Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 4, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #14,836 of 63,208
I did try both. Don't like sound quality compare to cable.
Also I tried https://www.aliexpress.com/i/33006636225.html (after changing plugs) still don't like to sound quality of my IE80 even APT X HD
I did try Cambridge Audio Melomania 1 and Sennheiser Momantum and ... I don't like them plus didn't fit well in my ears.
Currently waiting for delivery of Lypertek Tevi. I will let you know today later :)

After 2 hours with Lypertek Tevi. Buy them- won't regret!!! I'm in love:)

Nov 4, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #14,838 of 63,208
It's probably been commented on before butI just noticed that the MPOW T5 and Lypertek share the same case and likely the same buds. Has anyone actually been able to compare them side by side ? Are the Lypertek such of an improvement over the already excellent T5 that it justifies they're 4x price ?

EDIT - naturally this was noticed back in July and Lypertek were even asked about it and here was their answer : https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...re-we-there-yet.861024/page-631#post-15078234

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #14,839 of 63,208
oh man, do the highs sound tinny or at least very detailed . Like cymbals are almost make my hair stand on end like scratching a blackboard, hence why I kill them in my EQ.

so I have two theories to this:

1) everyone has different hearing, some of us are older and some younger. Maybe I still have a bit more hearing on the higher ends hence my sensitivity?

2) I wonder if the earphone tip check isn’t just that. Maybe it’s a way of Apple getting / tricking users to run a program that custom changes the EQ of the AirPods?

@tma6 out of curiosity, did you run the earphone tip test again or change tips between day 1 and 3?

Thinking back on it, I did run the eartip size test, but I did M, L which came back Ok, then went to S which came back as poor seal. Needless to say I didn’t run the M or L again as I knew which fit ... but perhaps this could explain the many different sound profiles that people are having?

The hearing thing could be possible. I do feel like they’ve warmed up a bit after a few days and cymbals are starting to ease up. Definitely think the fit could matter a lot too, as it took me a bit to find a fit I was comfortable with and my sound impressions changed up until I found a fit that works.

Nov 4, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #14,840 of 63,208
It's probably been commented on before butI just noticed that the MPOW T5 and Lypertek share the same case and likely the same buds. Has anyone actually been able to compare them side by side ? Are the Lypertek such of an improvement over the already excellent T5 that it justifies they're 4x price ?

imo the Lypertek are awesome but different than the mpows. They definitely have a bit more soundstage, definition in the highs, and a slightly more natural midrange, but the bass on the mpows is much more impactful and they still sound great for the price. Kinda depends on what you’re looking for but they have different signatures.

Nov 4, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #14,841 of 63,208
Thanks, my T5s/M5s sure sound pleasant with a good soundstage (not as "distracting as on the Anbes 359) and nice impactful bass once I get a good seal and comfortable fit. It wasn't easy to achieve that, I had to dig out the L silicone tips of the Jabra Elite Sports ! The seal probably wouldn't survive any brisk activity though...

I get the quest for tiny buds but I'm not sure what that's really achieving apart from "cuteness"...I really wish there were larger buds that fill your ears (like pro IEMs) for better stability. That or IEMs that come with "wings", actually this might be happening with wings being provided with the Echo Buds, need to check out some YT videos to see what they look like.

Nov 4, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #14,842 of 63,208
After further listening I think I'm starting to realize what the issues are with the Airpods Pro, and they're in the highs and the bass. Apple has definitely done something very clever with them though to mask certain deficiencies that reveal themselves on closer listen. Full review to come for sure on these.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #14,843 of 63,208
Hello, I am looking for a nice pair of true wireless earphones. My budget is around 50$ but I ofc would prefer to spend as less as possible. After looking I found Blitzwolf BW-FYE7 which seems very nice for their price. Anyone has other recommendations?

Nov 4, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #14,844 of 63,208
Last edited:
Nov 4, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #14,849 of 63,208
And this is why I recommend / would pick the SSK, they are identical (ok, not the color) ... i own both , they sound (at least to my old ears) and behave the same (volume control by double clicking the buds), have the best fit for my wonky lobes and I can trust that when I pick them up in the morning for a run that they are charged and did not drain over night. Plus connection is rock solid
I agree with all of this.

Nov 4, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #14,850 of 63,208
Has anyone heard or know of these? They are the EWA T200 and are currently an Amazon lightening deal for the next 4 hours or so. They have some intriguing specs like a 13mm driver, foam tips(so you know they fit in the case), and are ip67 waterproof.

Let me know!
I have those. They're pretty thick sounding. They are not an audiophile recommendation. They have a unique, resonating bass, which is admittedly fun, but only a recommendation for a teenager. Anyone looking to seriously enjoy audio, I do not recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back