Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 3, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #14,791 of 62,387
Thank you. That makes perfect sense. I prefer more treble than what the AirPods came with. Typically i prefer a slight bass boost, high treble and high Mid’s.

If you want to know what the other EQs look like, download a copy of iTunes (on Windows or Mac OS 10.14 or prior) or Apple Music (Mac OS 10.15 or later). Then the EQ stuff is under Window > Equalizer.

Nov 3, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #14,793 of 62,387
Just additional FYI

5:28 - it doesn't matter which side you connect 1st during pairing, either side will work.

5:58 - Lypertek is a subdivision of Oriveti

9:47 - agreed on the sweet sounding midrange

Fascinating, I had no idea.

Oriveti copied the Linkin Park logo lol :)

In other order of thoughts, I liked the Oriveti New Primacy, and I think that the Lypertek Tevi are well worth their asking price :)

Nov 3, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #14,797 of 62,387
Small bass boost, lowers the 500Hz range while boosting vocals and treble. I kind of wish the iPhone had a custom EQ you could set (like you can with Apple Music on the Mac).

@Minarets i agree, from playing around Electronic does sound the best of all the defaults, but still didn’t sound right, but I have found a solution (see below)

@tinyman392 i thought this as well, but then I discovered Spotify does have a custom EQ and it has changed everything! It’s under the playback settings.

to be honest, I was a bit disappointed with the APP sound at first, in particular the highs sounded really tinny and almost made my ears itchy, like too much clarity, and bass a bit lacking.

I’ve never really been one to play with EQ settings before, preferring natural sound of IEMs but the APP really needs it to sound right for me. I’m not the most knowledgable with regard to terminology, but I’ve found this EQ setting to sound amazing for the APP. Try it out.
E73048D5-591E-4E1A-829A-DAC0A2F08F90.jpeg

Nov 3, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #14,798 of 62,387
If you want to know what the other EQs look like, download a copy of iTunes (on Windows or Mac OS 10.14 or prior) or Apple Music (Mac OS 10.15 or later). Then the EQ stuff is under Window > Equalizer.

You can also see the presents in Spotify On the iPhone too! Helped me play around to see what each did and find a sound I like!

Nov 3, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #14,799 of 62,387
quick question: if not regarding the price difference, which one is better in sound, and also overall: the Mpow T5 or the Plantronics Backbeat Pro 5100? does the B Pro 5100 has APTX support?

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #14,801 of 62,387
Man, they do NOT look comfortable at all....

They might not look comfortable. But in my test I was amazed at how comfortable they were in my ears. But I know if I buy some for my wife I will have her try at an Apple store before buying because she has different ears than me so better safe than sorry.

I suggest you try them if you can.

Nov 3, 2019 at 9:27 PM Post #14,803 of 62,387
@Minarets i agree, from playing around Electronic does sound the best of all the defaults, but still didn’t sound right, but I have found a solution (see below)

@tinyman392 i thought this as well, but then I discovered Spotify does have a custom EQ and it has changed everything! It’s under the playback settings.

to be honest, I was a bit disappointed with the APP sound at first, in particular the highs sounded really tinny and almost made my ears itchy, like too much clarity, and bass a bit lacking.

I’ve never really been one to play with EQ settings before, preferring natural sound of IEMs but the APP really needs it to sound right for me. I’m not the most knowledgable with regard to terminology, but I’ve found this EQ setting to sound amazing for the APP. Try it out.

Oh wow. I have Apple Music but thought about switching. My son has Spotify. I’ll try it out on his phone. Thanks for the heads up.

Nov 3, 2019 at 11:01 PM Post #14,804 of 62,387
So is anyone else waiting for chi-fi tws iem makers to come up with the Blackpod Pros? Should be inevitable, right?

I predict that in about 3 months we will see the i7 pro, about 20% bigger in size than the original :wink: white only, none of the functions other than music.
In about a year they will have managed to cram all the essentials in the same form factor and there will be a plethora of colors .. selling for 20$ ... the ANC will be just a white noise generator with volume / bass boost to sell the illusion :D

Nov 3, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #14,805 of 62,387
Yo guys, after returning my MW07+ for the second time bc of connectivity, I decided to cave and bought the Airpod Pros. I really did not like the first Airpods at all and generally think Apple charges wayyyyy too much for what it sells, but saw the positive reviews and decided to give them a try. I think I might go ahead and do another full review here after trying them out for a week or so. First impressions: honestly I'm impressed, but it's been a bit of a weird experience. The first day I tried them they sounded washed out and tinny and a bit grating for some reason. But now on day 3 their sound is considerably better than when I first used them. I know a lot of people (including me) don't trust "burn in," but unless I'm going crazy this was one of the clearest cases I've heard of this type of phenomenon. Anyway, will report back with a full review in a few days, but definitely promising as of right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back