Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 4, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #14,824 of 63,208
Right so I need some help picking my next purchase. I've given up on my search for a good pair of ANC over ears for now since the PX7 and IO6 disappointed me for different reasons. However, I do need something that plays music over BT since all I have right now is a pair of Sennheiser IE80. Those are wired and my phone (P30 Pro) doesn't have a 3.5mm jack. Could get an adapter for it but I've decided I want to go wireless. I still want some ANC cans in the near future so these will be a temporary / backup option. Budget is around 100 euros. Sound quality is most important. Good video sync would be nice. To give you an idea of what I like sound-wise: Sennheiser IE80 / Philips Fidelio X1. So having done some research I've a couple of different options (random order).

1. Tronsmart Spunky Beat
2. MPOW T5/M5
3. Lypertek Tevi
4. Cambridge Audio Melomania 1
5. Convert my IE80's to wireless bluetooth with a BT cable

Which of these options is going to best satisfy my needs? Can anyone compare some of them SQ-wise? Has anyone tried converting their IEMs to BT? Unfortunately I've no option to try any of them out which is why I would like some help. Any advice?

Nov 4, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #14,826 of 63,208
Right so I need some help picking my next purchase. I've given up on my search for a good pair of ANC over ears for now since the PX7 and IO6 disappointed me for different reasons. However, I do need something that plays music over BT since all I have right now is a pair of Sennheiser IE80. Those are wired and my phone (P30 Pro) doesn't have a 3.5mm jack. Could get an adapter for it but I've decided I want to go wireless. I still want some ANC cans in the near future so these will be a temporary / backup option. Budget is around 100 euros. Sound quality is most important. Good video sync would be nice. To give you an idea of what I like sound-wise: Sennheiser IE80 / Philips Fidelio X1. So having done some research I've a couple of different options (random order).

1. Tronsmart Spunky Beat
2. MPOW T5/M5
3. Lypertek Tevi
4. Cambridge Audio Melomania 1
5. Convert my IE80's to wireless bluetooth with a BT cable

Which of these options is going to best satisfy my needs? Can anyone compare some of them SQ-wise? Has anyone tried converting their IEMs to BT? Unfortunately I've no option to try any of them out which is why I would like some help. Any advice?

Maybe a Radsone Earstudio ES100 or FIIO BTR3?

Nov 4, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #14,828 of 63,208
Maybe a Radsone Earstudio ES100 or FIIO BTR3?
I did try both. Don't like sound quality compare to cable.
Also I tried https://www.aliexpress.com/i/33006636225.html (after changing plugs) still don't like to sound quality of my IE80 even APT X HD
I did try Cambridge Audio Melomania 1 and Sennheiser Momantum and ... I don't like them plus didn't fit well in my ears.
Currently waiting for delivery of Lypertek Tevi. I will let you know today later :)

Nov 4, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #14,829 of 63,208
I did try both. Don't like sound quality compare to cable.
Also I tried https://www.aliexpress.com/i/33006636225.html (after changing plugs) still don't like to sound quality of my IE80 even APT X HD
I did try Cambridge Audio Melomania 1 and Sennheiser Momantum and ... I don't like them plus didn't fit well in my ears.
Currently waiting for delivery of Lypertek Tevi. I will let you know today later :)
Have u tried shanling up2 ? They were neutral sources & I usually stream with LDAC codex with it. Sounds very nice.

Nov 4, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #14,831 of 63,208
btw can we say that the sold out anbes 359 are the best budget headphones and the benchmark for budget tws right now?

And this is why I recommend / would pick the SSK, they are identical (ok, not the color) ... i own both , they sound (at least to my old ears) and behave the same (volume control by double clicking the buds), have the best fit for my wonky lobes and I can trust that when I pick them up in the morning for a run that they are charged and did not drain over night. Plus connection is rock solid

Nov 4, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #14,833 of 63,208
btw can we say that the sold out anbes 359 are the best budget headphones and the benchmark for budget tws right now?
Along with the Mpow T5/ M5. The SKK being even cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back