Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 26, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #16,172 of 62,431
Anyone want to trade a Tranya B530 for a Rimor set that I have straight-up?

Nov 26, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #16,175 of 62,431
I got my Tranya Rimor's in the mail yesterday. Just got a chance to try them out this morning. My initial impressions are pretty positive. I haven't done an A-B test with the B530s yet, but my initial impressions from memory are that these are just slightly below them as far as sound quality goes. The bass is a little stronger, but the mids and highs aren't as clear. That said they still sound great to me. This is with medium Auvio tips. I wasn't a fan of the stock tips. The B530s are still probably my 2nd favorite TWS for sound quality behind the Liberty 2 Pros. The B530s are more comfortable as well. One thing I love about the B530s is how they're almost perfectly rounded to fit the cup right outside your ear canal. It's an uncannily perfect fit for my ears at least. These have an odd hump behind the nozzle that makes them not fit as well. They're not uncomfortable by any means, just not AS comfortable.

I don't see why Tranya is pricing these so high though. There's nothing overly special about them. If they were in the same price range as the B530 and Mpow T5 they would make more sense. I guess they're banking on people seeing that Environmental Noise Cancelling and thinking it's something special. As far as I can tell it only applies to the microphones for phone calls.

Edit: One of the first things I do with a new set of headphones is set up a Samsung Adapt Sound profile for them. They did sound quite blah on the high end for me with the stock tips and no Adapt Sound.
I'd like to hear your impressions of the Rimor without the Samsung Adapt Sound profile on. I tried for days to like them via Iphone no eq'ing. The bulbs didn't fit great in my ears and no matter what tips I used, I didn't feel like I was getting a great fit like the B503's. Also, If you have an SSK or Anbes 359, do an A/B test an prepare to be shocked. I will say that the drivers in the Rimor are def. the same if not better quality than the B503's they have really excellent textured bass,but there's just not much of it. I also found them really responsive and the soundstage is great.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #16,176 of 62,431
Thing is, they look absolutely beautiful. Story time. I went to Hawaii for vacation and took them with me to use poolside. I'd listen and relax for 1.5 to 2 hours, jump in the pool, jump out of the pool, apply sunscreen, resume listening. Walk around with those things in, fill up my soda cup, walk back to lounger, proceed to lounge. Repeat.
I'm not going to lie, i'm really excited for them and that's a wonderful story. :wink:

Nov 26, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #16,177 of 62,431
Hi all, I received my SSK BT03 last night, here are my findings compared to what I already have:

1) Bose 700: Great bass, detailed high. slight V shaped. Was my best sounding headphone for a while. I knew what sound I was looking for - so still searching.

2) Umidig Upods: No bass, not even average, Does not seal well. Have to turn off blue tooth so the buds can pair. Giving away soon,

3) Letscom ST-BE30: Thin mids, shouty highs, no bass. But good seal.

4) MPOW M5:
The mids are a tad less recessed than Bose 700. Cheap as it may be, the m5 has replaced the Bose 700 as my favourite sound. Although there are reports that the M5 highs are rolled off - the sound signature is exactly what I'm looking for (they sound thick which I like) - the metal string Acoustic guitars do not thin out like they do with most earphones that I've tried. Snare drums and rim shots sounded full bodied and not come off like toys (some KZ earphones my audiophile friends raved about fall into this category--like toys). The bass is excellent,.. smooth like how a bass guitarist would touch the strings. BTW when a guitarist touch the string it should sound like touching and not plucking nor slapping - if you know what i mean.

5) SSK-BT03:
Enter the SSK BT03.... it's Fabulous...
The M5 mids sounded thicker. The SSK sounded clearer.
The SSK bass seems to be louder, have more impact, tightness or slam.
At first listen - I thought Mpow M5 has met it's match... I'd describe the SSK as the M5 on bass steroids. And would pick the SSK as my new #1
But after a few rounds of listening, I finally figured it out - the SSK sounds great for electronic music and movies - with that impactful bass.
When I played instrumental band music on ssk- it sounded like the bass guitarist has gone rogue - turning up his bass vol by 10% and heavily plucking the strings.
Thus music with running bass on M5 sounds smooth while there is some attack / staccato effect on SSK BT03.

For reasons above my personal preference goes to MPOW M5 due to the type of instrumental music I listen to.
If you prefer deeper, more impactful / tight bass - SSK BT03 is better than M5. If you don't mind that rogue bass guitarist doing his heavy stuff in there.

Hope it helps.. I'm still trying to stay low budget :)

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #16,178 of 62,431
Unless you plan to do some serious tuning to the Rimor, i'd keep the B530. The stock sound isn't great.

You have my offer flipped. It's the Rimor that I am offering for someone's B530.

Nov 26, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #16,179 of 62,431
Fiio coming with a TRN BT20 like device

https://www.fiio.com/utws1

Cool. Looks like a rebranded BT20S.

But it may have some improvements, this site mentions possible volume control:
https://watchmono.com/blog-entry-10299.html

FiiO_UTWS1_01.jpg

Nov 26, 2019 at 8:32 PM Post #16,181 of 62,431
Nov 26, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #16,185 of 62,431
However I assume APP still uses master and slave for stereo mode where Qualcomm Tue Stereo Plus connect directly to the phone for both left and right buds. This resulted in lower latency and battery life to the master bud.
It doesn't use master and slave. You can use either L or R earpiece at a time with the other in the case. So, there is no master and slave thing going on. So my point is that, 'True Stereo Plus' Qualcomm advertises is not necessary for each earpiece to work independently with Android phones. APP is low latency, and I would imagine non-master and slave system would have the lower latency.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back