears hoping some "burn in" will help tame the treble a bit (I know whether or not burn in works is always debated but one can hope). I also ordered some large Spinfit CP100z tips hoping they may help and also fit in the case. I use the medium CP100z on my Senn MTW and am currently using the large Spinfit CP360 tips on the MW07 Go but noticed the stock tips are longer than the CP360 and I can't get a seal with the medium CP100z tips because the MW07 Go seems to sit a little further from the ear than the MTWs due to the fins.

Glad I gave these a second try.

Dec 4, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #16,708 of 62,435
In the end your ears are the final judge, not the codec name. People tend to assign to codec some totemic importance in the sound quality. In fact it's just a small part in a very long and complex psycho-acoustic chain that in sum makes or breaks the sound you perceive. That's why you can have TWS with the most advanced QC chip sporting the best AptX HD implementation while in the end it still produces cringe inducing sounds, all because they skimped on the driver or didn't know how to properly design and tune the chamber. Or, as an opposite example, there's MW07 Plus/Go omitting AAC and still sounding awesome on iPhones, and that just using "lowly" SBC.

Dec 4, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #16,709 of 62,435
Are you using the stock MW07 tips? I needs mids in my music and the MW07 is thinner without a doubt.It seems to achieve better seperation by removing the low mids, really weird when I compare the two back and forth, especially with heavy music. Once I removed those awful stock tips they def. got better, but man break those T1x's in. I let them play over night and the sound even more responsive today. I don't think the bass response is as tight as the MW07, but the highs and mids def. sound less empty to me.

Actually now that you mention it I generally use foam tips on my original MW07s, and if I switch to silicon I use Final Audio tips. I find the detail in highs on the MW07s to be better so far. I definitely agree with the mids being slightly recessed on the MW07s so I usually use EQ to bring out the mids a bit. With that little EQ help the actual quality of the mids on the MW07s sound beautiful to me. The T1Xs midrange is also surprisingly great though. The tonality is right on point with a natural presentation and great detail and realism in most instruments and vocals. There's also an overall cohesion to the T1Xs sound that is fantastic. And while they're not super wide, there's some height to the sound for good instrument separation, and the imaging is really amazing considering the price. Gonna let them burn in for sure, but even as of right now they're keepers for me.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #16,710 of 62,435
In the end your ears are the final judge, not the codec name. People tend to assign to codec some totemic importance in the sound quality. In fact it's just a small part in a very long and complex psycho-acoustic chain that in sum makes or breaks the sound you perceive. That's why you can have TWS with the most advanced QC chip sporting the best AptX HD implementation while in the end it still produces cringe inducing sounds, all because they skimped on the driver or didn't know how to properly design and tune the chamber. Or, as an opposite example, there's MW07 Plus/Go omitting AAC and still sounding awesome on iPhones, and that just using "lowly" SBC.
Well-presented and fair point! I think I will focus less attention on the codec from now on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back