Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 20, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #15,826 of 62,431
Nice, I also reached out to Ida@tranya.com a couple weeks ago when they were on pre-order, told her I wanted to test them. She asked me to wait until they showed up on Amazon, so i'm hoping Tranya will comp. me like the did with the B530's. I'd suggest others to do the same and reach out for a demo. :L3000:

Just FYI I reached out as well and Tranya offered to refund my purchase after reviewing. Bought on Amazon but won't be here until next Tues. Thanks for the tip!

But I also have a pair coming from pre-ordering directly from Tranya. Will either return those or sell to someone on this thread who would want to try them at a deep discount from $80.

Nov 20, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #15,827 of 62,431
Wow, I really appreciate your contribution @Erevan sharing your experience with both TWS. That's a clear and precise comparison betwen them.

So, the final list has been reduced for the moment:

- Sennheiser True Wireless
- Jabra Elite 75t
- Master & Dynamics MW07 Plus/Go
- Bang & Olufsen Beoplay E8 2.0

Why not the Amazon Echo Buds ? As per my previous feedback they check all the boxes, SQ, best in class isolation (passive+ANR), Ambient, Fit, Comfort, Alexa (hands free, can be turned off) at a price that's very competitive. I'm surprised only 3 of us here have gone for them honestly when you see how many "compulsive" purchases there are for random TWEs :wink:

Nov 20, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #15,828 of 62,431
Just to add some more information (from my personal experience, opinion), the Sennheiser MTW and MW07 Plus/Go are in a different league compared to Jabra/B&O, from a sound quality perspective.
Just to add another opinion, after creating my favored EQ profile, and 5 days of nearly continuous use, I consider my 75t to now rank at the top of my list of owned TWS phones, considering SQ, comfort and features. (Using Android sources plus Sound+ app for customization )

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #15,829 of 62,431
Wow, I really appreciate your contribution @Erevan sharing your experience with both TWS. That's a clear and precise comparison betwen them.

- Jabra Elite 75t
Apple user? If you have an iPhone, heads up, the MW07 Plus does not have AAC, which is a big bummer.

Nov 20, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #15,831 of 62,431
Why not the Amazon Echo Buds ? As per my previous feedback they check all the boxes, SQ, best in class isolation (passive+ANR), Ambient, Fit, Comfort, Alexa (hands free, can be turned off) at a price that's very competitive. I'm surprised only 3 of us here have gone for them honestly when you see how many "compulsive" purchases there are for random TWEs :wink:

Thought about them, but as I could see user opinions are not enough possitive here

Nov 20, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #15,832 of 62,431
Just to add another opinion, after creating my favored EQ profile, and 5 days of nearly continuous use, I consider my 75t to now rank at the top of my list of owned TWS phones, considering SQ, comfort and features. (Using Android sources plus Sound+ app for customization )

Thanks for your opinion on them, I have seen very possitive feedback on jabra 75t

Could you share with us which are your favourite tws?

Nov 20, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #15,833 of 62,431
Nice! I’m running ER2XRs using the Fostex TM2 (mentioned it earlier in the thread). Chose it over the BT20 due to the promise of an ambient mode (it... exists) and EQ functionality (“coming soon”). I also had to shave the plastic off the MMCX connectors due to the recessed plugs on Etymotics.

The upside-down wear style looks really interesting. How do they stay up??

I wanted to try the TM2 but couldn't justify the cost difference. I also find the ER2XR sound to be the best of the ER range.

Wearing my set upside down with the TRN works great. The wires are really strong bends and just kind of clip on. very secure.

Does the ambient mode work well?

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #15,834 of 62,431

- Jabra Elite 75t

If the price tag doesn't scare you I think the MW07 Plus is tops on this list imo, particularly if you have an Android. Also, if you just primarily care about SQ and comfort, from my first few days using them, the Liberty 2 Pros should also be on your list particularly if they are still on sale on Amazon with the code JIMMYL2P ($40 off). They sound great so far in my testing, especially if you love resonant bass and clarity.

Nov 20, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #15,835 of 62,431
Nov 20, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #15,836 of 62,431
I just got the JEET Air Plus,
The packaging and the build is quite exquisite for $55 earbuds. I like the sound a lot (I like balanced armatures) though the included tips, which cover half the body of the shell, are not the best sealing and don't help with bass. Luckily the stems are very normal so you can decapitate the covers and use whatever tip you want. The earbuds have a strange protrusion on the inner side of the shell (I think you are supposed to twist in under the anti-helix but that seems difficult) that might cause comfort issues with some, I haven't had hours to test it yet.

The box makes them very giftable for the season, but they have some touch issues they need to address.

One unique aspect that they don't mention is that these are not touch controlled but work with haptic sensors. You can flick your ears twice to get them to register an action if you so wished. I emailed them and hopefully they will update their descriptions, otherwise I see a lot of people getting confused and returning them.They also need a little more forceful of a rap than ideal to get going.

They have an app that allows you to update firmware (there is already one out to customize touch strength) and change sound profiles. They have a built in DSP (all qualcomm 30** ones do) and they allow a dynamic bass profile. I found the Pure Audio one to work best, but they don't have descriptions on the sound profiles so god knows what they do. The app also needs some english help, which I might just send them out of kindness since it's four lines of text :D

They also connect as soon as you flip the lid up (the case has a pairing button for the first pairing) and so are connected by the time you get them to your ear. the earphones themselves have a discreet white led on the side.

Unfortunately they only have two actions (double tap right, double tap left). I'm also talking with them to get them to implement an optional single tap(they are concerned with accidental bumps since its haptic) and triple tap.

They don't hiss (not very audibly), and the microphones are quite good even with background noise. If they make the touch functionality a little more reasonable and include bonus baggy with a decapitated body cover and more robust tips they are a very easy recommendation in the $50 range.'ll make a more detailed review later.

Even if I'm stuck with play/pause and next track I don't see looking for more. Excitement aside, this is all very preliminary, if they start having connection issues, or if they are not unpairing and pairing as they should, I will note it.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #15,837 of 62,431
Holy cow, my dude. I was just on amazon looking at the echo buds. I was thinking about snagging a pair to compare to the Rimor which is coming tomorrow, but then I saw they got a 3.4/ 5 yikes.

How are those Rimors?? I'm super curious.

Nov 20, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #15,838 of 62,431
How are those Rimors?? I'm super curious.

They took them off the Tranya site and are out of stock on Amazon until Nov 25th. Maybe got a huge rush of orders recently.

Nov 20, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #15,839 of 62,431
They took them off the Tranya site and are out of stock on Amazon until Nov 25th. Maybe got a huge rush of orders recently.

Word that makes sense. You got them?

Nov 20, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #15,840 of 62,431
Thanks for your opinion on them, I have seen very possitive feedback on jabra 75t

Could you share with us which are your favourite tws?
75t
Mavin Air-X
Libratone Track Air+
Shanling MTW 100 (BA)
Bomaker SiFi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back