Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 19, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #15,796 of 62,112
Anyone used the MEE AUDIO PINNACLE P2 with the BT20/s? Drop has it for $25. I remember looking at these before I bought my iBasso It01's and they were similarly priced.
I don't have the BT20s, but I do have the P2s -- I've never been that impressed with them and they quickly fell out of rotation. They are nowhere near the capability of the P1s/PXs, which I adore and still listen to. I think that contributed to my take on them -- I kept comparing them to the P1s, which they're not (but they also cost a fraction of the price, especially with that deal).

But for $25, it might just be worth a try. They aren't overly sensitive, so they shouldn't hiss much, and they don't take much power to drive well (unlike the P1s, where more is better). I'm a little surprised they're blowing out the stock -- I wonder if MEE has something else in the works or if they're just trying to shrink the product line. If you do buy them, do yourself a favor and throw the stock cable in the trash straight away.

Nov 19, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #15,798 of 62,112
I don't have the BT20s, but I do have the P2s -- I've never been that impressed with them and they quickly fell out of rotation. They are nowhere near the capability of the P1s/PXs, which I adore and still listen to. I think that contributed to my take on them -- I kept comparing them to the P1s, which they're not (but they also cost a fraction of the price, especially with that deal).

But for $25, it might just be worth a try. They aren't overly sensitive, so they shouldn't hiss much, and they don't take much power to drive well (unlike the P1s, where more is better). I'm a little surprised they're blowing out the stock -- I wonder if MEE has something else in the works or if they're just trying to shrink the product line. If you do buy them, do yourself a favor and throw the stock cable in the trash straight away.

Thanks for your feedback. I have a couple MMCX BT cables i've collected may give them a shot with them. I also just got these Blon BL03 a lot of folks were raging about, They sound pretty good for the money, very warm, but I really need to pull the trigger on the BT20s. all the cables I have for 2-pin and MMCX are BT 4.1 and 4.2.

Nov 19, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #15,799 of 62,112
What's the differences between the BT20 and the BT20S
BT20S adds Aptx, somewhat longer play time and some protection from moisture.

Nov 19, 2019 at 6:40 PM Post #15,801 of 62,112
I've ordered the JEET Air plus. As far as I can tell, they are the only tws under $75 ($55 or so) with an app that can change sound profiles, button actions and offer firmware updates.
Interesting. Looks like just a single BA drive unit? Curious if they can reproduce lows sufficiently. All single/dual BA setups I've tried have always been a light on the bass. Admittedly, I do enjoy bass, so maybe I'm just not a BA only guy.

A little leery on the Chi-Fi Apps. Spyware? Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Nov 19, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #15,802 of 62,112
Interesting. Looks like just a single BA drive unit? Curious if they can reproduce lows sufficiently. All single/dual BA setups I've tried have always been a light on the bass. Admittedly, I do enjoy bass, so maybe I'm just not a BA only guy.

A little leery on the Chi-Fi Apps. Spyware? Maybe I'm just paranoid.
It doesn't have ads and its on the official Google platform, it also works when you deny it permissions to files and such. I also can delete it once I put the settings I want it. I'll let you all know once I receive them. I prefer single ba earphones to dynamics generally so we shall see.

Nov 19, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #15,803 of 62,112
The MW07 Go = MW07 + triple battery life
MW07Plus = MW07 + triple battery life + ANC (not as good as Sony) + sensor to pause/unpause when you taking the phones out of your ears.
Not exactly, original MW07 has auto pause/resume. Other not mentioned differences: MW07 Plus is smaller, besides ANC has transparency mode, lacks AAC support (only AptX).

Nov 19, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #15,804 of 62,112
If anyone was interested in a TWS Etymotic, I’ve found that they work really well with the TRN BT20(S) adapters.

Needed to shave off about 1/32nd of the rubber on the TRN adapter for the MMCX to connect properly, then put a tiny bit of heat shrink over the adapter and the earphone to cover the small gap. Very easy and heat shrink not necessary, just made it look pretty.

The big differences between the TRN BT20 and BT20S is that the ’S’ model has a matte finish, runs with higher gain, has better battery life and supports APT-X. Both models support AAC, so if you’re primarily using a Mac / IOS, you may not find much benefit with the S model.

Here’s the results of testing I’ve done with the Etymotic models I have access to.

