Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 17, 2019 at 2:19 AM Post #15,676 of 62,423
I've got a Sony Xperia 5 phone recently and it's the first device I have that actually supports the Qualcomm True Wireless Stereo Plus standard where each bud connects to the phone directly instead of a master/slave configuration. I can use either the left or right mpow t5 buds individually, where with other phones, only the right bud is master and putting it in the case will shut down the left bud too. And the battery life of both buds can be seen on the phone without any special app, where with other phones only the battery life of the connected master bud can be seen.

spb41VP.png

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2019 at 4:32 AM Post #15,677 of 62,423
I've got a Sony Xperia 5 phone recently and it's the first device I have that actually supports the Qualcomm True Wireless Stereo Plus standard where each bud connects to the phone directly instead of a master/slave configuration. I can use either the left or right mpow t5 buds individually, where with other phones, only the right bud is master and putting it in the case will shut down the left bud too. And the battery life of both buds can be seen on the phone without any special app, where with other phones only the battery life of the connected master bud can be seen.

spb41VP.png
both my phones support TWS plus, and every pair of TW iems i've tried that have the same chipset as the T5 have supported it. In each case though, or with any true Wireless pair that can function in mono mode, once i've paired the first one i see, whether the L or R, once the pairing is complete i get a prompt asking if i want to pair to the other bud. I hit yes and it works flawlesly every time. it's possible i got a defective T5, as the right earbud started having imbalance issues just a couple weeks in to owning them. yes they were clean lol. Or maybe i just missed the prompt when i connected them. Glad the feature works for you though. i'd wondered if it was just a bogus claim, or if Mpow hadn't implemented it.

Nov 17, 2019 at 5:02 AM Post #15,678 of 62,423
A little bit losing my mind in early morning the other day, I ordered Aviot TE-D01b when their price dropped to $165 on amazon. No expectation whatsoever, just curious how they rival against nuarl nt01ax. Surprisingly, they're the best TWS in terms of SQ so far for my ears, dethroning nt01ax and MW07 go.

They have the lowest noise floor. Almost dead silent. After a week of testing L2P, the difference was immediately realized. They have neutral sound sig, tuned toward reference monitor. The bass is tight with good layers, though the amount is sufficient but not for basshead. They shine in mids and highs. Clean, crisp, accurate, and presented with authority. The most impressive part is that, despite still lack of details comparing with high-end wired IEMS, they're as good as those to de-digitize the sound without any micro-pierce and high volume cracking/clipping. I can't imagine that the lossy BT signals can be transformed to such high quality sound. The attention to perfection in SQ throughout whole spectrum is second to none. Comparing with nt01ax, they have a slightly smaller sound stage, less bass, but better clarity in mids, and almost identical in other aspects. The tonality of Aviot leans toward "audiophile" type reference monitor, while nt01ax toward consumer.

The stock tips give a thinner sound. The spiral dots do the trick perfectly.

They're light, smaller than I assumed, and very comfortable. Sound isolation is very good as well. and IPX7. Call quality is good as well. Had a call for about 30mins, without any complaints from the other side.

The cons are a large charging case (about double the length of that in nt01ax and MW07 though thinner) and limited button controls. Only play/pause and skip forward, same on both sides. And only Japanese quick guide. I have to google to learn how to use them.

I don't think they'll attract much attention since the sound sig does not follow the mainstream trend. But the craftsmanship in SQ is in their own league. They're definitely a keeper for me, and I'm now etching for Aviot's new flagship, TE-BD21f, a hybrid with 2BAs and 1 DD.
Can you compare with MW07? Bass vocal soundstage siblance?

Nov 17, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #15,680 of 62,423
bronco1015 said:
Hifi80sman has owned both IIRC, wonder what his comparison of the 2 would be. I feel like i saw a review somewhere else that said the l2P had mor bass.
It very well could be the case since L2 uses 10mm drivers while L2P uses 11mm drivers, while external enclosures appear to be the same size.

Now I'm tempted to order L2P myself just to compare sound differences for myself and then return the loser. There is currently only about a $20 difference between the two.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #15,681 of 62,423
If anyone is looking for mw07, my Go model is in the classifieds. Grey color. Little use. Switching to iOS so not ideal at this time. M&D support claims that AAC enabling is coming and can be done retroactively but there is no time table for the fix. Missed my return window. Thought it was 30 but 14 days from M&D.

Nov 17, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #15,682 of 62,423
I am very interested to try the Aviot TE-D01b. How's the battery life ? They are quoting ~9hrs, but the battery inside is 45mA vs 65mA for the LP2 .. somehow I don't buy it, but maybe the 3026 chipset is way more efficient.

