Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 6, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #14,972 of 63,217
Hi guys!

Good to see people are still raving about the Anbes 359/SSK. For those who want a similar SQ with Aptx and 8hr battery don't forget the Ofusho F16:
Bluetooth Earbuds Wireless Earbuds Bluetooth Earphones Wireless Headphones, OFUSHO Bluetooth 5.0 Deep Bass 152H Playtime IPX7 Waterproof TWS Stereo in-Ear Headphones with Charging Case, CVC8.0 Apt-X https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VD3M6M3/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_ErVWDbJFAQKDS

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #14,974 of 63,217
They did last year, though I can’t remember exactly how much. I just remember being surprised that the newly released MW07 were discounted.

On a related note, since we’re so close to Black Friday I’ve forsworn any more TWS purchases until then. It’s only three weeks... I even returned my APPs unopened yesterday, because even if I could live with what is reported to be the sound quality I couldn’t stomach doing it for full price.

Instead of just collecting a bunch of lower priced tws I'm thinking of just biting the bullet and getting the mw07. Hopefully they will offer a Black Friday special price. :beerchug:

Nov 6, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #14,975 of 63,217
Is there a way to EQ the airpod pros on a system level ? Like from iOS instead of doing it from each specific application ?

For example I don't think Soundcloud has a built in EQ presets inside the app.. would the pros go to a flat EQ in that case?

I sent a message to Soundcore asking when the new (less hiss) revamped version Liberty 2 Pro would be available and they said it is now ready. So hopefully the hiss is gone or at least lessened. I am seriously thinking about getting them as well.

I just heard back from them yesterday.

I think I will wait a few more weeks and see if I can exchange mine for the newer version. Doesn't bother me at all, but why not..

Nov 6, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #14,976 of 63,217
They were from Aliexpress and 'Noname' .. there is no name on the box nor on the charging case. The seller I got them from does not list them anymore (not even as 'sold out') Here's a screenshot, I've seen more like this when you search for 'B6 TWS'

Semi related, found this funny pic in a B6 review. I really think that apple’s AirPods have given some people wrong ideas on how to wear other tws :wink:
Funny thing, I see people wear all kinds of TWS' backwards in reviews ALL THE TIME. No words, my friend, no words.

Nov 6, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #14,979 of 63,217
@d3myz did you get your replacement pair? Does it have the hissing (sounds like they admitted the gain was set too high).
They should be here tomorrow. Not sure I mentioned this before, but after the firmware update I noticed hissing every now and then, where as I never did before.

Edit: Also, Siri sounds much worse now after the update.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #14,980 of 63,217
I've been enjoying a pair of Sabbat E12 Ultras for a few weeks now, but the one thing that's kind of annoyed me about both them is the shallow insertion depth. The housing just kind of gets in the way; it's deep enough to be decently secure, but just a few millimeters less than I'd prefer. There's a night and day difference between them and my KZ ZS10 Pros with the BT20s, for example. Those have their own little nuisances, of course. That in mind, can anyone recommend a pair of TWS with greater insertion depth along with aptX support?

Nov 6, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #14,981 of 63,217
Have not been here in a while. Could these SSK be an upgrade to my MpowT5? If not, with 11.11 in mind what would be for under 100 USD/Euros? cheers

I much prefer the SSK to the Mpow T5. I found the SSK to have a wider soundstage and more exciting for pop music.

Nov 6, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #14,982 of 63,217
I've heard lypertek tevi and melomania 1.

I'd pick lypertek tevi for the price performance and prefer its sound over melomania 1.
If you have a chance do fit those 2 first before you buy them
I owned the Tevi but kept the Melomania 1. To me, the latter with the OEM foam tips sounds great. They are not perfect comfort-wise, very thick sound tube, but for my purposes (60 minute max use) they are great. I also really like the Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro. Mine never hissed and they fixed that I hear.

Nov 6, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #14,983 of 63,217
Guess a few on this thread will have anbes 359 / 359 clone. After updating my iphone 7 to ios 13.2 the headphone bluetooth drops after a few seconds - no issue with any other bt headphones tried. Anyone else having this issue - tried the normal power on / off , remove and add etc etc ??

Back to the drawing board for a new set of tws...

Which Anbes 359 clone do you have?

Nov 6, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #14,984 of 63,217
Hello, I am looking for a nice pair of true wireless earphones. My budget is around 50$ but I ofc would prefer to spend as less as possible. After looking I found Blitzwolf BW-FYE7 which seems very nice for their price. Anyone has other recommendations?

If you only want to buy one, get the SSK. If you want to buy 2 to compare, get the MPOW T5 also. Those seem to be the two most mentioned under $50.

If you're in the U.S., you can get both from Amazon.
SSK - https://www.amazon.com/SSK-Bluetooth-Headphones-Sweatproof-Microphone/dp/B07R8TPND5

Mpow T5 - https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Mpow-Bluetooth-Featured-Cancelling/dp/B07SR1FTD4

@rulerofrecords You can get the SSK from Aliexpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33005202947.html

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #14,985 of 63,217
I for one prefer the T5/M5, better fit (the Anbes 359 were too small and lost the seal too easily) and the soundstage of the Anbes 359 was too wide for my brain/ears !

The M5/T5 might have some QC issues though, the Amazon seller sent me another pair after the first one had this high noise floor in the right ear...the second pair has a high noise floor in the left ear, not as bad though ! I wonder if it's not a "master"/"slave" issue though depending on which one you connect first. Haven't really had time to look into that possibility.

On another subject I'm still pretty happy with the APPs although as others have pointed out there's something slightly "off" in their SQ, it's hard to pinpoint, maybe just a lack of "precision", they sound a bit "messy" like the X12. Something that's annoying with my Android phone is that they do NOT reconnect automatically in "music playing mode" when you end a call. They're still connected but no music can be played. The only fix I've found is to turn BT on/off and then it works again. Anyone else notice that ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back