Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 19, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #15,781 of 62,420
I got an e-mail from here today, with instructions on demoing the Rimor. luckily I ordered them yesterday, looks like there's 1 left on amazon.
Snatched the last one!

Nov 19, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #15,782 of 62,420
I'm not sure if you're using Spotify, Amazon HD, Tidal, FLAC, etc., or even what kind of music you prefer, but I quite enjoy Fleetwood Mac's 50th Anniversary Edition on the L2P. I agree that many recent recordings are certainly overproduced, so they do sound sharp here and there on the L2P, but most of the stuff I listen to are remastered 80s into 90s/early 00s (all genres), before Millennials took over in the studio. :wink:
Most of my content is either FLAC or high bitrate AAC converted from FLAC. And yeah, that Fleetwood Mac album sounds fine on L2P.

Doing some more listening today, I am probably getting more used to them as I find them less offending today than I did yesterday. :)

Nov 19, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #15,783 of 62,420
Hello everybody!!

I've read about this thread, so I've come to ask the experts some recommendations about best TWS in the market. I priorize the comfort followed by the sound quality.

For the last few days I have made an intensive research about this matter, and have read soooo many reviews and opinions about the different models, but I'm still a bit confused about that, as I couldn't find enough direct comparatives between the models.

For the moment, the best models are supposed to be the following but none of them seem to be flawless

Jabra Elite 75t
Creative Outlier Gold
Master & Dynamic MW07 True Wireless
Bang & Olufsen Beoplay E8 2.0
Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless
Sony WF-1000XM3
Audio-Technica ATH-CKS5TW

What to you think about this list? I obviate the apple model as I'm an Android user.

Thanks in advance
I can only compare 3 models, MW07, SMTW and Sony. About the comfort, SMTW is the best, you don't feel the headphones at all. Next is MW07, it fits well and comfortably, very secure, but sometimes you can feel the "wings" in your ears. There is no pain or discomfort in long time (I use them at work), just that you can feel it sometimes. For Sony, it is comfortable when sitting still, but when you move you can feel the bulky headphone, and it is difficult to have a secure fit, it feels loose in your ear.

About the SQ, I rate MW07 > Sony > SMTW. The sound signature of SMTW is different from both MW07 and Sony, so you may like it better.

I also only care about comfort and SQ, that's why I choose MW07. Sony and SMTW has more features though (ANC, EQ, Firmware update,...)

Nov 19, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #15,784 of 62,420
Yikes... I've been looking for a cheaper alternative to the 1000XM3 that has a Type C charging port. Until recently I've only seen Bluedio do that but I remained wary of that company. Fiio EH3 looks promising. From a lower price point there's the EKSA E5 (has ANC but no AptX) and Meizu HD60 (no ANC)
Off topic, but I've also been looking at the FiiO EH3. I ended up purchasing both the Bowers & Wilkins PX5 and PX7. Using the on-ear PX5 for the gym here and there. Just got the PX7 yesterday, but so far, so good. I had the Sennheiser M3, but they were a step down in build quality vs. the M2. Sounded better and more comfortable than the M2, but just did not have the same quality build (thinner leather, cheaper plastic).

I rotate from TWS, on-ear, and over-ear, because frankly, I have a major addiction problem, but also, it reduces fatigue from a single form factor.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #15,787 of 62,420
I can only compare 3 models, MW07, SMTW and Sony. About the comfort, SMTW is the best, you don't feel the headphones at all. Next is MW07, it fits well and comfortably, very secure, but sometimes you can feel the "wings" in your ears. There is no pain or discomfort in long time (I use them at work), just that you can feel it sometimes. For Sony, it is comfortable when sitting still, but when you move you can feel the bulky headphone, and it is difficult to have a secure fit, it feels loose in your ear.

About the SQ, I rate MW07 > Sony > SMTW. The sound signature of SMTW is different from both MW07 and Sony, so you may like it better.

I also only care about comfort and SQ, that's why I choose MW07. Sony and SMTW has more features though (ANC, EQ, Firmware update,...)

And what do u think about the new MW models? The "Go" version and the Plus? In Europe they don't sell the go model anywhere except their official website.

Nov 19, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #15,788 of 62,420
And what do u think about the new MW models? The "Go" version and the Plus? In Europe they don't sell the go model anywhere except their official website.
The MW07 Go = MW07 + triple battery life
MW07Plus = MW07 + triple battery life + ANC (not as good as Sony) + sensor to pause/unpause when you taking the phones out of your ears.

I'm using MW07 Go because ANC is not really important to me, save me 100e. I bought from another buyer in Germany so it is even cheaper.

Nov 19, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #15,789 of 62,420
The MW07 Go = MW07 + triple battery life
MW07Plus = MW07 + triple battery life + ANC (not as good as Sony) + sensor to pause/unpause when you taking the phones out of your ears.

I'm using MW07 Go because ANC is not really important to me, save me 100e. I bought from another buyer in Germany so it is even cheaper.

I think MW07Plus = MW07 + triple battery life + ANC (not as good as Sony) + sensor to pause/unpause when you taking the phones out of your ears + two microphones in each earpiece with beamforming tech for better noise cancellation during calls. That last part might be most important, depending on use case :wink: Unfortunately, however, the MW07 Plus is still not bringing the AAC love.

Nov 19, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #15,790 of 62,420
I think MW07Plus = MW07 + triple battery life + ANC (not as good as Sony) + sensor to pause/unpause when you taking the phones out of your ears + two microphones in each earpiece with beamforming tech for better noise cancellation during calls. That last part might be most important, depending on use case :wink: Unfortunately, however, the MW07 Plus is still not bringing the AAC love.
Thanks for clarification.

I don't hear any difference between my iPad/Macbook and my Android phone, so it's not a problem to me. They all sound beautifully.

Nov 19, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #15,793 of 62,420
If anyone was interested in a TWS Etymotic, I’ve found that they work really well with the TRN BT20(S) adapters.

Needed to shave off about 1/32nd of the rubber on the TRN adapter for the MMCX to connect properly, then put a tiny bit of heat shrink over the adapter and the earphone to cover the small gap. Very easy and heat shrink not necessary, just made it look pretty.

The big differences between the TRN BT20 and BT20S is that the ’S’ model has a matte finish, runs with higher gain, has better battery life and supports APT-X. Both models support AAC, so if you’re primarily using a Mac / IOS, you may not find much benefit with the S model.

Here’s the results of testing I’ve done with the Etymotic models I have access to.

Etymotic ER4 XR
TRN BT20 - No Hiss
TRN BT20S - No Hiss

Etymotic ER3 XR
TRN BT20 - Slight Hiss
TRN BT20S - Noticeable Hiss

Etymotic ER2 XR
TRN BT20 - No Hiss
TRN BT20S - No Hiss

Microphone quality sucks on both.

BT connectivity and sound quality are stellar.

I have to say that with my iPhone I notice zero difference between these and wired from a sound quality perspective.

Definitely my new favorite gadget.

Lq5kEcC.png

Can be securely and comfortably worn in two different ways.

WvZbf2L.png

HTm3hSz.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back