Etymotic ER4 XR
TRN BT20 - No Hiss
TRN BT20S - No Hiss

Etymotic ER3 XR
TRN BT20 - Slight Hiss
TRN BT20S - Noticeable Hiss

Etymotic ER2 XR
TRN BT20 - No Hiss
TRN BT20S - No Hiss

Microphone quality sucks on both.

BT connectivity and sound quality are stellar.

I have to say that with my iPhone I notice zero difference between these and wired from a sound quality perspective.

Definitely my new favorite gadget.

Lq5kEcC.png

Can be securely and comfortably worn in two different ways.

WvZbf2L.png

HTm3hSz.png

i did try it a few months ago when i first got the BT20S, and i can confirn too that there's no hiss with the ER4XR. i even don't have to make any modifications / shaving the rubber to make a solid connection.

the only problem that i have with this combo is the way i use the Etys they need to point forward and up in my ears. add the really stiff cables of the BT20S, the only way i can fit it in my ears is with the BT20S unit in front of the ears.

Nov 19, 2019 at 7:57 PM Post #15,805 of 62,112
A kinda funny new feature here...
TAST702BK_00-IMS-en_US

Philips new Action Fit wireless will have BT5.0, 6 hours battery life, 15 minutes for 1.5 hours quick charge, IPX5, wing tips for a secure fit, and....

the charge case UV cleanses the earbuds. Put them in the case and they undergo a UV cleaning cycle to "remove bacteria" :)

Nov 19, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #15,807 of 62,112
TAST702BK_00-IMS-en_US

Philips new Action Fit wireless will have BT5.0, 6 hours battery life, 15 minutes for 1.5 hours quick charge, IPX5, wing tips for a secure fit, and....

the charge case UV cleanses the earbuds. Put them in the case and they undergo a UV cleaning cycle to "remove bacteria" :)
SOLD!

Nov 19, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #15,808 of 62,112
TAST702BK_00-IMS-en_US

Wow, bacteria AND it even removes the dreaded "acteria"! Can't wait for this review. I feel clean already!

Hopefully, they put more care in the TWS' than the website.

https://www.usa.philips.com/c-p/TAST702BK_00/actionfit-wireless-headphone#see-all-benefits
upload_2019-11-19_17-18-1.png

Nov 19, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #15,809 of 62,112
If anyone was interested in a TWS Etymotic, I’ve found that they work really well with the TRN BT20(S) adapters.

Needed to shave off about 1/32nd of the rubber on the TRN adapter for the MMCX to connect properly, then put a tiny bit of heat shrink over the adapter and the earphone to cover the small gap. Very easy and heat shrink not necessary, just made it look pretty.

The big differences between the TRN BT20 and BT20S is that the ’S’ model has a matte finish, runs with higher gain, has better battery life and supports APT-X. Both models support AAC, so if you’re primarily using a Mac / IOS, you may not find much benefit with the S model.

Here’s the results of testing I’ve done with the Etymotic models I have access to.

Etymotic ER4 XR
TRN BT20 - No Hiss
TRN BT20S - No Hiss

Etymotic ER3 XR
TRN BT20 - Slight Hiss
TRN BT20S - Noticeable Hiss

Etymotic ER2 XR
TRN BT20 - No Hiss
TRN BT20S - No Hiss

Microphone quality sucks on both.

BT connectivity and sound quality are stellar.

I have to say that with my iPhone I notice zero difference between these and wired from a sound quality perspective.

Definitely my new favorite gadget.

Lq5kEcC.png

Can be securely and comfortably worn in two different ways.

WvZbf2L.png

HTm3hSz.png

Nice! I’m running ER2XRs using the Fostex TM2 (mentioned it earlier in the thread). Chose it over the BT20 due to the promise of an ambient mode (it... exists) and EQ functionality (“coming soon”). I also had to shave the plastic off the MMCX connectors due to the recessed plugs on Etymotics.

The upside-down wear style looks really interesting. How do they stay up??

Nov 19, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #15,810 of 62,112
Definitely returning the APP. Can’t get a seal in the right ear no matter the tip and sound quality is lackluster for $250.

interested now in the L2P. For anyone that’s had the Sony XM3s, how do the L2Ps compete sound wise? I thought the Sony’s were quite good. Will I really miss noise canceling if I went with the L2P? How well do they isolate for commutes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back