It makes sense that the low end isn't as powerful, the dynamic driver in the lp2 is almost twice the size at 11mm vs. 6mm. That's not say that the Aviots don't sound better, just pointing that out

I've never use TWS for 9hrs straight unless on flight. I just tried this morning for 1.5hrs at ~80-90% volume level in my phone. The battery on the master bud dropped from 98% to 72%. Then I put them back to charging case and took out to switch the master. The battery had 87% left. Considering aptX which consumes more power, their claim may be about right. Some online reviews also confirmed their claim.

Can you compare with MW07? Bass vocal soundstage siblance?

With the same spiral dots tips on both buds, MW07 are darker/warmer with rolled off highs. The best part of MW07 is the unique bass from 10mm Be driver which no other TWS can compete. They have almost identical sound stage. Other than that, Aviot win over mids and highs, image to my ears. Just so clear and natural. The mids are slightly more forward on Aviot. Both have negligible siblance unless the music has it. Also MW07 add a bit more excitement to the music, which could be good or bad. Most of the time I listen to slow-tempo pops, rocks, vocals and classics, so Aviot is a clear winner, but I prefer MW07 for gym use for fast-tempo, bass-heavy songs to get energized. Also MW07s have much better button controls. They feel more secure as well due to the fit wings, though I didn't need to adjust Aviot during my last strength training at gym.

Listening to all of the three for quite some time now, I feel that MW07, just like nt01ax, spend more time on the design of the echo chamber to improve the sound, while Aviot focus more on meticulously fine-tuning the sound itself. After the test, I read the description more carefully on Amazon website. It states that "We selected a high-speed, wide range high-grade driver, conducted a long listening test, carefully sound-tuned 0.1 db unit for each frequency". That's exactly how I perceived: they try to make the sound curve flawless at each frequency. Don't say others don't do that, but Aviot put it to the extreme.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #15,683 of 62,423
I've never use TWS for 9hrs straight unless on flight. I just tried this morning for 1.5hrs at ~80-90% volume level in my phone. The battery on the master bud dropped from 98% to 72%. Then I put them back to charging case and took out to switch the master. The battery had 87% left. Considering aptX which consumes more power, their claim may be about right. Some online reviews also confirmed their claim.

With the same spiral dots tips on both buds, MW07 are darker/warmer with rolled off highs. The best part of MW07 is the unique bass from 10mm Be driver which no other TWS can compete. They have almost identical sound stage. Other than that, Aviot win over mids and highs, image to my ears. Just so clear and natural. The mids are slightly more forward on Aviot. Both have negligible siblance unless the music has it. Also MW07 add a bit more excitement to the music, which could be good or bad. Most of the time I listen to slow-tempo pops, rocks, vocals and classics, so Aviot is a clear winner, but I prefer MW07 for gym use for fast-tempo, bass-heavy songs to get energized. Also MW07s have much better button controls. They feel more secure as well due to the fit wings, though I didn't need to adjust Aviot during my last strength training at gym.

Listening to all of the three for quite some time now, I feel that MW07, just like nt01ax, spend more time on the design of the echo chamber to improve the sound, while Aviot focus more on meticulously fine-tuning the sound itself. After the test, I read the description more carefully on Amazon website. It states that "We selected a high-speed, wide range high-grade driver, conducted a long listening test, carefully sound-tuned 0.1 db unit for each frequency". That's exactly how I perceived: they try to make the sound curve flawless at each frequency. Don't say others don't do that, but Aviot put it to the extreme.

Thank you, it doesn't sound like my taste.

Anyway, I tried to listen L2P more, but I can't enjoy them as much as MW07. Will return it soon.

Nov 17, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #15,684 of 62,423
What tips are being used with the LP2? I’ve been using Spinfits with my MPOW T5 and mostly symbio Peels with my wired ones.

I'm curious about this too. So far my favorites with them are my medium JVC Spiral Dots.

Nov 17, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #15,685 of 62,423
If anyone is looking for mw07, my Go model is in the classifieds. Grey color. Little use. Switching to iOS so not ideal at this time. M&D support claims that AAC enabling is coming and can be done retroactively but there is no time table for the fix. Missed my return window. Thought it was 30 but 14 days from M&D.
Not gonna lie, mw07 sound pretty good on my iPhone.

Nov 17, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #15,686 of 62,423
Nov 17, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #15,688 of 62,423
Does anyone know something about the new 1more anc tws? Been holding out for then over a month now.

Apparently not out till January. Really looking forward to trying them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back