Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 6, 2019 at 7:57 PM Post #15,002 of 62,452
My guess is there may be some hardware variation on the new version.

Impressive if they managed to alter production in just a few weeks time after hearing the complaints, unless they knew about it and it was planned that way all along. But maybe they did.. either way Anker are a solid company which is the main reason I felt comfortable pre-ordering at $100.

Now that i've been reading this thread, there are so many good/cheap options out there!

But I agree that its easy to get lost here, there should be a subforum for all this and each headphone should have a dedicated thread.

Nov 6, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #15,003 of 62,452
OH darn. It just got a great review from gamesky today. Maybe HIFI got a bad batch? I wonder if he tried the Ofusho F16?
I can't even remotely comprehend where he's coming from AND say they are the best under $50. L-O-EFFIN-L.

I think @d3myz also tried these.

They're pretty bad. Like, bad. They sound like you're in a cave. Funny, because based on his review and explanation of the sound, he's actually almost describing the cave-like sound but is interpreting it as "soundstage", etc. They basically sound like someone applied bad artificial "concert hall" DSP.

Nov 6, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #15,004 of 62,452
Might be..but with all due respect to gamesky (if he happens to be a member here), his opinion on sound doesn't match my taste personally (like the sabbat e12, for instance). I prefer to read the collective opinions of members here.
Youtube reviewers that seems to match my preference, for one is the Super Review guy
I agree with you. I've never bought anything he had suggested. Pure fun to watch some of these guys though. I share my opinion with everyone here on any TWS I have owned. May not be everybodies cup of tea, but with Amazon easy to return thank goodness.

Nov 6, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #15,005 of 62,452
I can't even remotely comprehend where he's coming from AND say they are the best under $50. L-O-EFFIN-L.

They're pretty bad. Like, bad. They sound like you're in a cave. Funny, because based on his review and explanation of the sound, he's actually almost describing the cave-like sound but is interpreting it as "soundstage", etc. They basically sound like someone applied bad artificial "concert hall" DSP.

He also like the sound of the E12 so much, which to me sounds boomy and rolled off in the highs. The only good thing about the E12 is the functionality and the soundstage. Come to think of it, that one also has that kind of a hollow mids that creates the seemingly large stage. Maybe that is his preferred sound

Nov 6, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #15,006 of 62,452

Yep like those Koseton I had to return to Amazon. I thought maybe they'd be good since soundpeats stuff gets slot of praised here. I didn't get the earlier version because they had no volume control. On to the next TWS. :beerchug:

Nov 6, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #15,007 of 62,452
He also like the sound of the E12 so much, which to me sounds boomy and rolled off in the highs. The only good thing about the E12 is the functionality and the soundstage. Come to think of it, that one also has that kind of a hollow mids that creates the seemingly large stage. Maybe that is his preferred sound
I'll never buy anything Sabbat after those awful treble less and boomy bass on those E12.

Nov 6, 2019 at 8:33 PM Post #15,008 of 62,452
I'll never buy anything Sabbat after those awful treble less and boomy bass on those E12.
While I understand, I suggest that you might be surprised with the X12 Pro with its open style, incredible comfort, great call quality. Definitely not meant for audiophiles, but for physical activities (no thumping), nice call quality, on the go use case, it is something I fall back to (especially if I am going to just listen to podcasts, audiobooks)

Nov 6, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #15,009 of 62,452
I been trying to research wireless earbuds for the last few days and after reading online reviews, watching youtube and looking in here I am even more confused. It seems that most reviews base their reviews on features and sound is not that important. I am more interested in sound quality for music. What would be the best options for music? Under a 100 and at any price level? Thank you guys.

Nov 6, 2019 at 8:35 PM Post #15,010 of 62,452

While I understand, I suggest that you might be surprised with the X12 Pro with its open style, incredible comfort, great call quality. Definitely not meant for audiophiles, but for physical activities (no thumping), nice call quality, on the go use case, it is something I fall back to (especially if I am going to just listen to podcasts, audiobooks)

I agree. The X12 remains one of my favorite, especially for home multimedia use (watching youtubes and TV with bluetooth)

Nov 6, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #15,011 of 62,452
I been trying to research wireless earbuds for the last few days and after reading online reviews, watching youtube and looking in here I am even more confused. It seems that most reviews base their reviews on features and sound is not that important. I am more interested in sound quality for music. What would be the best options for music? Under a 100 and at any price level? Thank you guys.

The most important reason why people choose TWS earbuds is for convenience and ease of use. This does not replace, yet, the need for wired earphones when it comes to pure sonic abilities. The technology just is not there, with bluetooth and its inherent limitations. I see TWS as something that complements my use cases rather than displacing my existing equipment. Having said that, MPoW T5, SSK (fantastic for $20), and my MW07+ are serving me very well indeed.

Nov 6, 2019 at 10:37 PM Post #15,013 of 62,452
I saw the gamesky review and recalled that @hifi80sman had rather strong feelings in the other direction. How do we reconcile those rather opposite opinions? Bad batch?
Brian Unboxed also reviewed them and gave good feedback on SQ
Considering @hifi80sman found mismatch from left to right side might hint a bad item

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2019 at 10:55 PM Post #15,014 of 62,452
Brian Unboxed also reviewed them and gave good feedback on SQ
Considering @hifi80sman found mismatch from left to right side might hint a bad item

he also compared the E12 with Galaxy Buds and Airpods, and said the E12 sounds the best. sooo... i'd say his preference is more like gamesky and don't match mine at all.

Nov 6, 2019 at 11:38 PM Post #15,015 of 62,452
Well that was the total opposite of what I thought of the original E12 which was quite airy and V-shaped, I agree about the hollow mids though. Then again I suspect there are bad runs and/or rejects circulating as both my E12 and E12 Ultra from different Aliexpress sellers have bad driver matching with stronger treble on the left. As far as I can tell the E12 Ultra doesn't have that hollow section in the mids and should be rather forward, but since my dud has this section imbalanced I am unable to confirm.After I tried balancing my mismatched pair with foam on the peaked side, the highs are rolled off but levelled out with the mids. I enjoy their sound at the current state but since I had to mod my unit I don't know how they compare to a "good" unit.

Not bashing Brian as I enjoy watching his video, but I do recall someone accused him of sounding like a paid review on his Letscom BE32 video. The next time I saw that video the comment was gone so he probably deleted it. That commenter seemed downright condescending without offering any proof, but it would have been better if he had addressed it outright.

TotallyDubbed trashed the Galaxy Buds and got so much flak for it calling him a fake reviewer, but honest reviews like his were why I hesitated on purchasing them, followed by finding out how inflated they were in Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back