Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 17, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #15,692 of 62,458
Nov 17, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #15,694 of 62,458
Got the Aiwa Prodigy Air, Bomaker Sifi and the Haylou GT2. It doesn’t really make a difference whether you’re spending 20 dollars anymore, or 60. They all compete with each other.

21BA3D53-979A-4AB4-ACEF-A0A882647319.jpeg

Nov 17, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #15,695 of 62,458
I've never use TWS for 9hrs straight unless on flight. I just tried this morning for 1.5hrs at ~80-90% volume level in my phone. The battery on the master bud dropped from 98% to 72%. Then I put them back to charging case and took out to switch the master. The battery had 87% left. Considering aptX which consumes more power, their claim may be about right. Some online reviews also confirmed their claim.

With the same spiral dots tips on both buds, MW07 are darker/warmer with rolled off highs. The best part of MW07 is the unique bass from 10mm Be driver which no other TWS can compete. They have almost identical sound stage. Other than that, Aviot win over mids and highs, image to my ears. Just so clear and natural. The mids are slightly more forward on Aviot. Both have negligible siblance unless the music has it. Also MW07 add a bit more excitement to the music, which could be good or bad. Most of the time I listen to slow-tempo pops, rocks, vocals and classics, so Aviot is a clear winner, but I prefer MW07 for gym use for fast-tempo, bass-heavy songs to get energized. Also MW07s have much better button controls. They feel more secure as well due to the fit wings, though I didn't need to adjust Aviot during my last strength training at gym.

Listening to all of the three for quite some time now, I feel that MW07, just like nt01ax, spend more time on the design of the echo chamber to improve the sound, while Aviot focus more on meticulously fine-tuning the sound itself. After the test, I read the description more carefully on Amazon website. It states that "We selected a high-speed, wide range high-grade driver, conducted a long listening test, carefully sound-tuned 0.1 db unit for each frequency". That's exactly how I perceived: they try to make the sound curve flawless at each frequency. Don't say others don't do that, but Aviot put it to the extreme.
Appreciate your insights and the comparison with Nuarl - I suspect you may be right about the " resonance chamber" approach for the Nuarl.

The Aviot *sounds* interesting - but I just can't do it with that case lol.

Curious to know more about their imminent hybrid/new offerings - let us know if you buy them!

Nov 17, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #15,696 of 62,458
A little bit losing my mind in early morning the other day, I ordered Aviot TE-D01b when their price dropped to $165 on amazon. No expectation whatsoever, just curious how they rival against nuarl nt01ax. Surprisingly, they're the best TWS in terms of SQ so far for my ears, dethroning nt01ax and MW07 go.

I don't think they'll attract much attention since the sound sig does not follow the mainstream trend. But the craftsmanship in SQ is in their own league. They're definitely a keeper for me, and I'm now etching for Aviot's new flagship, TE-BD21f, a hybrid with 2BAs and 1 DD.

Isn't it fair you give Nuarl a shot too and try the N6/6 Pro and compare against the Aviot Flagship. Or else you'll never know which is the King or your hill. :smiling_imp:

Nov 17, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #15,699 of 62,458
Certainly, I cannot guarantee the pair you receive will be the same as mine, but there is a stark difference between the 2 and because of the gap in availability, I can only assume Amazon's stock is all the "new version".
Based on some of the recent comments on Amazon, it appears some people are still complaining about hissing on their newly arrived L2P.

Mine are coming in tomorrow.

There is definitely some baseline hiss in my L2, regardless of source signal volume or earphone volume, but whether one would consider it abnormal/excessive, I'm not sure. At the volume that I usually listen to, it wouldn't be noticeable.

Nov 17, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #15,700 of 62,458
Nov 17, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #15,701 of 62,458
It very well could be the case since L2 uses 10mm drivers while L2P uses 11mm drivers, while external enclosures appear to be the same size.

Now I'm tempted to order L2P myself just to compare sound differences for myself and then return the loser. There is currently only about a $20 difference between the two.
Theres a code someone shared that takes the L2P from $149 to $109.
JIMMYL2P
If someone already shared that again my bad. Thought i'd just repost since it was shared like 20ish pages back or so.

Nov 17, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #15,702 of 62,458
Based on some of the recent comments on Amazon, it appears some people are still complaining about hissing on their newly arrived L2P.

Mine are coming in tomorrow.

There is definitely some baseline hiss in my L2, regardless of source signal volume or earphone volume, but whether one would consider it abnormal/excessive, I'm not sure. At the volume that I usually listen to, it wouldn't be noticeable.
Yup. I've been eyeing the L2P's for Christmas gifts. But, I'd need to know that I am giving something that actually works well.
Leaning towards the GBuds at the moment.

Nov 17, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #15,703 of 62,458
Yup. I've been eyeing the L2P's for Christmas gifts. But, I'd need to know that I am giving something that actually works well.
Leaning towards the GBuds at the moment.
I still hear hiss. It’s much better than before and it’s no worse than something like a bt20s (better probably). It doesn’t interfere with the music. But if you want a silent noise floor, look elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back